OP
D

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Mackaydon, funny you mention the Farallon Dillon……..we have a beach house in Ballenita and I have gone there for breakfast and dinner more than a few times and when my brother visited, we stayed there (he wants a more comfortable place to stay than our humble beach home offers)…….

It is a nice place and clearly he has led an interesting, and profitable life in salvage……..next time we go, I shall stop in and say hi…….this will be in a week or so, God willing…..

Tanneyhill

Mar 5, 2023
Hello Doc-d the whole idea for forums is share mutual interests such as topic such as these.

I have been very fortunate at this stage in life. I have no real need to work anymore. The only work I do these days is research treasure. Even now as I type I have found out some amazing information of Hardluck. We had been ratting through ww2 intelligence reports. Found out that 2 Dutch submarines carried Dutch gold from Dutch East Indies to the Sunda strait carrying gold, was loaded onto an Australian warship as war payments to the United States was sunk by a German raider.

Crow
Old thread, anything come of this Australian ship sunk carrying Dutch gold? Apparently this post below discusses a similar story - it might be the same story. Apparently a Dutch submarine had transported gold reserves from Hong Kong and Singapore onto the HMAS Sydney which was sunk by the German cruiser Kormoran. As the story goes the gold may have been recovered by the Australian government in a clandestine operation.

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Tannyhill

I cannot de nigh nor confirm if anything went further. The warship is covered by international agreements on navy war graves. And any salvage will be a violation of international treaties Australia has signed.

Crow

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread