Track rock to possible Cherokee gold mine or maybe something else

Jun 27, 2014
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have recently came across with some what i assume is Cherokee Indian carvings, i am not going to tell the exact location but it is in north Georgia. The boulder sits a quarter ways up a small hill, and is next to a small creek. In this location it is really untouched basically in the middle of the woods. On the rock There is an A with Four lines sticking up out of it in a headdress fashion. to the right of the A there is something that appears to be a pick-ax or turkey track. Directly below is a Bow and arrow. The land owner had told me he had tried to decipher what the Carvings on the rock meant, he told me that it was A was the name of the tribe, and the pick represents a mine, and the bow and arrow represents distance. so basically tribe gold mine one bow lengths away. though i have looked for the gold mine twice, and never had any luck finding it, leads me to believe that there might be a different meaning. So What does Treasurenet have to think about it?
indian.png
Lined the carvings
indian outline.png

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't I see or hear somewhere that TURKEY TRACKS MARKS ARE A KGC MARK ? You might want to get in contact with rebel-KGC on the forum He is the expert on their marks

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Rocky Face Mountain in North Georgia has a HUGE Cherokee Mine, taken over from the Spanish Miners in earlier years; think it is called WaterHouse Treasure site or something like that. YOUR "carving" has a Pick-Ax of Spanish Miners, Bow & Arrow of Cherokee Nation (go in direction that arrow is "pointing"). The "A" could be a "Claims Marker", with 5 clans involved; to MY "knowledge", only the Cherokee Nation was in the area. Good Luck; HH! AND! You MAY wanna "google" CHEROKEE ALPHABET...

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
i have recently came across with some what i assume is Cherokee Indian carvings, i am not going to tell the exact location but it is in north Georgia. The boulder sits a quarter ways up a small hill, and is next to a small creek. In this location it is really untouched basically in the middle of the woods. On the rock There is an A with Four lines sticking up out of it in a headdress fashion. to the right of the A there is something that appears to be a pick-ax or turkey track. Directly below is a Bow and arrow. The land owner had told me he had tried to decipher what the Carvings on the rock meant, he told me that it was A was the name of the tribe, and the pick represents a mine, and the bow and arrow represents distance. so basically tribe gold mine one bow lengths away. though i have looked for the gold mine twice, and never had any luck finding it, leads me to believe that there might be a different meaning. So What does Treasurenet have to think about it?
View attachment 1015961
Lined the carvings
View attachment 1015962

I would love to have a closer look at those carvings, if possible? I do not wish to know where it is, just would like to see the carvings in more detail, thank you in advance. Great find amigo, looks like you are onto something! :thumbsup:

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
View attachment 1015961
Lined the carvings
View attachment 1015962

I see some other codes on there and not just the main ones

NicJohn

Feb 7, 2013
howdy. thats very cool! could the "A" be a tall mountain top with the sun comin up from behind it?
Note: i'm no expert - just an idea. Lol
Keep us all updated!
HH

BallGroundSon

Sep 28, 2014
I have seen all of these designs before. The bow and arrow does represent a kind of distance, it shows direction.
I sent you a pm, private message , on what the rest says. Pm me back.

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amigo's:coffee2:,It's not all that difficult to figure out, some Indian is just bragging about shooting a squirrel with the bow while having the sun in his eye.:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:NP:cat:

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amigo,:coffee2:Yes,BA HA HA HA, Did I forget to mention the other symbols,O'well its a picture, every one should be able to see them, why don't you help them out with what they mean,:dontknow::laughing7:NP:cat:

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have several symbols to look at. The sun on top of the A. I don't believe that is a pick. If you look close it is a right angle. At the bottom is a snake. Unless they make bows different now the arrow is going in the wrong direction. There is a pointer rock to the right of your boulder. There are several interpretations you can make for these symbols, but without knowing the topography it's not so easy. Oh, the bottom part of your pick is not a part of a pick. Check your symbols books.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread