Is it just me, or is this section going downhill fast?

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what Matt I getting at but it seems the experts have staked claims on their own
fields of expertise. They don't normally cross over, well Reb does when he gets bored with
solving the Beale puzzle. I remember lots of authentic THers who have posted great info and
then disappear. You would think winter would be the time to draw them to the forum giving
us a chance to pick their brains.
Matt is a great poster who I enjoy bantering with since he roams about in both Colorado and
New Mexico which were my haunts when I was very active. I need to send him to Arizona to
check out some gold areas I spent time exploring.
Don't get discouraged Matt, I've got an old bottle site for you upriver.

I didn't disagree with that part of the post. I think gollum makes great posts too. It looks like many have put a lot of effort in their theories, and some are just verbose.

I can't tell you how suprised I would be if some people didn't act like they knew everything, cause I haven't seen a forum yet that was clear of it. Might even be boring. But I think it means we read between the lines, and develop a tough skin. And just enjoy everyone's company?

Maybe .

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave...I know what you and your cohorts are up to.... :nono: ..... Don't make me use the whip. :whip2:

Kempie-Poo..... Just for you.....

View attachment 1116251

Alas, my cohorts must have r-u-n-n-o-f-t. I find myself a bit of a lone curmudgeon currently.

Maybe I could solicit for the position of temporary sidekick with an opportunity to become a full fledged enabler and vagabond at large? Sure got some purty feets there miss Judy.

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Look around the treasure legend section these days. I see decreasing participation in threads across the board, especially from those we need to hear from most. Instead we have people rambling on and on off topic all the time, or just sitting and waiting for other people to show them where the treasures are. I see a lack of verifiable facts being posted, people who think because they have a non-treasure related agenda to promote we should all listen, and people promoting their baseless pet theories and zany concepts. And if you confront them with this, they think you mean someone else! I see lots of readers, but they only lurk, they do not participate.

Maybe I'm wrong, what do you think? What would it take to attract people to this section who have factual information they are willing to share, as well as prove? People who don't spend all their time waiting for others to post the goodies? What could we do to make this section better, and motivate people to post quality here over quantity? I have seen so many people leave the site since I started participating in 2010. People who had a lot of knowledge we were all benefiting from. I have my own theories as to why this is happening, but if I posted them here, they would most likely be deleted. I know Old Bookaroo left simply because he got tired of a certain kind of activity being promoted on T-net, again which I can't bring up or a I will be censored for saying so. Where is Crow these days? Where is Not Peralta? I could rattle off a huge list of names that are simply missing in action.

Suggestion? Solutions? Lets make this section good again!

I quit posting because everyone would gang up on me and pound me into the dirt about what I found , so I keep my finds to myself and just post photos of nature in the daily snapshots and leave everything else alone.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I think it would go a long way if the mods could encourage people to back up their assertions with facts or at least solid research, instead of rambling on and all over the place. They also could discourage posting BS, although the definition of what is BS is pretty subjective.

However, it does help when mods interfere every now and then to get posters to stay with the subject of the threads. That needs to happen more often.

It will also really help if posters simply ignore those who just ramble and make things up. Responding to those posters only encourages them to continue making things up, even if it's just a simple response as "more coffee?"

The ignore function is there for a good reason. Use it.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Deducer, what you are proposing is a strict Archaeological point of view. There are various formuns that do just that , but exclude treasure hunters as being too competitive.

" more coffee "

Don Jose,

What I am proposing is a method to cut out the BS. The best way to do that, is ignore those posters who we know have nothing to offer, or are consistently making things up.

If we do that, they go away. If we engage them, we'll get more BS.

Do you not agree?

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i kinda look at it as dumpster diving, i need a shoe, you need a hat, i find a hat,it no use to me. you find a shoe,its no use to you, maybe we can make a deal that will workout for us both?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't discourage ay one, in fact it is kinda fun to read their stuff, even if I violently disagree. And . believe it r not, have been proven wrong many times - just ask my wife, durn females never forget.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Use 'que Hay' instead of Vos is Losch'' Better yet "Vo ist das kafe haus" Where is the coffee shop.:coffee2::coffee2: :laughing7:

We have some high flying creative spanish going here......
In the presence of board royalty, My lips remain sealed..............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread