Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree736Likes

Thread: Lue Map

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    um
    Dec 2008
    2760 times

Re: Lue Map

siegfried schlagrule:

Once more - your post was first-rate. I wasn't trying to nit pick - you strike me as a man who likes to have his facts straight. Ed was much more of a "treasure writer" (in terms of writing down stories of specific treasures) than KvonM, whose stock-in-trade was the how-to-do-it material and stories that were examples to follow.

KvonM told me the Nelots tale at a treasure show in Tulsa. I was trying to take notes and he wanted me to just listen - which I ended up doing!

I do suspect that many of those who claim to have met KvonM and who offer a negative opinion of him today did not, in fact, speak with him. At that Tulsa show I saw him freely give his time to all - even those whom he thought were four-flushers or otherwise time-wasters...

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo
    lastleg and Honest Samuel like this.
    Make America Think Again

Do you have good books in good condition you are never going to re-read? Clean 'em out!
    Operation Paperback collects gently used books and sends them to American troops.

Charter Member

Mar 2003
    Indiana
    All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
    49 times

I'm a pretty easy dog to hunt with so no worries. My main reason for further comment was the peanut gallery who listen with half an ear then misquote folks and argue with them. Smart people do that too as a debate technique commonly called a strawman. Politicians are notorious for that.
    I have many of the books you seek. If you want to contact me at my firewall site maybe we can do some trading over the next month before I get busy again. merry christmas, siegfried schlagrule siegschlagrule@aol.com
    "We have done so much; for so many; for so long; with so little; that pretty soon we'll be able to do anything; with nothing at all."
    my unit motto - 138th Aviation Company -  224th Aviation Battalion - Phu Bai, I Corps, Republic of Vietnam - 1972
    Siegfried Schlagrule

Mar 2003
    Vancouver,British Columbia
    Whites GMT
    68 times

Has anyone out there ever tried to search near Pyrimid mountain in Colorado for the Lue Treasure? Has anyone out there ever actually hunted for it?

Daryl
    www.spindlequest.com/treasureleads.html

us
    Owner

Apr 2007
    Clearfield Pa. and Oak Ridge ,Nova Scotia
    GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar & a lot more
    960 times

Hi everyone, I agree with Dan, there is some truth to the Lue Treasure but what.
    1, Does anyone know who has the map now
    I would think the Feds would have it if the treasure is as big as everyone says.
    2, How did it get the name Lue and why
    There is a town in France named Lue .
    3, The location or state it is in.

O Ya, If the Germans or Knights Temp. know the code then why don't they locate it or did they.

Thank You
    Den
    Eldo likes this.

us
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits."~Albert Einstein

Jan 2007
    Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
    382 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

According to KVM the LUE is in the Four Corners area and has been found by more than one person, who took some out and left the rest in place. Sort of like a bank. He also indicated that the LUE site is on an Indian Reservation, which would make any search by outsiders very, very difficult if not impossible. I believe he also wrote that the LUE is not just a single cache, but is several caches spread over an area.

Even knowing the treasure is real and where it is, he did not "work it" , but concentrated on finding the big treasure in the Valley of Secrets. That's one reason he moved to Segundo, Colorado; where he was living when he crossed over.
    "Dobie created the HUNGER............Von Mueller said, EAT". comment by HELM Associates on the dedication page of their book, Treaasure Lead Generation.

Mar 2003
    Vancouver,British Columbia
    Whites GMT
    68 times

Does anyone there know just how Karl Von Mueller died?

Daryl

www.spindlequest.com/treasuremaps3.html

us
    Aug 2011

I'm new to this, and I find this a fascinating topic, and thanks for all the insight in so many new directions.

us
    Oct 2010
    eastern wa
    minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
    665 times
    I have never met karl.but his writing practically oozes with truth.I still read #7 over and over.
    he was an old schooler,and I wish there were more like him.
    lastleg likes this.

um
    Dec 2008
    2760 times
    Friends:

I was going through a bound collection of Karl von Mueller's National Prospector's Gazette newspapers (writing it up to put it on eBay) when I came across a fascinating article on the LUE.

For all practical purposes, everything known about the LUE treasure comes from "Karl" (Charles Dean Miller). If you see a copy of the famous map, it was copied from The Treasure Hunter's Manual #7.

The NPeeGee piece is the most detailed examination of the legend I've found to date. I remember a brief reference to the LUE in a Western Treasures magazine question and answer column written by Karl. And Fred Dorick's book Treasures Galore (published in Segundo, by the way) has a chapter on it. Karl sold that book himself - but later didn't think much of it.

"The word LUE is derived from the first letters of three words that appear on the map...The original map copied and reproduced in THM-7 was owned by a man in Phoenix. The map had been in his family for years and has been seen by dozens of people prior to 1960. Despite this, there are several others who claim to have the original map in their possession."

I found this fascinating: "A book published in the 1890s has an almost exact copy of the original map in it. The map is also in an unpublished manuscript in the library or archives in Santa Fe."

Experienced treasure hunters know there is a sign in "Deek Gladson's" Treasure of the Valley of Secrets that is quite similar to parts of the LUE map.

Karl wrote "One thing that has been completely ignored by almost everybody who has engaged in the successful or unsuccessful pursuit of the LUE is that several or possibly as many as 10 caches similar to the LUE have been uncovered in Mexico."

Remember - THM #7 describes the LUE as a "natural Fort Knox."

Finally, researchers might find it useful to know that "Certain documents of the Smithsonian Institution and at lease one bulletin of the Bureau of American Ethnology have glaring references to the LUE but under entirely different nomenclature...Here is where the experienced researchers who is fully informed and aware of his subject is able to capture facets that are ignored by or elude the inexperienced or unperceptive researcher. There are also publications of at least one, and possibly two, state historical societies that provide almost pipeline directions."

The article may be found in the October-November 1969 (Vol. 6, No.2) issue.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Aug 2013
    1394 times
    Some interesting comments here.

If any one is interested I might have a lead that might uncover the origins of the story.

Corp
    Eldo likes this.

pw
    Apr 2003
    New Mexico
    BS
    1343 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Corporate Investigations View Post
    Some interesting comments here.

If any one is interested I might have a lead that might uncover the origins of the story.

Corp
    Of course we're interested. Care to elaborate?
    Last edited by Springfield; Aug 24, 2013 at 12:25 PM. Reason: ?
    ​Adios, amigos - it's been interesting.

Aug 2013
    1394 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Springfield View Post
    Of course we're interested. Care to elaborate?
    Charles Dean Miller at one time had associated with a Californian treasure hunting club where some have claimed he first saw a copy of the "Lue map" Even back then there was speculation of its origin.

I congratulate Old bookaroo on some brilliant observations as that was origins of the Lue. Two key points he raised one that an unpublished document in the Santa Fe Archives and references in the Smithsonian institute. The Date of 1890 is interesting as it predates the alleged Nazi theories as the Nazi party did not exist in its last form, except for Thurle ultima society in Germany from memory. So I leave that line of thought to the conspiracy theorists.

One should ask why would such a institution as the Smithsonian institute mention such a document? Clearly this connection is some thing to be investigated deeper.

The Smithsonian at one time acquired the papers of George Davidson from the Californian academy of Sciences after his death. George Davison had an friendship with a man called James Lick.

James Lick was one of the most wealthiest men in California who was known by some as a grumpy old miser but could be at times a marvelous benefactor to society.

Despite his eccentricities, Lick is best remembered for his strong will and determination, his ambition and drive, his honesty and generosity. Yet there lingers about the edges of these harder qualities, a shade of resignation, even fatality. Once, while carrying an ox-yoke on his shoulders, he was overtaken by a friend with a horse and wagon who offered him a ride. Lick thanked the man but declined. His friend then asked if he wouldn't at least put the heavy yoke in the wagon. "So far in life", he replied, "I have born my yoke patiently, and I will not shirk my duty now".

One evening in his 77th year, alone in the kitchen of his Santa Clara homestead, Lick collapsed from a severe stroke. In the morning he was found, alive but helpless, by his foreman, Thomas Fraser, a man who, years before, had earned a job by unquestioningly following Lick's orders to stack and restack a pile of bricks in the rubble of a burnt house. Lick lived another three years, but never completely regained his health.

His estates now included, in addition to many properties in San Francisco and the Santa Clara Valley, holdings on the shores of Lake Tahoe, a huge ranch in Los Angeles County, and all of Santa Catalina Island off the southern California shore. He was among the richest men in a state noted for its riches.

Lick's infirmity forced him to move to a room in his San Francisco hotel, where he could be more easily cared for. It was there that he turned his attention to the disposition of his fortune, formulating a variety of bequests ranging from public baths to a home for aging widows, from a generous donation to an orphanage to one for the prevention of cruelty to animals, from the foundation of a vocational school to monuments honoring his parents and grandfather.

Never far from his mind, however, was the monument he wished to leave to his own memory. At first, Lick wanted to set aside a million dollars to erect enormous statues of himself and his parents, so tall as to be visible far out to sea. This plan was abandoned when a friend pointed out that the monumental statues would make vulnerable targets in the event of a naval bombardment. The scheme was replaced by an even grander one: a pyramid, larger than the Great Pyramid in Egypt, to be built in downtown San Francisco upon a block which he entirely owned! But, to the lasting benefit of science - if not to the San Francisco tourist trade - Lick's thoughts were turned from pyramids to telescopes by the efforts of George Davidson of California Academy of sciences.

The "Lue" was I believe part of series of drawn ideas of monuments by James Lick during the years before he died. His drawing was later taken out of context by others as a possible treasure map few years after Licks death with the originator and context of the drawing forgotten.

The lost James Licks drawing via the scattered papers of George Davidson became this alleged mystery "Lue" map to a fortune in treasure.

Corp
    embrym likes this.

um
    Dec 2008
    2760 times
    CI:

Thank you for a very interesting post! Perhaps James Lick was the "Big 1/2." Although today I guess that would be "0.50."

I certainly appreciate your kind words, and I will take them in the spirit in which they were offered. However, I can't sail under false colors. I was quoting an article written by the Old Man - KvonM. Any wisdom found in that post is his.

Any errors? Probably mine.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

um
    Dec 2008
    2760 times
    I believe I've posted this before - however, I think it is worth repeating.

This is a page from Treasure of the Valley of Secrets (Segundo, Colorado: 1971). It's a rare item (I'm asking about $250 for the one copy I'm willing to part this at this time).

Anyway - because it is so scarce I'd like to share this sign. I think it has a remarkable similarity to the LUE Map.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ToVS LUE.jpg 
Views:	2954 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	851499

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

pw
    Apr 2003
    New Mexico
    BS
    1343 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Bookaroo View Post
    ... This is a page from Treasure of the Valley of Secrets (Segundo, Colorado: 1971). It's a rare item (I'm asking about $250 for the one copy I'm willing to part this at this time). ...
    Pricey, but this publication, like the 'Black Book' and others, is, IMO, a message - 'a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma', as Churchill once said. KvM is an enigma himself - some say he was an insider, some say he was a fraud. Certain other TH writers were also suspected of providing coded inside information in their writings, eg Dobie, Fish. IMO, treasure researchers are well-served reading what KvM had to say, and TVS is one of my prized possessions.

I think you are right on target linking TVS with the LUE and the LUE map. Lots of folks have opinions about the LUE, but exactly what it is, where it is, who put it there and why it's still there (at least as presented by KvM) is still blowing in the wind. I have no strong opinion on the matter, but I think it's interesting that KvM's residence was near the Purgatoire headwaters.
    ​Adios, amigos - it's been interesting.

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links