Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello doc-d thanks for the get well and I like the idea of taking some of those nurses home.

For the last couple of month being on the drumbeat of 4 hours on four hours off mode. I have rewire the brain back to normal sleep patterns. Even now a months or so I still wake in my shift cycle. It hard to rewire the brain from sleep to instant working on deck or the sails being timed. No fun 3 am in the morning in howling in pitch black with heaving rolling deck awash with waves up the mizzen in the top gallant with a thin safety line the only thing keep you there from oblivion. The greatest fear is falling overboard and at night. We had only one person that was washed overboard during the Voyage and that was Kanacki himself and thankfully his line was attached we haul him in and that was in daylight. Poor Kanacki he looked like drowned rat.

Don Jose

I think you have already found the greatest treasure of all my friend? That senorita that you dated and eventually married, that has stood by your side all these years and supported your quest unquestionably is by the far the greatest treasure of all. You truly are are a lucky man, that and a long interesting life. And yet her you sit poised in last footsteps conquering your own personal MT Everest of Tayopa as you sit on the Hilary steps with perilous cliffs of both sides contemplating your next move? Ever fearful that the wrong step can be fatal?

Well no step will be fatal also and time my friend is everyones enemy?

Such is your fate my friend almost there... the time is running out with your Tayopa to make decision.. as you can't have your cake and eat it?

You have to decide which to let go of the Historical Tayopa or Tayopa the mine. But perhaps after all these years Tayopa has become an old friend and letting go is very hard?

As for Mexican Patrimony I do not believe there will be a problem. There are many historic mine sites your region being reworked by companies successfully right now creating Jobs and contributing to the local economy and paying taxes. Regardless of what evidence is still in existence you have the mining rights????

No government or Church will step in when there is a chance to get taxation from a working gold mine funded by private enterprise. Your sitting on a mountain of gold. Make a deal with a large mining company with no grand father clauses and your families and next few generations will reap a golden windfall..

Do ya want The Historic Tayopa a book and film with very little money and very little recognition as discoverer of Tayopa?

Or Discoverer of Tayopa Mountain of Gold and a huge mining project where you skim off a royalties percentage and and income for future generations of your descendants?

You know the story of dead horse mine in New Guinea. If there was book written hardy anyone would of bothered reading it. The real discovers never proffered one bit, It was only the ones that came after and took the discovery to the next level that mine by its modern name has produced over 9 million ounces of gold. producing a conservative estimate gross of 119 billion since 1997.

Our shares amounted to which microscopic in comparison gave us enough money for a very comfortable life. In fact hundreds of Mons and Pop investors became multimillionaires.

And who knows the size of the mother lode your sitting on?

History does not pay bills my friend , Mine royalties do?

Since ya started this Baja treasure legend month, I do have another legend and will post on another topic.

Crow

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning Crow mi amigo Cafe co ?? Crow you have brought up what many have been thinking for a long time.

A) My Bert, yes she has been a treasure, but she has also been the biggest obstacle on Tayopa. She hates and fears it, she has fought it tooth and toenail ever since the initial search started to show positive results. the reasons will be by PM. She would emasculate me if it were ever posted on the internet for the world to see'

B) Fame ? After the Initial discovery surge, it has just been a basically confirmation process, an after shock so to speak.. I moved on. Another puzzle solved. I believe that ORO asked me essentially the same question once and I posted an answer, he may remember where..

C) I agree,properly handled, the patrimony thingie could be easily handled. That was simply to hide the basic fact that to just hold unto it required most of my capital. Not enough to handle opening or recovery, It is not a simple matter of removing some rocks covering the portal.although that could mean self financing, but coupled with my wife's' opinion of Tayopa ?

D) Like most, I originally thought that the world would beat a path to my door. No way. The major problem has been the co's head geologists, They couldn"t imagine how in a supposedly barren area, any thing economical could exist , let alone in Bonanza quantities, and dismissed me out of hand as some crank, not worth spending the co's money on.. I also have several letters saying, than you for considering our Co., but our plate is full.

D) I have partners that want to open one of the main deposits, we are working on that, some pictures have been posted on results. but because I cannot be there physically, they try to seond guess me and have spent their money foolishly. The project is closed for the summer monsoons, it is too dangerous to work in the rain. Incidentally it far surpasses Zimmerman's
lost ship, it was to finance the take over of North America with accompanying documents. These I want.

E) So there she sits, , I have moved on in my primary work.Yes Crow there are many with the same questions, but I have dodged them with the excuse of Mexico dragging her feet, when it is really embarrassment in having Tayopa and no money to do anything with it.:censored: !!

Don Jose de La Mancha

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Don Jose

I was just the sorry ass Bosun with not enough spit left to blow my pipe. The extra Booze in Coffee will do fine and perhaps wet my whistle a little.

The whole voyage we had a father and son Conflict.. Nothing serious but both of them would take me in into their confidence regardless I wanted to hear it or not. I am a drunk, a bum with zero parenting experience so why ask me? Kanacki for years has been master of his vessel and on this cruise his son was designated captain. Some times although meaning well he had realize not to interfere with his sons decisions. It was a long learning curve form them both and Voyage changed them for ever. I think for the better. But that is what long voyages do? A sons chance to shine out of his fathers shadow and for Kanacki to let go.... His son is a brilliant Skipper and in the prime of his life.

Kanacki although he has kept his age very well had to realize he is not as young as he thinks he is. We were about 200 kilometers Nor west of Rotuma Fiji heading North west trying to get favorable winds to head North. This part of journey when had to do a series of tacks. We were hitting fickle winds., but were running a high swell. The waves every now and again was splashing over the Poop deck.

For those land lubbers who do not know what a poop deck is.... I suggest you watch this...If only my teachers was this fun and well er... I might of learned something?

For tacks it always better to turn the vessel at speed and let the momentum and wind change tack. Tacking on sailing vessels this size generally require all hands as once the ship heave ho all rigging and sails have to be readjusted to suit the different wind direction to gain maximum speed. However we had for last few hours been mysterious losing speed with good wind speed. I had never experienced the following before. Kanacki discovered that we had snagged and old abandoned long line floating out in the ocean on the rudder which make turning the vessel very hard. It was from this discovery as he was lowered off the Pop deck in a dinghy to look at the snag on the rudder when he was washed overboard. Lucky he had his safety line on and it happened all so quickly he was washed away from the Drumbeat. If we had to cut him lose we would of lost him. So for about 20 minutes he dragged from the stern of the drumbeat before we got him in. So we had to contend with two very dangerous Jobs at the same time.

His Son we lowered down in diving gear on a line and swam under the rudder and propeller propeller and cut the the fish net. It was one of the only parts of the voyage that could of ended in a catastrophic chain of events. To make matters worse we had no control over the vessel with a jammed rudder and propeller shaft and we were very near a coral reef. Urgentcy dictated survial of the ship. We came close to the reef was about 200 hundred meters. But luckily for us the winds and currents was blowing us past the reef. Bad for Kanacki as been so close to reef all the reef sharks began to take interest. We inched him back in with each rock of the swell when the vessel pitched we brought line in and when she rose we tightened. Eventually getting him back to the dingy hanging off the stern of the poop deck.

It is indeed my friends it is a lesson how a series of events can lead to a major disaster. You might be surprised how dangerous long line fishing line are as well as semi submerged shipping containers. I hit shipping container in bass strait 2am in the Morning. But this is another story and another trip.

Crow

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Don Amigo Now do I get my booze or what?

Or didn't ya get past the Film link?:laughing7:

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah Don Amigo purveyor of fine mules and good Sock coffee.... I be you got grin out of that. I think we would of been in a lot of trouble if we went to school together?

Crow :laughing7:

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Up hem! ....Gentlemen

If ya find what ya seek you might get all the pampering ya need.

Crow

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about Cabo, but in Tijuana, there's a nice little place called Adelita's. The beer is cold and the women are willing (for a price)!

Mike

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I read some where Mike was ex navy and what they say about sailors they have a women in every port? Just holding up a time honored tradition.:laughing7:

crow

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow,

I was in the US Navy and the US Army. All the eighties for me was military. While everybody else was getting high, growing their hair, and head banging, for me, it was shooting, short haircuts, and banging ...... well, you know.

Mike

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Gollum

Both services teach many life skills , but the best skill of all is self discipline.. A good building block for life.

Crow

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Gollum

Both services teach many life skills , but the best skill of all is self discipline.. A good building block for life.

Crow

Not to get off topic, but I have always believed that there would be a lot less teenage a$$holes on the streets if we had mandatory enlistment for two years after high school (IMO). Teach them some responsibility, job skills, etc.

Mike

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Mike I could not agree more.

Yes I agree I could also drift off on that subject. One of my companies trained and employed young people a chance to get started in life. Over 50% would fail because lacked self discipline. Many came from underprivileged backgrounds just as I had come from. Yet there was no hunger to succeed. Others came from a background where everything was handed to them on a plate and expected to turn up do nothing and get paid. And there was few others that did have desire to learn and go some where. A few of them have gone on to run their own companies. I am still looked upon as the old scruffy beach bum tropical tramp that gave them ago when no body else would. Enough said.

The Cape San Lucas story for me is just a speculator. If I was Heading down that way. Sure why not. But not a treasure story to devote too much time with. For me I prefer these hardly known stories than the more famous ones. If you have the chance to vist and contacts down there treat it as a holiday. Kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak.

Crow

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
If one of your companies was Verizon Wireless I understand what problems that posed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread