$2,000,000 Treasure Chest Hunt!

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
There is another good 'un up the river from Santa Fe, another eccentric author put it down. As for
Fenn I believe I have a good idea where to look and it isn't that far from town. Was in the area before
the book working with homeless who work the dodge in town and retreat to the highlands at evening.
Be careful where you step in the darkness as they are legion.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But in how many treasure legends or treasures found is the main character still alive? I almost think you have a better chance at recovering treasure that was found already and scooping up what was missed in the first go round if any and hopefully some.

Thought you might like this......its taken from a FOIA release of an older archive on a ciphered treasure hunt in the past....... the first paragraph of the poem is describing this very outline....

Old Map Forrest Silhouette.jpg

The way Fenn made the image of his shadow on the map is supposed to be set up to be the shadow of the figure from the older silouette......as it would be cast on the map in a side by side like this....

Now look closely at the angles and the way they line up.......somewhere on the map there is a canyon that takes the shape of the outline and the EXCLAMATION on the outline map takes the place of the chest.....

Old Map Forrest Exclamation.jpg

Ladies and gentleman I have confirmation of the location with a map and will update in this thread !!!

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Will that also be included in the SIMPSON PAPERS?
Those Peralta stones contain all types of messages if one just takes the time to study them.:thumbsup:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will that also be included in the SIMPSON PAPERS?
Those Peralta stones contain all types of messages if one just takes the time to study them.:thumbsup:

I didn't coin that page with those names.....good luck acting a fool following me around ECS.....your mouth is known here....

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Garrett sea hunter mark 2
Fisher gemini 3 ( two box )
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No offense Eldo , but more than 10,000 people have claimed to have the location ... but none have the treasure. Myself included. I still stick with my location as i can pinpoint 8 of the poem clues and 15 other clues from Forrests verbal hints and from the books all within a 1000 foot square on a google earth map. Is it the only place that can do this ? Probably not. Are these hints and book clues actual clues or just coincidence , who knows. Personally i wish somebody would find it so i know for sure if i am right or wrong . I made one trip out there but i cannot make another. I really enjoy reading peoples " solves" just for the fun of it... some of them might as well be looking on the moon. Anyway , GOOD LUCK in your search !

gobigredsox

Tenderfoot
Apr 18, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody know if Fenn made the "map" & clues before or after he supposedly hid the box?

How confident are we he really did hide it? I want to think he really did

applecrack

Jan 22, 2014
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Whites XLT
Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have a different theory on his poem. He wrote this poem from a hospital bed and thinking he was dying. I believe the poem talks about death, the human body and faith. WWWH I believe means when the body dies. Warm water halt is death. Thats all I'll say right now but that's a huge tip I've never given out before. Read the poem over and think of what I said and things will open up and you will see things differently. Remember he was considering his own mortality when he wrote it.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...as well as yours.

As well is my research....that is why you are searching for my posts and playing as if you are some random opinion......

Stop faking it ....you follow me around looking for a fight....

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No offense Eldo , but more than 10,000 people have claimed to have the location ... but none have the treasure. Myself included. I still stick with my location as i can pinpoint 8 of the poem clues and 15 other clues from Forrests verbal hints and from the books all within a 1000 foot square on a google earth map. Is it the only place that can do this ? Probably not. Are these hints and book clues actual clues or just coincidence , who knows. Personally i wish somebody would find it so i know for sure if i am right or wrong . I made one trip out there but i cannot make another. I really enjoy reading peoples " solves" just for the fun of it... some of them might as well be looking on the moon. Anyway , GOOD LUCK in your search !

its no offense.....I've had a few crazy adventures and about to have a few more....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions