The Lost Carson Mine

Lamebeaver

Mar 19, 2019
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gentlemen,

I just stumbled across this site. Interestingly enough, I actually made the trip up to the headwaters of Twilight Creek not long after the last post in this thread. You can find a trip report and a few pictures here. Backpacking and Hiking Forum - Backpackers' Basecamp

If anyone is interested in making this trip, I'd be happy to share additional details about my route. It's not easy, but certainly better than attempting to follow Twilight Creek.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Gentlemen,

I just stumbled across this site. Interestingly enough, I actually made the trip up to the headwaters of Twilight Creek not long after the last post in this thread. You can find a trip report and a few pictures here. Backpacking and Hiking Forum - Backpackers' Basecamp

If anyone is interested in making this trip, I'd be happy to share additional details about my route. It's not easy, but certainly better than attempting to follow Twilight Creek.

Thanks for the excellent report and photos, lb.

OP
OP
UncleMatt

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have actually found other people on sites that have done the same. Some clambered over the mountains from the north to access the basin, and others opted to come up from Purgatory Flats as you did.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread