Anyone up for a lost city?

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have come across some info that an American Crew docked their boat near the Bay Islands and based on some info possibly obtained by Jennings (he was barred from the islands after being deported), and found a coffin with a skeleton and other stuff......in a cave....underwater.

By the way, Anne Jennings-Brown is still alive, in her 80s, living just outside of London but suffering from a serious illness.

There is a character in Ecuador who is a Jennings aficionado and attempted to retrace his steps and actually came across a few people and sites mentioned in the book.

IPUK

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello IPUK The story of the Americans you mention is the story connect to Roatan. Not connected at all with the Information that came to Hardlucks friend. Howard for a time was doing it tough and working shark hunting for a time off the cost of Ecuador. He have ventured down the coast of south America to chilie to an small island off the coast. Looking for priate treasure from information he had obtained in Honduras about a particular island or some thing like that.That of course is another story in itself. Hardlucks friend met him in the early 70s when he exploring old Panama and Central America. I do not remember if he mentioned the story in his book with Robin?

Crow

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was Howard Jennings in any way related to the famous pirate Henry Jennings that used to operate from the uninhabited Mona Island off the coast of Puerto Rico?

tintin treasure

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello TT I do not know?

Crow

Hello Crow,,speaking of Uninhabited islands,,do you know of any Uninhabited islands that are easily accessible and not part of an natural park? It would be thrilling to visit some.

tintin treasure

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
After sailing around the pacific I have visited many but uninhabited ones are only uninhabited because they remote. They all have some sort of national park status..

Crow

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Crow fit the delay in replying, had to pop to the shops.

Anyway, Jennings didn't mention exploring Panama. He did look for a "river of gold" in Honduras. He also checked out Costa Rica - plenty of gold was uncovered there but I'm not sure how much by Jennings. The information you've relayed about him, is bringing something new to the table. You really are a veritable walking, talking treasure encyclopedia Crow.

TT, Howard, did claim descendence from the pirate Jennings.

IPUK

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Crow fit the delay in replying, had to pop to the shops.

Anyway, Jennings didn't mention exploring Panama. He did look for a "river of gold" in Honduras. He also checked out Costa Rica - plenty of gold was uncovered there but I'm not sure how much by Jennings. The information you've relayed about him, is bringing something new to the table. You really are a veritable walking, talking treasure encyclopedia Crow.

TT, Howard, did claim descendence from the pirate Jennings.

IPUK

Thanks IPUK,,,in that case he may have had some secret information handed down from his family. 8-)

tintin treasure

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I recall, Howard J was related to the pirate Henry Jennings.Treasure Hunter is a great read

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's ok TT.

Those islands you mention in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of SA, i reckon as well,that they harbour some secrets...

IPUK

IPUK ..They sure does..Here is an intrigue I read once about a great treasure from a Peru church that ended up in an island in the pacific..Hidden and never found.

The Church treasure of Pisco

tintin treasure

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IPUK ..They sure does..Here is an intrigue I read once about a great treasure from a Peru church that ended up in an island in the pacific..Hidden and never found

tintin treasure

Hey TT

Many thanks for the link.

I'm not too sure about the Pisco treasure. Too many inconsistencies.

There is the other story of the lima church treasure as well. Got a theory about that one...

IPUK

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey TT

Many thanks for the link.

I'm not too sure about the Pisco treasure. Too many inconsistencies.

There is the other story of the lima church treasure as well. Got a theory about that one...

IPUK

IPUK..thanks..the people who wrote the link I sent you have also thier Lima story,,Turn the link to it home page and go to Pacific treasures then Cocos Island then Lima gold.

tintin treasure

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi TT

Thanks.

The Lima story is slightly better verified.

That was a sizeable treasure and unless someone found it and kept it quiet, it could still be out there....

Ipuk

grantler

Jan 11, 2004
near munich
Detector(s) used
Goldpic,XP ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mr. tintin treasure :-))
about the Church Treasure of Pisco
you should read : The Treasure of the Tuamotus by George Hamilton .(1939)
Part one : The hiding of the Treasure 1849
Part two : The story of Charles Edward Howe (1910-1928)
Part three . The Story of George Hamilton (1934 )
cheers
grantler

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mr. tintin treasure :-))
about the Church Treasure of Pisco
you should read : The Treasure of the Tuamotus by George Hamilton .(1939)
Part one : The hiding of the Treasure 1849
Part two : The story of Charles Edward Howe (1910-1928)
Part three . The Story of George Hamilton (1934 )
cheers
grantler

thanks for the info grantler...It seems it is a forgotten treasure as the search story ends in the 1930s.

tintin treasure

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread