In Search Of: Forum member "Treasure Master" AKA Alan, AKA Popeye

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
looking to contact long time member Alan, who was most recently (though over 4 years ago) posting under the name Treasure Master:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/503.html

My hope is that perhaps he still posts under another identity or that someone on here has a way to contact him directly and see if they can help put us in touch. I'd like very much to correspond with him on a number of topics. thanks in advance for your assistance.

Randy

OP
OP
R

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
Unfortunately, answered questions don't alway mean good answers or happy endings.:

Alan T. Sippola
2/4/1951 - 1/7/2011

Alan T. Sippola, born in Auburn, February 4,1951, died January 7, 2011 of ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease). Alan served aboard the aircraft carrier, USS Ranger, in the Gulf of Tonkin as a Machinist's Mate during the Vietnam War. After his Navy service Alan had many jobs as a landscaper and commissary worker, but most en- joyed working on the 102 year old Sippola Ranch purchased by his grandfather and great-grandfather in 1908.
Alan was preceded in death by his mother Ferrel Jean Sippola. He is survived by his father and step-mother, Tom and Jean Sippola of Granite Bay; Brother Jim (Susan) Sippola of Soda Springs Idahoe; step-brothers Richard (Deborah), Kevin (April) and Alan Eldridge of Sacramento; aunts Aune Winton and Joann Thormod, cousins Susan Kerber, Eddie Driver, Tom Ruhkala, Carl Ruhkala, Keith Sippola and many nieces and nephews.
A Celebration of Life Service will be held on Saturday, January 29, 2011 at Reichert's Funeral Home, 7320 Auburn Blvd, Citrus Heights at 11 a.m. A private service for Interment will be held at Rocklin Cemetery. In lieu of flowers remembrances may be made in Alan's name to the ALS Assoc, 2717 Cottage Way, Suite 8, Sacramento, CA 95825 or to Bristol Hospice, 2140 Professional Dr. Suite 210, Roseville, CA 95661
Published in Gold Country Media Newspapers on Jan. 20, 2011
(Alan Sippola Obituary - Auburn, CA | Auburn Journal)

I never had the pleasure of meeting Alan, in fact, I'm not even sure I ever spoke with him. I know that from digging around in the old archives that Alan made some rather significant contributions to this forum in it's earlier years. For those fortunate enough to access his posts, he was active in the "golden era" of treasure hunting and knew and spoke to many of the greats of the late 1960s and early 1970s. Alan easily displays a substantial level of understanding and recollection as demonstrated by some of his threads on early treasure magazines, treasure newspapers, and well known names in the business such as Karl Von Mueller, Paul Tainter, Gene Ballinger and so many more. Alan shred what he could on and off and in general appeared to really know his stuff. Our community has a distinct void. I know this is late, but well wishes to his family and a vote of thanks for all he contributed to this forum...

Randy

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Randy Nice eulogy. Sadly my friend people come and go as its the way of the world. I tend to spare a moment at sunset to all of those who has gone before even the ones I never quite got on with. And remember all of good and bad traits that makes us who we are.

Crow

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would guess that most of us here are old enough to have friends and family passing into eternity who are younger than us…..for me, it is a good reminded of my mortality……..ashes to ashes and dust to dust……..what does it profit a man to gain the world and yet loose his soul.
Happiness can not be obtained by wealth, nor material goods……true happiness is something the world can never provide, a fleeting illusion…..
And yet true happiness and peace is obtainable by all…..is they take take the narrow path…..
Vaya con Dios

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread