Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks as usual Crow,that is very detailed. So if the sailors story is fabricated,what has to be verified is whether Ververde ever existed and gave his word to the spanish throne.If that is true then there is still a lead to go on irrespective of the fabricated merchants story or whether Ruminawi diverted a ransom gold or not as Valvarde may be referring to another gold store cave not related at all to the diverted ransom gold (in fact the Dottereo doc mentions about the ransom gold as being thrown into a lake).Hence the Lllangnates gold legend hinges whether Valvarde existed or not.

tintin treasure

Exactly and I might just have the document....

Crow

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly and I might just have the document....

Crow

thanks Crow. We are all ears :)

p.s. I found the following very funny.In relatinon to the much talked upcoming treasure hunt related book Endgame:the calling(with half a million treasure reward tied to the book with advanced high tech gaming associated with it etc) a kid tweeted the following
"My teachers need to understand that i will not be doing every mindless bit of homework. I have bigger things to worry about," reads one tweet from "Marcus Loxias Megalos."

:laughing7:

tintin treasure

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
tt The following document I have only part of and a poor copy at that. trouble reading it these days as my eyes are bad these days too long squinting at old documents. I have trouble seeing the letters which hard in itself normally when reading .Its is in archaic Spanish. This document may shed some light.....on the mystery.

DSCN0615.jpg

Crow

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tt The following document I have only part of and a poor copy at that. trouble reading it these days as my eyes are bad these days too long squinting at old documents. I have trouble seeing the letters which hard in itself normally when reading .Its is in archaic Spanish. This document may shed some light.....on the mystery.

View attachment 1056306

Crow

thanks Crow.I will save it. What is the source of the document?

tintin treasure

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
TT Padre Agustin, Moreno Proano was source allegedly via the archives of Seville. I agree with Mark Honigbaum that he was the mysterious informant to Andrade. He claims Moreno found the orginal Deterreo in Serville by chance while doing historical research.

Crow

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TT Padre Agustin, Moreno Proano was source allegedly via the archives of Seville. I agree with Mark Honigbaum that he was the mysterious informant to Andrade. He claims Moreno found the orginal Deterreo in Serville by chance while doing historical research.

Crow

thanks a lot Crow!

tintin treasure

OP
OP
D

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Cuevo……….you are fooling nobody with that poor eyesight stuff……..the vision and intelligence of you black birds is well known and admired both near and far………..what other documents you have hidden up your wings…….

Vaya con Dios mis amigos…...

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Cuevo……….you are fooling nobody with that poor eyesight stuff……..the vision and intelligence of you black birds is well known and admired both near and far………..what other documents you have hidden up your wings…….

Vaya con Dios mis amigos…...

Maybe rather than asking further documents we better work for Crow. He would make armchair analysis of the clues ,data,legends and infos and we will be trekking in the forests reporting to him :)

tintin treasure

OP
OP
D

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no doubt our resident black bird has his own private collection, library of documents that rival any other out there……..and he has spent many hours in his roost studying them……….he carefully plants stories to guide and inspire us, providing more info as we figure out things……..

No doubt many here provide insight also………I am amazed and enjoy the friendly discussions and reasoning of these stories/legends…….

As for me, they provide entertainment mostly……..to the extent I seek any treasures, it will be on my own…but certainly the thinking, reasoning, tactics written here will help to guide me……

Mucho gracias Senor Cuervo, Senor Don Jose, Oro, Marius, Coazon, y mis otro amigos ….

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Doc-d the whole idea for forums is share mutual interests such as topic such as these.

I have been very fortunate at this stage in life. I have no real need to work anymore. The only work I do these days is research treasure. Even now as I type I have found out some amazing information of Hardluck. We had been ratting through ww2 intelligence reports. Found out that 2 Dutch submarines carried Dutch gold from Dutch East Indies to the Sunda strait carrying gold, was loaded onto an Australian warship as war payments to the United States was sunk by a German raider.

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Mackaydon

Please forgive My fragmentary memory... But wasn't it some thing to do with British Mines in Brazil and Britain was shipping Platinum to United States as war munition payments? Other ships brought bauxite for Aluminum manufacturing for Aircraft and manageresses for munitions manufacturing as payment. The strategic materials at the time united States was short on?

Crow

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Crow,

The shipments I was thinking about originated in South Africa (source of 90% of the world's production), though other shipments of platinum were coming to the US from Russia during WWII.

(Treasure hunters 'find $3 billion in platinum on sunken WW2 British ship' - Telegraph)

On T-Net, we had a small discussion about platinum several years ago--mentioning the ship, City of Bath. After some research, I was in contact with a sailor from Capetown, SA, who sailed during that time on its sister ship. Bottom Line: I concluded that the wrecks containing platinum were in waters much too deep for me to work with my boat, the' R/V Explorer'. Subsequently, others (like the treasure hunter I referenced above), apparently, had the right equipment to seek out at least one of these prime targets. The others still lie there--deep, and awaiting the next generation of TH-ers.
Don...

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow,

The shipments I was thinking about originated in South Africa (source of 90% of the world's production), though other shipments of platinum were coming to the US from Russia during WWII.

(Treasure hunters 'find $3 billion in platinum on sunken WW2 British ship' - Telegraph)

On T-Net, we had a small discussion about platinum several years ago--mentioning the ship, City of Bath. After some research, I was in contact with a sailor from Capetown, SA, who sailed during that time on its sister ship. Bottom Line: I concluded that the wrecks containing platinum were in waters much too deep for me to work with my boat, the' R/V Explorer'. Subsequently, others (like the treasure hunter I referenced above), apparently, had the right equipment to seek out at least one of these prime targets. The others still lie there--deep, and awaiting the next generation of TH-ers.
Don...

thanks Crow and Mackaydon
Do you think it is worth learning scuba diving as part of the 'toolkit' of a treasure hunter?

tintin treasure

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
tintin treasure,
I sure do. I was first 'certified' in 1960 by two ex-Korean War UDT Navy divers.
It's equally beneficial to do continuing education in Scuba and pick up your Master Diver or Dive Master designations. Perhaps other certificates are available today. Then, when the opportunity may arise for being on a team, you'll be ready-- with credentials. Meanwhile, you're sure to enjoy and use the initial education and the continuing education.
Don..

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tintin treasure,
I sure do. I was first 'certified' in 1960 by two ex-Korean War UDT Navy divers.
It's equally beneficial to do continuing education in Scuba and pick up your Master Diver or Dive Master designations. Perhaps other certificates are available today. Then, when the opportunity may arise for being on a team, you'll be ready-- with credentials. Meanwhile, you're sure to enjoy and use the initial education and the continuing education.
Don..

thanks Mackaydon,,it seems interesting.

tintin treasure

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tintin treasure,
One caution; it can become addictive; like TH-ing on land.
Don.........

thanks Mackaydon. I understand. In my opinion whether land or sea TH should be 90 percent inspiration and 10 percent perspiration i.e. ample time should be given for armchair or sofa analysis then you make few but effective calculated trips on land or under the ocean.

tintin treasure

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread