The Narrows, and the Malpais near Grants, NM

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Uncle Matt:

Looks like the fun is on me. I don't know what happened, but when I thought I copied and pasted your numbers in my computer correctly,all kinds of things came up. Sheesh. This time, I got it right and it was the same place with the N,W, and no – sign.

I am more familiar with the degree, minute, and second numbering system than I am with the decimal number system.

Just to make sure, if you will, check these coordinates to see what you see when you zoom down close to the ground: 34 50 10.58 N, 108 2 44.63 W

Thanks,

Les.

Last edited:

ManMule

Apr 25, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever one talks about Gus Rainey his treasure. I knew Gus and his family. I can tell tails on him. His family is gone or really old.
I myself am to old to go putting around. I own a place in the El Malpais, west of Gus’s but next to his daughters.
There is a gold mine north of me . Bruce Clark and a unknown partner found a old digs, Bruce owned Kerr McGee gas in Milan
There are Blister holes in the lava, find the right one find the treasure. Only to have Uncle Sam take it.
If you can afford helicopters and drones they can be usefull.
Reply to this if you want more

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Knowing how messed up stories of real treasures can be exaggerated, added to, embellished, etc, my bet is the silver bars in the story of silver bars being buried by a Spanish mule train that was attacked by Acoma Indians in the 1770's, is in fact, in the southern most part of the large narrows, under HWY 117 that runs through and right next to the sand stone cliffs.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever one talks about Gus Rainey his treasure. I knew Gus and his family. I can tell tails on him. His family is gone or really old.
I myself am to old to go putting around. I own a place in the El Malpais, west of Gus’s but next to his daughters.
There is a gold mine north of me . Bruce Clark and a unknown partner found a old digs, Bruce owned Kerr McGee gas in Milan
There are Blister holes in the lava, find the right one find the treasure. Only to have Uncle Sam take it.

Who owns Gus Raney's old property now? I saw a post someone posted of the coordinates and those coordinates was an old house by the road. I looked further back in the property following the road from the house going back and came across this house. 34.723668, -108.010760 It seems like if he had family living on the property, his house would be in the very back. (near the lava bed), so someone living up by the road can notify him of anyone driving onto the property and him keeping an eye out in the lava fields.

OP
OP
UncleMatt

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would love to hear more! Please proceed!

OP
OP
UncleMatt

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who owns Gus Raney's old property now? I saw a post someone posted of the coordinates and those coordinates was an old house by the road. I looked further back in the property following the road from the house going back and came across this house. 34.723668, -108.010760 It seems like if he had family living on the property, his house would be in the very back. (near the lava bed), so someone living up by the road can notify him of anyone driving onto the property and him keeping an eye out in the lava fields.

What is left of Gus's old house is located at 34.710881°, -108.001586°

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The small circle on the bottom is his old house. The road from his entrance goes by his old house and leads to the property way in the back where the big circle is.

Malipia.PNG

OP
OP
UncleMatt

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Donald Raney owns that whole section, which includes both structures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread