Treasure of Ahamad Shah Abdali

redbull

Sep 5, 2013
iowa formerly from the south
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow,
When you say ruby mine, are you referring to a lost ruby mine or just a ruby mine in general?
We played around in a couple emerald and ruby mines mainly to make sure they weren't hiding **** in the mines (usually it was the opposite and they'd report missing explosives and blast caps or lost their pprwork etc) I wish I would have spent more time looking around in the caves etc as I'm sure there's probably jewel caches etc all over the Hindu kush range but our main goal was to root out the hiqqani network and BiP any mine cave tunnel that was suspected of being used for insurgent ops. That and the shah I kot valley was a butt puckerer so we didn't dilly dally much.
I would have bought some of the stones but we were not allowed as they are considered conflict minerals. (Politically correct saying but it's pretty much the same as African blood diamonds)

Last edited:

redbull

Sep 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And before someone jumps my ass. we never BiPed any cave mine etc that had any noticeable cultural or historical significance. And if the afghanis ever get their act together I'd go back in a flash. The pashtuns and the other minor groups like the tajiks in the area were welcoming and nice. It was the idiot drug smugglers running thtough the KG pass and the insurgents (hiqqani, tali ban etc) coming in from Northern warzistan that is ruining/ruined a nice area

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
And before someone jumps my ass. we never BiPed any cave mine etc that had any noticeable cultural or historical significance. And if the afghanis ever get their act together I'd go back in a flash. The pashtuns and the other minor groups like the tajiks in the area were welcoming and nice. It was the idiot drug smugglers running thtough the KG pass and the insurgents (hiqqani, tali ban etc) coming in from Northern warzistan that is ruining/ruined a nice area

Hello redbull. Thanks for the amazing update. The methods used in Afghanistan is very primitive even if clever that ruins most of stones. If the country ever sees stability then prosperity could come from mining with modern mining methods. That could drag Afghanistan out of the middles ages and into prosperity. However that fate is in the hands of the people there themselves.

I am sure one day an amazing treasure will be discovered there.

Crow

redbull

Sep 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sadly I don't think much will be left cultural wise. For the most part if it's not a gravesite that belongs to that tribe of the area or was part of the 70/80s my ja or a famous muslim the artifact hunters over there could careless about cultural significance.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep yakking red butt, I am enjoying it. You need some coffee naturally. dece t  size coffee.jpg

redbull

Sep 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
?? Unsure of if that comment was meant as a your feeding pure bullshit or what type post. If it's a your blowing smoke comment. Here's my daily go ****yourself face I usually showed my lil E4 and below minions when they opened their traps :p
197086_1651077715088_5584486_n-1.jpg

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
?? Unsure of if that comment was meant as a your feeding pure bullshit or what type post. If it's a your blowing smoke comment. Here's my daily go ****yourself face I usually showed my lil E4 and below minions when they opened their traps :p
View attachment 1105860

Not sure ya understand the big coffee mug? eye I can see ya got fire in belly just as the heritage of the Irish name suggests. Understandable as where ya been and from experience winding down aint easy. . But patience my friend as the offer of coffee is one friendship. I and Don Amigo are really interested in hearing about ya searches on caves in that region. Just as the treasure legends of that tragic wild country.

The day will come my friend of who ya were and your time there will be a distant memory. Just half forgotten memories of people and places let behind. One thing this RAGGEDY old Crow can guarantee ya always leave a part of yourself back in that far way place.

Crow

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And Senor Crow, while it is true you leave a part of yourself; it is also true a part of a place like this becomes a part of you that does not leave also……..
But I digress and gracias Senor Redbull, please continue and as our Señor Crow said, Señor Don Jose is a good guy….were he to blow smoke, there would be no mistaking it……..if you go back on these threads, there are more than a few references to coffee………
Now Señor Don Jose has some tales from his time spent on pacific island as part of the USMC in WWII……..and there are more than a few other vets here (myself included)…..
Vaya con Dios
Viva Christo Rey

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc, puleze, Pacific (Guadalcanal) a swabbie, later a fly boy for the USAF, as for you, red bull, as the others have mentioned, go go , I am actually enjoying your stories very much -

ya mean that ya didn't have coffee in the service ? They made me a coffee hound.

Do you realize that we may never get to talk to someone that actually was active in the area? We aren't about to let you go.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday Don Amigo

I will be state side soon. So old crow's beak will be quiet for a while. Until next time cheers...

Happy hunting all...

Crow

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Crow, buen viaje……..and we look forward to your squeaking upon your return…..

Senor Don Jose……..tar and feather……..that may be an option if you do not get working on our book.

Senor Redbull, please continue…….

Vaya con Dios
Viva Christo Rey

redbull

Sep 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for the grumpiness.
Anyhow I'm still slowly unpacking. I found one of my hard drives but it isn't showing up on my new computer??? I think it's a software issue or driver issue. Gonna tinker with it this coming weekend.
Also if anyone has a idea on how to scan maps to make them readable let me know. I'm thinking I might have to go to a staples or somewhere with a nice scanner

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow, its so good to see you posting again! You have been sorely missed!

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee Since I have been away I thought you guys would digging out ya maps on the region looking for more clues.

Crow

Not without you Crow. Also mind you if we have found something here we would have been on each other's throat if there is no seasoned TH to administer the disputes:).
p.s.Do you know of a yarn on lisbon or inland portugal TH mystery? ,I plan to go there sometime for visit,,

tintin treasure

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
TT

The name of the place has change since 1907 as it conflicted with the namesake in the Holy land. The place today is called Nazare a popular surfing and tourist resort today. In 1907 vast treasures was washed up on the beaches. Perhaps worth a little look also? Based on where there smoke there is fire principle.

nazare sm.jpg

Goulburn Herald  Wednesday 19 June 1907, page 3.jpg

Crow

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TT

The name of the place has change since 1907 as it conflicted with the namesake in the Holy land. The place today is called Nazare a popular surfing and tourist resort today. In 1907 vast treasures was washed up on the beaches. Perhaps worth a little look also? Based on where there smoke there is fire principle.

View attachment 1130499

View attachment 1130501

Crow

Crow thanks so much as usual.I will sure try to check this one sometime.....The barn story is also amazing,imagine opening a barn and finding valuable vintage Cars,and it is all yours no complications with law,that was cool indeed.

P.S. Crow, i didnt have a chance to look at your tip on sicily last time,,by the way in my stay in Rome I strolled around Tiber and recalled our talk of last time,,,though now the bridges are modern,they may have been built on the spots of the ancient bridges and bridges are important as people might have been on bridges when they damped stuff...but one Important piece of info,there is still one ancient bridge still in use.It is called "ponte fabricio" and it connects the strange tiber river island "Isola tiberina" with the land.There are some strange legends associated with the island itself.Maybe it could be worthwhile to check the waters under this ancient bridge....

Tintin treasure

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread