Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
In my long Journey digging into treasure legends you soon begin to see into unique world of people who fail in such ventures of treasure hunting due to a combination of various reasons. The most telling of all 99% was poor research was part of the failure.

I had an interesting conversation with hardluck the other day as once he used to post various treasure legends for joy of sharing them. However he told me had come to realization he may be doing more harm than Good. Because due to the nature of such treasure legends in can induces a whole range of people dream of what if? Not particularly a bad thing however there is many people who engage in such practices are doomed for failure because they never understand the enormity of research needed to succeed. Some are plain ignorant and dangerous to Themselves and others who perhaps should never of existed if their parents was never allowed to breed.

3. Cases in question.

Case in question 1. Hardluck was contacted by emailed from a man in Tanzania who had become obsessed about a WW1 German treasure Hardluck had wrote about on a Forum. The man turned out to be a drug dealing Tanzanian Gang member interested in a treasure story. It turns out he murdered several families on the property where he thought this treasure was buried. thus digging into an old hospital basement and exposing himself to an buried radio active radiological waste from scrapped ex-ray machine. poetic justice is it not?

2. Another story Hardluck and I shared was from 1999. A working trip in Brunei. On a side trip we found an island and a settlement north of Borneo which was the original settlement the British made in Asia before the establishment of Singapore. The fort and Town was destroyed by Sulu pirates. We had close encounter with insurgents who had a training camp on the island. Years later Hardluck gave details of the location to Malaysian authorities and before long rumor of treasure its been claim in off the records circles being there made its way over to the Philippines. Since the area is disputed territory by both nations in January this year there was a small border war between the Philippines and Malaysia resulting in deaths of at least 28 people perhaps even more.

Malaysia rejects clan leader's call for cease-fire in Sabah as death toll rises - CNN.com

3. In 2009 hardluck posted a story about the mad dictator of Paraguay. While stories were well known in Paraguay about the dead dictators lost hoard. It was not well known outside of the country in the English speaking world and yet a few years after was flurry of books and interest from outside the country on story of dictator and his Irish mistress. As of 2013 20 dug a massive hole of premise of finding treasure right the way down to the water table. You do not have to be smart to realize that the dictator held onto what treasure he had left. And buried hastily before all was overrun and killed. Not a 50 ft hole by a rather shallow location probably not far from his last stand.

The Following Photos can show the extremes treasure legends can become blind obsession.

gold-bullion-paraguay-2.jpg

gold-bullion-paraguay-3.jpg

Perhaps in years to come the hole will become another Oak island and of course it was the Freemasons fault or even the Templar:laughing7: And even of this year 3 men have been buried alive.
Trio buried alive hunting Paraguay treasure - Americas News & Top Stories - The Straits Times

On reporter summed it up best....But it captures many people’s imagination in the largely rural, poor South American country. And the digging goes on. And so it is many places. many people for all races and all walks of life can become foolishly obsessed in their quest, not only a risk to themselves but to others. But most of all my friends I am reminded of one of old hardlucks sayings

"where there's treasure evil is never far away"

Crow

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ole crow... Always count on you for a great post. I agree with you... no one digs a fifty foot hole in the "last stand" without not only help... but everyone in town knowing about it.

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello ARRC

This old Crow is rapidly losing his feathers these days however its my pleasure you enjoyed the post..:thumbsup:

Crow

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow,At your young age?? However I have another bone to pick with you.

You did an extraordinarily good job on the illustration of the book. I wonder if I may use that in reference to your work and encouragement in the acknowledgements ?

That cover was a fantastic bit of work. iI invites - no, demands - the observer to open it up , whether one is a Historian, Geologist, archaeologist, treasure hunter, or just a mildy curious browser, it demands reading.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Crow, gracias…….and how is it our beloved black bird is loosing his feathers? Surely the young Crow and mom are helping keep you young, tired no doubt, but young.

Not sure how on a last stand you would dig a 50' hole either………and what machinery was available at the time (I am not familiar with this story and don't know the years)…….

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Crow,At your young age?? However I have another bone to pick with you.

You did an extraordinarily good job on the illustration of the book. I wonder if I may use that in reference to your work and encouragement in the acknowledgements ?

That cover was a fantastic bit of work. iI invites - no, demands - the observer to open it up , whether one is a Historian, Geologist, archaeologist, treasure hunter, or just a mildy curious browser, it demands reading.

Don Jose I have worn many hats over the years its my pleasure that you have enjoyed the cover and hopefully you can fill it with your story?

Doc D young one already like his dad a booby man. :laughing7: Most of ya have been there done that must have a have a grin from ear to ear and thought "And the clever black bird thought he escaped it all"

Crow

Last edited:

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh Senor Crow…….I am sure we all have a grin from ear to ear…….but it is not for the reason of escaping it all…….for in truth, having a child does change you life completely in ways you could not imagine before…….and yet, who here would wish it never happened? For me, my regret, is being so stupid and selfish that I too long put off the joys of children…….and now my wife is too old, save for a miracle from God……..
But such is the wisdom we learn over the years that seems to come too late……..for you our brother Crow…….you have been granted a great grace with this child…..and perhaps it is that the lost feathers are only to make way for new, stronger feathers………
The first few months are difficult……..my first nieto (grandson) is now a year old……a real little person with personality and he will grow into a little wild man it seems……and I will be there to help and guide him along the way…..much to the chagrin of my wife…...

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Crow, don't believe those foolish so called child experts……it is never too early to introduce both coffee and supplement in his diet……..

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I should also add how many have perished being ill prepared searching for treasure in the American Southwes?. How many lives has Supers have claimed? The Philipines is another place every year the death toll mounts up either by cave ins or by murders assicated with treasure.

Even Oak island has claimed a few...

It can be a dangerous profession indeed.

Crow

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Don Jose, great question, and I would guess we would know the answer if the book was finished……..
Coffee?

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And the posts above serve as reminder to keep your mouths shut…….it may be far better to take a little, seek lesser known options to keep under the radar…….
For antiquities, unless you know somebody to unload it(keeping in mind the above), melt it……somehow govs seem to think all belongs to them…...
Be extremely careful who your partners are…….and always have adequate force protection…….
As Senor Crow has pointed out, some of those involved in seeking treasure are dangerous people and this seems to cross over into the narco and terror groups at least in SA.
Vaya con Dios…..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread