Peralta stone duplications?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Peralta stone duplication's?

So if the heart rests on top of the piece below it,( opinions vary if it does stand proud, or is recessed) how does the heart get fitted to finished copy of the lower "stone"?
soup-line.jpg

Multiple requirements to cast a heart shaped opening with a bottom partway through in a copy of rectangular stone.
A release agent coating the sides and both faces of the heart.
A way to position heart precisely in orientation to the larger stone. Locator pins or a jig or fixture or witness marks.
The larger stones mould then has the heart inserted and positioned in it properly. Then is filled and the heart is covered with enough matrix on what will be the stones backside until the desired thickness of the larger stone copy is reached.
Once the material is firm enough to be turned rightside up the heart is then extracted.:dontknow:
The heart shown would be the pattern for inlay in the stone.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Rel , depends on where the light is comong from. That could be a depressive or an extrusive shadow. Ah, join me for a cuppa

:coffee2::coffee2:

Incidentally how did they get an 1847 correctly on the surface, right side up.

Nother incidentally, this is a common problem on sat or aerial phtograpy, separating the valleys from the peaks or vice versa

Last edited:
OP
OP
releventchair

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
:coffee2::coffee2::cup:

Oh, I had an awful time believing that heart was recessed. It was shown and explained to me by CW though, even after others said it was recessed also.. and I conceded.
As to the raised numbers, warily I say unto you they are a result of the heart being a cast of the hole it goes into.
Though my eyes and brain have been disqualified from guessing pictures anymore,like this one from the other thread showing the date recessed?

Jesuit-trade-rings.jpg

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RC,

The heart is actually called "The Heart INSERT". Called that because it is inserted into the Heart Shaped cutout on the Upper Trail Map Stone. There is not one raised ANYTHING on ANY of the Stone Maps. Every single symbol on every single stone (with the possible exception of the "Pillow Embossed" Cross on the back of the Upper Trail Stone Map. The cross is not raised above the level of the stone itself, but the surrounding stone was cut down around it.

I am pretty sure the guy that is the only person legally authorized to manufacture copies of the stone maps lives in Irvine, Ca. if I am not mistaken. I was in contact with him at one time a few years ago.

Mike

OP
OP
releventchair

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Got the insert part down.
Hallucination of raised surfaces now quickly fading along with flag marked excelsior.
Danged pink stone photo's I thought were rubber molds or somethin all feel the same running my fingers over the screen.
Sigh.
Thanks though Gollum. I should have it square, for now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions