Superstition Mts. new show on History Channel

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
What a waste of time and money. I actually feel sorry for those of you involved. Well, we live and learn - sometimes the hard way.

I'm not sure where your animosity is coming from.

This show has never purported to be anything else than entertainment, so in that regard they haven't misled anyone. I will be watching it if only because I know who is in it and I'm rooting for Frank!:tongue3:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
All,

Believe this kind of national exposure is a good thing for the Rendezvous. In that respect I'm all for it. The more the merrier.:icon_cheers: It's also a good thing for the area (AJ) as well.

I'm also rooting for Frank and in particular, my friend Wayne Tuttle. Believe he will be the star who will emerge from this exposure.

Deducer is 100% correct in his post.:thumbsup:

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
I never had so much fun in my life! I'll never regret doing the show. Found some gold and made some new friends. It was all a great adventure.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a waste of time and money. I actually feel sorry for those of you involved. Well, we live and learn - sometimes the hard way.

Terry, you haven't seen it, one of our own is in it so at least give him some respect...

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, you haven't seen it, one of our own is in it so at least give him some respect...

I don't think so. This is just one more example of TV producers getting rich off of treasure hunters with stars in their eyes, and advertisers anxious to make a few bucks off of folks that don't have a clue. The Lost Dutchman Industry is the worst kind of fraud, stealing the life savings and dreams of people.

blazintowers

Greenie
Jan 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like someone is butt hurt for not making the cast...LOL I can't wait to see it for the awesome views and terrain if for nothing else.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Treasurer Hunter don't worry about. I've always shared info on what I've found and in this case many will find what I share very interesting. As my friend Hutton from The Oak Island series said there will always be haters out there. I personally overlook them. After all the is America and we all have the right to express our opinion. I fought to uphold that right in Vietnam. Terry at the very least you will see where I get Superstition gold. The one thing you and many others failed ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422059765.284459.jpg to find in the Superstitions.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sgt, as long as members remember any attacks on TN members has consequences, members can dislike the show all they want but insults directed at TN members because they are part of the cast is a different story....

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The oak island show, tow truck shows, and it sounds like this show, all sound the same. It's "reality" tv that is just dramatization of existing facts/pieces of fact/legends/etc. I would much rather watch a documentary on the Dutchman vs. some concoction that leads one to believe something new is going on.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sgt, as long as members remember any attacks on TN members has consequences, members can dislike the show all they want but insults directed at TN members because they are part of the cast is a different story....

no one is "attacking" Sarge or any other member. I have my opinion, I stated it, and that is that.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't say you insulted him. If you insulted him I would have deleted it, and issued warning.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I am going to watch the show, just for kicks. Like any other shows I have watches related to this type of reality series is usually some guys sharing some history, thoughts, opinions, possibilities, and isn't the Superstitions Government land that no one is "supposed" to be digging around in it? I don't know, I haven't been out there and stuff I read on here a few years back on the subject, I don't know I would have to go back and find them if I need correction if digging is allowed there, or just not in certain areas?

BUT;
I would like to see some "UNDISTURBED DIRT" , or a CAVE OPENING dug out with live action of digging and "dirty dirt covered" gold being pulled out of the ground or cave if it is to be on the show, if they come across gold. Too many possibilities to "salt' areas to make for TV entertainment an "try" and keep people interested in it. Chances are, there won't be anything found of great value due to the government going to nab it all up before it is even put out in public much less on a tv show!

I quit watching Oak Island after the 3rd show of seeing the same old thing; "All the talk, all the digging, all the speculation, and "NOTHING" to be found and it was very short lived in my mind to even desire to watch another episode of it! To this day, after so many episodes and they still haven't found anything! Wonder why?

Good luck to you guys that are on the show and no offense, hope you make some money doing it, but I wonder just how short lived the show will be?

Last edited:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its scheduled at the same time as Better Call Saul, what genius made that decision? (stabs record button)

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Its scheduled at the same time as Better Call Saul, what genius made that decision? (stabs record button)

"Better Call Saul" repeats tomorrow night at 9, so watch the LSM tonight, and save Saul for tomorrow.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Preview: Middle-aged white guys with more money and time than brains, argue and fight over decades old theories and legends with drama supplied by shots of rattlesnakes, sliding rocks, and burning hot shots of the sun. The producers throw in some ancient history and news footage of the recovery of dead bodies, and the usual suspects in Apache Junction and Tortilla Flats keep raking in that money. BORING!

Ready, Set, GO!

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[IMG said:
http://tnet.forumfoundry.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png[/IMG] Originally Posted by Terry Soloman

Preview: Middle-aged white guys with more money and time than brains, argue and fight over decades old theories and legends with drama supplied by shots of rattlesnakes, sliding rocks, and burning hot shots of the sun. The producers throw in some ancient history and news footage of the recovery of dead bodies, and the usual suspects in Apache Junction and Tortilla Flats keep raking in that money. BORING!

Ready, Set, GO!

That's OK Terry.....we understand

Mine.png Maybe Next Time.png

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I am going to watch the show, just for kicks. Like any other shows I have watches related to this type of reality series is usually some guys sharing some history, thoughts, opinions, possibilities, and isn't the Superstitions Government land that no one is "supposed" to be digging around in it? I don't know, I haven't been out there and stuff I read on here a few years back on the subject, I don't know I would have to go back and find them if I need correction if digging is allowed there, or just not in certain areas?

BUT;
I would like to see some "UNDISTURBED DIRT" , or a CAVE OPENING dug out with live action of digging and "dirty dirt covered" gold being pulled out of the ground or cave if it is to be on the show, if they come across gold. Too many possibilities to "salt' areas to make for TV entertainment an "try" and keep people interested in it. Chances are, there won't be anything found of great value due to the government going to nab it all up before it is even put out in public much less on a tv show!

I quit watching Oak Island after the 3rd show of seeing the same old thing; "All the talk, all the digging, all the speculation, and "NOTHING" to be found and it was very short lived in my mind to even desire to watch another episode of it! To this day, after so many episodes and they still haven't found anything! Wonder why?

Good luck to you guys that are on the show and no offense, hope you make some money doing it, but I wonder just how short lived the show will be?

Howdy Amigo,

In Wilderness Area where the mine is believed to be, one can dig like a cat to cover their stuff. You can also dig a small sample for prospecting purposes. Only hand tools are allowed, and no big digs are allowed.

However, I hate to disappoint you, filming for profit is not allowed, so you know they are not in the Superstition Wilderness Area. Yes the Superstition Mountain gets filmed, but from a distance just outside the area. You will also notice that Sonny Tapia is the outfitter, this also tells you they are not inside the Wilderness Area since Ron Feldman from O K Corrals is the only one who has a permit to outfit in that area.

News of a big discovery always come before any show, but it is still very entertaining, I am enjoying it, and can't wait for the next one. It also gives you an idea of how those mountains are in case you get to go there someday.

Homar

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Amigo,

In Wilderness Area where the mine is believed to be, one can dig like a cat to cover their stuff. You can also dig a small sample for prospecting purposes. Only hand tools are allowed, and no big digs are allowed.

However, I hate to disappoint you, filming for profit is not allowed, so you know they are not in the Superstition Wilderness Area. Yes the Superstition Mountain gets filmed, but from a distance just outside the area. You will also notice that Sonny Tapia is the outfitter, this also tells you they are not inside the Wilderness Area since Ron Feldman from O K Corrals is the only one who has a permit to outfit in that area.

News

Homar

That's Disappointing :( so this whole thing is pretend ?

or does that mean when they get close they will have to stop the show ?

Last edited:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Thanks for watching the show everyone. Sometime in the future I'll be free to answer your questions. The map history will be beyond interesting. I do enjoy your comments though. Be sure to watch future episodes. It will be fun.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread