Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
And even with discovered sites, more hidden and unknown chambers seem to be frequently in the news being discovered……
There are many discoveries awaiting……..but I would agree that the better known, more so those of 2,000 years are likely not the best areas to spend time, effort and money without some compelling reason.

I may add each of there treasure legends are mind candy regardless of if they are already found or not. Because each one you can learn things from them and develop and sharpen research skills.

He who has knowledge has power.

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is some pictures of inside the tomb.

InsideAbsalom'sPillar 1.jpg

InsideAbsalom'sPillar 2.jpg

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
For those interested in the oldest know to date treasure direction in history. I send it in parts due to size.

_copperscroll 1.jpg

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
This might be of help getting your head around ancient Hebrew. A word of note ancient Hebrew is very different to modern Hebrew in some respects and some symbols had different meaning and context in ancient times. This making interpretation open to misinterpretation.

AHAC_JEM_9_1500_jpg.jpg

Crow

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Doc

My little pirate is running amock so I will quickly comment. I do indeed have pictures of inside the tomb and the tomb behind and below. But that was from another time. Hardluck is really the one to ask about that.

Crow

Hola Crow just like his dad!

I recall that trip of yours with Hardluck many years ago now Israel Jordan Egypt?

That was during a brief period when things calmed down a bit. Indeed you had girl friend was an Archeologist from Hungary?

Kanacki

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Kanacki

I am embarrassed as I have forgotten her name. Ah! the memory cell carrying her name just come to me. Gabriella. she worked for a time famous Israeli archeologist who died a few years back. He was searching for King Herods Tomb? Er I am wait for the memory cell to arrive with his name.:laughing7:

Crow

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Crow, very good memory cell…….how many women and experiences have been forgotten in long lost memory cells…..perhaps it is best as we live in the present and God willing, have learned from the past……..
How our world has changed in the past 50 years……..and yet, opportunity still exists for those willing to break free of the shackles of conventional thinking and norms imposed to keep us chained…..

Senor Kanacki, any other stories you care to share? And why are we missing Señor Hardluck on TN?
Vaya con Dios…..

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Crow, very good memory cell…….how many women and experiences have been forgotten in long lost memory cells…..perhaps it is best as we live in the present and God willing, have learned from the past……..
How our world has changed in the past 50 years……..and yet, opportunity still exists for those willing to break free of the shackles of conventional thinking and norms imposed to keep us chained…..

Senor Kanacki, any other stories you care to share? And why are we missing Señor Hardluck on TN?
Vaya con Dios…..

Hola Doc-D

Indeed I have many yarns. But having the trials of 8 kids and 8 grand kids and more on the way , plus extended family, Plus my own business commitments and those connected to rest of Trio. Times my friend is a poor friend. Such is the fate of the "old man of the family"

As for my dear friend hardluck? He once posted prolifically on another Forum. Well he is very busy there days working hard away on a project that has taken more than lifetime for some. Perhaps one day the story will break in public? However My friend I leave that decision to hardluck himself.

Kanacki

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The Lost Treasure of the Copper Scroll - The Epoch Times

View attachment 1024971

Part of the Qumran Copper Scroll. (Wikimedia Commons)

By April Holloway, Archaeology News on Human Origins, Ancient Places and Mysterious Phenomena | Ancient Origins | June 22, 2014
Last Updated: June 23, 2014 10:37 am

The Copper Scroll is part of the extraordinary cache of 1st Century documents first discovered in caves at Qumran, popularly known as the Dead Sea Scrolls. The Copper Scroll, however, is very different from the other documents in the Qumran library. In fact, it is so anomalous among the Dead Sea Scrolls – its author, script, style, language, genre, content, and medium all differ to the other scrolls – that scholars believe it must have been placed in the cave at a different time to the rest of the ancient documents. As Professor Richard Freund stated, the copper scroll is “probably the most unique, the most important, and the least understood.”

While most of the Dead Sea Scrolls were found by Bedouins, the Copper Scroll, which is now on display at the Jordan Museum in Amman, was discovered by an archaeologist. It was found on March 14, 1952 at the back of Cave 3 at Qumran. It was the last of 15 scrolls discovered in the cave, and is thus referred to as 3Q15. While the other scrolls were written on parchment or papyrus, this scroll was written on metal: copper mixed with about 1 percent tin.

The corroded metal could not be unrolled by conventional means, so in 1955, the scroll was cut into 23 strips and then pieced back together. Its’ language appeared different from the others – the Hebrew was closer to the language of the Mishnah than to the literary Hebrew of the remaining Dead Sea Scrolls. John Marco Allegro, who had supervised the opening of the scroll, transcribed its contents immediately. It then became clear that there was something very unique about its content. Unlike the other scrolls, which were literary works, the copper scroll contained a list.

It was no ordinary list, rather it contained directions to 64 locations where staggering quantities of treasure could be found. Sixty-three of the locations refer to treasures of gold and silver, which have been estimated in the tonnes. Tithing vessels are also listed among the entries, along with other vessels, and three locations featured scrolls. One entry apparently mentions priestly vestments. In total, over 4,600 talents of precious metal are listed on the scroll, making the total haul worth in excess of a billion dollars.

“Forty two talents lie under the stairs in the salt pit … Sixty five bars of gold lie on the third terrace in the cave of the old Washers House … Seventy talents of silver are enclosed in wooden vessels that are in the cistern of a burial chamber in Matia’s courtyard. Fifteen cubits from the front of the eastern gates, lies a cistern. The ten talents lie in the canal of the cistern … Six silver bars are located at the sharp edge of the rock which is under the eastern wall in the cistern. The cistern’s entrance is under the large paving stone threshold. Dig down four cubits in the northern corner of the pool that is east of Kohlit. There will be twenty two talents of silver coins.” (DSS 3Q15, col. II, translation by Hack and Carey.)

The treasure of the scroll has been assumed to be treasure of the Jewish Temple. Some scholars have claimed it belonged to the First Temple, destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, in 586 BC. However, the scroll has been dated to between 25 AD and 100 AD which suggests that this hypothesis is unlikely.

Other experts have suggested that the treasure could be that of the Second Temple. However, historical records suggest that the main treasure of the Temple was still in the building when it fell to the Romans. It does not rule out this possibility though – a significant portion of the treasures may have been taken away and hidden before the Romans arrived.

There are many though who are not so concerned about where it came from, but much more interested in where it is now. The copper scroll has led to one of the biggest treasure hunts in history, with numerous expeditions setting out to find the valuable hoard.

However, finding the treasure is no easy feat. The locations are written as if the reader would have an intimate knowledge of the obscure references. For example, consider column two, verses 1-3, “In the salt pit that is under the steps: forty-one talents of silver. In the cave of the old washer’s chamber, on the third terrace: sixty-five ingots of gold.” Without a starting point, such directions are meaningless. Furthermore, the treasure may already have been looted by the Romans two thousand years ago and may now be long gone. But this hasn’t stopped the enthusiasts.

One of the most extensive treasure hunts took place in 1962, led by John Allegro. By following some of the places listed in the scroll, the team excavated many potential burial places for the treasure. However, they eventually returned empty handed, and despite being available for several decades, the copper scroll has not yielded a single material find. Nevertheless, to anyone who has a little bit of the Indiana Jones spirit inside them, it remains a fascinating and tantalising artefact, and will no doubt continue to tempt the imaginations of scholars and the public alike for centuries to come.

What interests me is that they pulled all these locations off the copper scroll. But yet they refuse to unravel it because of fear the scroll would desinegrate.
But i do beleive the story as the locations have been found. But the treasures havnt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions