Question about traps?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah, they did make traps but ?? Probably the ground structure is just as dangerous, if not more so than any traps === keep your eyes open. You will find such key rocks in every formation , fault, or tunnel. Just study the formation very carefully. I believe that Mother Nature has made many times more traps than any Spaniard or Jesuit.

Be safe and have lucrative fun my freind.

Don Jose da La Manacha

Last edited:

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Except the traps Señor Don Jose mentioned, time would have resolved most other traps……
The best safety would be hiding it well and given the many still not found tales of treasure.
Buen suerte

bungyboy

Aug 22, 2014
Southeast of Disorder
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not discount deadfall traps seeing that wood doesn't rot in the regions other than inland wooded or wetlands. A timber deadfall in arid regions would still be set to trigger indefintely. Pull or kick the wrong rock and someone will find your skeleton with an antique rifle a couple of hundred years from now.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Entering an old mine or cave, I would expect extreme caution to be the rule and probing the ground ahead of you common sense…….you do not know what is in there and even without traps, there is danger and need to exercise prudence…….

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Makro Deephunter Pro 3D, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not discount deadfall traps seeing that wood doesn't rot in the regions other than inland wooded or wetlands. A timber deadfall in arid regions would still be set to trigger indefintely. Pull or kick the wrong rock and someone will find your skeleton with an antique rifle a couple of hundred years from now.
Hello All,

Serious deadfalls can ruin a good day forever. Simple movement can start a chain reaction similar to dominoes stacked next to one another. The spreading of arsenic in a cave or tunnel with signs indicating traps should be looked at carefully before entering and going with someone else. If you suspect something to be amiss wait and discuss it with your hunting partner. I have often thought about using a remote controlled (RC) truck with camera and led lights to explore caves prior to going in. Better for them to be crushed than you. Movement of dust as I mentioned previously if arsenic is spread may not ruin your day then, but the effects later can handicap or kill you. I like a good industrial face mask that takes out fine particulate in the air and yes, certain kinds of stale air can kill you.

Be safe, be aware. Yes the Spanish, Jesuits were a nasty bunch because they did not want just anyone to remove the fruits of their labors. Think about it? Would you?

Regards

LUE-Hawn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread