What is most outrageous treasure hunting legend you have ever read?

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I, for one would have never thought you were 92. I have read your comments for years. I have always had a high opinion of your comments, responses, tales, and words of wisdom. If I were to guess I would have guessed less than 50. As many writers do you should take pen in hand and write up some of your adventures as either fact or fiction. I think you have. Lot to say.

Hello Ecominer

There has been more than a few of us hounding him for years......

But Don Jose has politely changed the subject on the subject of the book because fell feels after these long years the ending may not be to our expectations?

I for one understand in some aspects the conclusion may in part, be inconclusive?

However for me and many people here his journey, search and all the adventures along the way is the real story in his quest for of Tayopa. If only he knows how proud we are in knowing him and talking to him here.

Even the most deadbeat raggedy misfits, the Unholy trio that ever searched for treasure around the globe salutes him.

joseph curry tayopa gold of the sun. 2.jpg

If only he realize its the journey that is the real treasure and not the destination and if he would only finish the book....what a book it would be?

Happy Easter everyone....

Amy

bonuntr

Jun 7, 2012
Utah's Outback
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 LE, Garrett Eagle Eye Deepseeker, Goldbug 2, Bounty Hunter 505, Whites Super 500 Deepseeker, (old, but fun)!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As for monuments and the original post.....

The original post asking for the most outrageous treasure hunting legend is getting lost here....As for Victorio peak, I have no trouble believing that such a huge treasure existed, (methinks the gov. might know its location now). As for who originally put it there....we will never know. As others have researched it much more than I, I leave it to them. Simply take a look at how much gold and silver was leaving with the plate fleet over the years....astronomical! Who said that there wasn't more mined than shipped? I have no trouble believing that at all.... As for monuments being fairly new, the ones I find that are not sheep herder monuments, can be dated through lichenology, (at least as far as how old they were when the lichens began to grow) There are monuments everywhere that easily pre-date the 1750's. I will post a photo below of one of them. I have thousands of pics of monuments that are very old. Below is one I wandered on to a while back...I have no clue as to it's meaning, although some of it DOES represent death traps in the area....Just my two cents....
Rock
prehnite 020.JPG

prehnite 013.JPG

prehnite 021.JPG

prehnite 029.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread