White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, Crosse'. Nice share. I am throwing one last friend out there for you. He is from Santa Fe. His name is Matthew Andrae. He writes most of what he sings, and what he sings, I sure do like. And, finally, I will see if I can find my friend I grew up with (like a brother) named Tony, as the last campfire song of the night. The bambinos and I are hitting the sack. Goodnight!!!

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok. I just finished page 20 of this thread. I had to come forward and say that so far I have been totally intrigued by this thread. All I can say is 'Wow'. I have a couple, three, or maybe more things about 'spirits' that I will certainly tell. But, it will be after I've finished the (now) 67 pages of this thread. I don't know how much time I can spend between now and when I finish it; but if I live long enough, and hopefully God will allow me to, I will tell some stories that, as far as I know, do not pertain to treasures, but I can't say that for certain. Maybe someone can tell me more about what they mean.

As for now, all I can say is that this is great! I've seen the name of this thread numerous times, but didn't know what it was really about. Then I stated that I thought Mastiff4Me was a beautiful lady, Jeff Gordon told me that she was married, I explained that I wasn't 'looking for a woman', then Crosse De Sign told me to read this thread to learn something about her. After reading some of her posts, I now believe that I know what attracted me to her! I'll explain later.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I didn't intend to even see if anybody replied to my post; but I see Releventchair has. I just read what Hugapug posted and was about to explode. Then I happened to see the next post by Crosse De Sign. Yes, that's exactly what I was going to say! Gee, this thread is getting great, and I'm on only page 22!!!!!!

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy texasred777,
And welcome to our camp. Let me pour you some of Oroblanco's famous sock coffee:coffee2:. Make yourself comfortable by the fire, I'll go get some more wood in a little bit. Can't wait to hear more good stories, I'm sure they will be worth the wait.

Yes Mastiff4me is quite a gem, some say beauty is only skin deep, but in her case you will soon find out that she is beautiful all the way through.

Homar

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Howdy,

I got left behind, :coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:fungus free coffee for everyone, won't make you dance with the old.:laughing7:

Truckinbutch, I didn't like your story, I loved it, my father has stepped on two rattlers. The first, he was looking for a cow that was supposed to calf. He thought he had stepped on a slippery cow pie, and turned back to look after a step or two, to see an angry rattler. Years later on the other, he thought he had stepped on a cottontail because he felt bones crunching.

Crosse, thanks for relating your tornado incident, now I can tell others how I learned that they turn counter clockwise. I have danced the Huapango with death herself. After being the sole survivor of a head on, and later walking away out of a pipeline accident that would have killed an elephant, they started to call me Superman.??? Incidentally, even though a head on happens in the blink of an eye, one sees it happen in slow motion. It does make me wonder why I am still here? Might it be just to tease El Duende de Tayopa?:dontknow:

Getting back to the topic, I don't know if treasures themselves have spirits, but I do believe that spirits let us know of lost treasures. On the outskirts of our small town there is a small hill that everyone knows as Billy Goat Hill. It is on the side of a road, and we would all go to drink there every now and then since you could drive almost to the top along side the fence, and see the town lights. We all knew the story of the two men who had found a box of gold coins in a well there. When they were younger, they had looked into the old well, and noticed a pocket on the wall close to the bottom. One of them was lowered down, and retrieved a box of gold coins. An elder friend of mine told me that hill was named like that because they would see a spirit goat there, after the gold coins were found, they never saw the goat again.

Homar

coazon, hey brother:

I think this also, is one of the very best posts on this
thread. Soon, I plan to explain, why I was jiving you,
about the story you told of you're wife being uneasy
at the river, when she sensed something, and you
both got out, and left. Then, maybe you will sorta'
understand, my nervous kind of laugh, was at me.
Like a nervous reaction, to one of my lives I used... :cross:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Howdy texasred777,
And welcome to our camp. Let me pour you some of Oroblanco's famous sock coffee:coffee2:. Make yourself comfortable by the fire, I'll go get some more wood in a little bit. Can't wait to hear more good stories, I'm sure they will be worth the wait.

Yes Mastiff4me is quite a gem, some say beauty is only skin deep, but in her case you will soon find out that she is beautiful all the way through.

Homar

coazon,

Very well said again, my friend.
Everyone pretty well gone to bed,
here and there..? Best time to maybe try an'
do a little writing directly, Night Eagle that I am:tongue3:... :cross:

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, Yes, Trappergirl:

Really liked Matthew Andrae, and Tony Suraci.
Matthew, very unique, soulful, awesome rhythm and vocals,
is that a Flamenco Style? Tony, versatile and mysterious too.

That's some cool talents you keep company with, and Michael
would probably be considered a living legend, to some I reckon.
I gotta' learn how to do that, so's I can share too!

Thanks, Much enjoyed and appreciated, as coazon well spoke, you are
a rare gem to us all, priceless, a gift from the giver of such good things... :cross:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I didn't intend to even see if anybody replied to my post; but I see Releventchair has. I just read what Hugapug posted and was about to explode. Then I happened to see the next post by Crosse De Sign. Yes, that's exactly what I was going to say! Gee, this thread is getting great, and I'm on only page 22!!!!!!

Howdy, texasred777:

You got me attention, bro., 'bout the attraction to the
best storyteller of the bunch, yeah, I think I know why.

Glad for you to be hangin' out with us, help yourself to
whatever it is ye may like, or need. Go ahead an try a
good shot of Doc Jose's homemade Agave Elixir, if you
want, he won't mined.

Ther'es a good spot, or take yer pick, if ye stay the night.
By the fire, or a bunk. Coffee and breakfast after the first
Rooster crows. Hope you do, reale enjoy... :cross:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
A very bright moon tonight. Much cooler also. Camped far enough from the Hacienda to be out of range of linen napkins and silver napkin rings and the breach of etiquette of which fork again for salad and how much wine is too much?. Out of the firelight but catching conversations past in posts thinking dang,adventurous living has quite a
cross section on :cross:'s section. :hello2:
Yeah,see what happens when some yankee's gets by linen.:laughing7:

Relevent, you're catching on to me varyin'
Crosse' sections... Hmmm. :laughing9::laughing7:

OK. Thanks, ...:cross:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
I was caught, too deep
to touch bottom, in the waves repeatedly,
7 times... We thought waves always came,
in sets of seven. I've seen that. So after the
seventh wave, I knew it would be live or die.
I dragged my hide out, one hard step at a time.

I never got choked, thankfully, we had body
surfed since little kids. I was tired, my 138
lbs. 6' 2". I relaxed, and was done with any
swimming for the day. We always got to
watch the fireworks, a few miles curve
in view down the coast, in Laguna Beach.

They later changed all of that,
and we had to leave 'fore dusk.
They had Paradise, they paved
it a parking lot... Crosse :cross:

Last edited:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everybody for all those nice tunes, thought I'd share one. There are so many nice songs, and singers to choose from, but this seems perfect for the campfire. I don't know if it's because of all the horses I've broke, or because the white mare reminds me of one of my best. Don Jose you can just imagine it's about your mule.:laughing7: Leonard has another one with a clearer sound, while Emmylou Harris has others titled Ballad of a Runaway Horse.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crosse, you story reminds me of how much we have lost as a country…….it is no longer the land of the free, not for many years now…….just about everything is regulated, restricted, monitored, prohibited, etc, etc………..
And this is in part why I spend half the year in Ecuador………far more free than here…….different problems, but far more free…….and with freedom comes opportunity.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Howdy, texasred777:

You got me attention, bro., 'bout the attraction to the
best storyteller of the bunch, yeah, I think I know why.

Glad for you to be hangin' out with us, help yourself to
whatever it is ye may like, or need. Go ahead an try a
good shot of Doc Jose's homemade Agave Elixir, if you
want, he won't mined (spiked with TN. or KY. whiskey),
since Truckinbutch hasn't been around with his good
'ol samplin's, recently. Guess we scared him, mdog,
Springfield, or Somebody away.

But not to worry, maybe only Oro get's a bit edgy in his ol'
restless dreamy hunt nights, er when he gets suddenly awakened.
That is, according to Doc Don Jose. No problem, or worry, you'll be
safe and all, getting ta' know us. Ther'es a good spot, or take yer pick,
if ye stay the night. By the fire, or a bunk. Coffee and breakfast after the
first Rooster crows, unless Rebel beats us up. Hope you do, reale enjoy... :cross:

LOL! NOT gonna beat ANYONE up; just don't sleep next to a cliff, with a LONG drop... (playing SWEET HOME, ALABAMA!). Heh, heh, heh...

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning! I see everyone has disappeared. Coals are still crackling a bit, though. Looks like you all had a good evening, and left some awesome and perfectly poetic music and cool words. Coffee is on. Striped socks kind. Perfect Friday Blend. :) One more final cowgirl to enter the camp, and sing to you. She is very special to me. We still keep in touch. Most don't know of her, but should. She sounds a bit like Janis J., but she uniquely herself through and through. Her name is Paula. You might recognize her Daddy. smile. Now, go put on your boots and enjoy THIS day.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a couple of things. First, Mastiff4me, the first PM was before I knew of your accident. The second one (reply) was sent before I wished you a quick and full recovery. You're in my prayers.

Second, I had to come forward a few months to say something about 'dowsing'. (I'm only on page 30 of the thread.) I have used it quite a bit since the first time I saw a man locate a water line where I was about to dig a hole. He had 2 pieces of #12 solid copper wire bent into a 'L' shape. I have used just about every kind of wire that I had at the moment. Seemingly, to me, for me, the best is a couple of brazing rods. I've used them to find all kinds of things. I've never tried to find 'treasure' with them. The most important thing I've used them for I guess, was to find the size of an underground gasoline storage tank at a service station. A couple had bought the station which had been closed for several years and had no idea as to the size of the tanks. Normally, there are charts at the stations showing the size and capacity of the tanks and the amount of products that is in the tanks according to the depth of liquid in inches. I took a couple of brazing rods and found the ends and sides of the tanks, then used a 'gauge' (measuring) stick to get the depth of the tank.
As for who can and who can not do this type of dowsing, I have yet to see anyone who can not do it. I had mentally challenged daughter who could do it as well as my wife, other daughter, and son. My son-in-law has no problem doing it either.
Kinda hard to stay back in the thread when there is so much I want to say! I really didn't intend to come forward again until I had finished the thread, but --we'll see, maybe I can finish it before temptation overcomes me again! lol

Last edited:

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1052043

Hey, Tex. that was strange you sent that because I have been researching a great del in regards to dowsing. Huh? Good topic. Last year I asked around about purchasing some sort of deep-seeking electromagnetic detection system. The technology is awesome, but the price (and typical user size) is just to much for me. I did see one fairly small hand held/single user device that I liked, but again, $$$. So, the best answer I got from the most seasoned of seekers, was, in fact, dowsing. I am interested to know more!!! I know Don Jose' is a fan. He explained it to me last year, both scientifically and non-scientifically. :) The magnetic part really stood out, as well as good old fashioned intuition. 😮Each made sense to me. Generation radar still intrigues me, too. Maybe after I stumble upon something Blackbeard accidentally left behind??? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread