Some treasure legends do turn out to be true.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
For years stories abounded about a sunken city off Alexandria Egypt. Some scholars once scoffed at the notion.

It was only till the later half of the 20th century those legends became true. Today divers are finding amazing ancient statues ans ruins under part of the bay that was once part of the ancient city of Alexanderia. But most interesting of all the remains of Cleopatra's palace has been discovered.

Today authorities have the brilliant idea of leaving these treasures from history in situ and building an encased underwater museum for to experience the atmosphere of such ruins. For Alexandria the tourism value will have enormous impact on a country struggling to find democracy. The the rest of world we will have a marvelous cultural treasure to see in its underwater state.

Anyway I hope you enjoy the pictures....

cleopatralostking2x.jpg

7761508_orig.jpg

6271918b84.jpg

image-96.jpg

alexandria-underwater-museum-statues-for-divers.jpg

lost-city-alexandria-egypt.jpg

5484346_orig.jpg

Ancient-Egypt-13022009.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Crow

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Cleopatra's city, thanks for posting this; personally I suspect that Alexander's tomb is there and not on dry land too.
:thumbsup::icon_thumleft: <two thumbs up>

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, how deep are these……..and how many other similar areas remain to be found off coastal areas.

Given the problems in the middle east with the musloids doing what musloids do, I would guess any tourism value would be minimal for years to come.
Heck, if they could dive, these ISIS spawns of satan would likely try to blow it up…...

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Doc-d there is no fear of that 90% from the middle east cannot swim.
laughing7.gif
ISIS is too busy killing their own people in the name of some twisted ideology

And beside not all in the middle east are radicals my friend. In fact some of the honest people I have dealt with have come from that region. I was once told a yarn if ya went to a football stadium and there was 50000 people there and 1000 rioted who would you remember? The 1000 that rioted not the 49000 that didn't. Extremism exists in all religions and cultures by the dangerous manipulation religious mantra to serve bigoted causes.

One thing I can guarantee you regardless of culture and race most want a future for their children.. Egypt at present does have its problems but have showed some positive signs even if there is still a long way to go. The development of such a cultural asset as the underwater museum would be fantastic tourism draw card in years to come. Enough said.

Here is plan of the original city and what is there today showing how much the coast line has changed.

I agree with Oro the grave of Alexander great may be now underwater somewhere in the under water remains of the city?

Now wouldn't that be an awesome find?

Crow

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Doc-d there is no fear of that 90% from the middle east cannot swim.
laughing7.gif
ISIS is too busy killing their own people in the name of some twisted ideology

And beside not all in the middle east are radicals my friend. In fact some of the honest people I have dealt with have come from that region. I was once told a yarn if ya went to a football stadium and there was 50000 people there and 1000 rioted who would you remember? The 1000 that rioted not the 49000 that didn't. Extremism exists in all religions and cultures by the dangerous manipulation religious mantra to serve bigoted causes.

One thing I can guarantee you regardless of culture and race most want a future for their children.. Egypt at present does have its problems but have showed some positive signs even if there is still a long way to go. The development of such a cultural asset as the underwater museum would be fantastic tourism draw card in years to come. Enough said.

Here is plan of the original city and what is there today showing how much the coast line has changed.

I agree with Oro the grave of Alexander great may be now underwater somewhere in the under water remains of the city?

Now wouldn't that be an awesome find?

Crow

Alexander supposedly had a CRYSTAL coffin - should be unique in the world, and I doubt that salt water would harm it. Please do continue,
Oroblanco

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most "legends" or "rumors" begin from truths.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Makes you think that an Atlantis can exist somewhere.

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
One thing for sure there are perhaps many areas of coastline that have suffered inundation By rising sea levels and other catastrophes.

Crow

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Crow, true , but not Atlantis, Violent submersion where today it lies some 12,000 underwater covered with a thick layer of mud..

Tis on the junction of The North American, Asian, and African plates. An extremely unstable zone, It was subducted, pivoted on the Mainland, effectively the Spanish coast and south to the Azores , parts of which were also pulled under. This action formed the Spanish shallows, -- AzatLan.-- thr place of the reeds, Herons, etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ah Don Jose Atlantis was not the only place that suffered that fate?

There is a place in Greece that suffered a simular fate such Helike in the gulf of Corinth. There are archeologists still trying to find the exact location of the city today.

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Don amigo no beer please I am in stict refurbishment mode, life extension mode to you guys.:laughing7: No fun spending my ill gotten gains if Ya too sick to enjoy it?:laughing7:

Crow

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow mi amigo Grecian records the few available, state that Atlantis and Greece were at war. If it was on one of te Greek islands, they most certainly would have known it and none of the Greek islands are any where near where they, and the Egyptian, records show it to be anywhere but 'outside' the Mediterranean basin..

Don Jose de la Mancha.

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ah my tropical tramp amigo I never said Helike was Atlantis. I meant to refer to that fact many cities in history have been destroyed through cataclysmic disaster. Helike was destroyed by liquefaction. the original Callao in Peru suffered same fate. Even Alexandria port area and seen in these wonderful photographs I first posted.

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello cities and civilizations come and Go just like how Kanaki's finding out with his home town of Rabual.

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread