Tunnels and more just found in New Ross, N.S.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not being skeptical just asking though. So you made it to a Vault Room and then left? Is this to due to the "Rights" or a TV thing..

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I vouch for Dennis in the hunt.

This site is real, and the makers/builders still unknown.

I think that's pretty cool to see something hidden in the woods, a single well, becoming a legendary find

Definitely something to support !

:occasion14:

Hope you dont forget all the eyes and ears out there, and update us with some cool pics of the BluePrint....

....if you need a survey done for the charting of graphics let me know. I love the 3D stuff

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO we located the Vault Chamber or Room but need a 3D scanner to track the tunnels that lead to it. This is one site that no one is going to dig at and mess things up like on Oak Island. We own the mineral rights to this site and we only allow drilling. A 3D scan of the site will show us everything and then we will know how to plan a dig if any can be done. We are tracking gold and other minerals but their are houses and buildings at this site so a major dig if any will take time and a lot of money.

Not being skeptical just asking though. So you made it to a Vault Room and then left? Is this to due to the "Rights" or a TV thing..

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO we located the Vault Chamber or Room but need a 3D scanner to track the tunnels that lead to it. This is one site that no one is going to dig at and mess things up like on Oak Island. We own the mineral rights to this site and we only allow drilling. A 3D scan of the site will show us everything and then we will know how to plan a dig if any can be done. We are tracking gold and other minerals but their are houses and buildings at this site so a major dig if any will take time and a lot of money.

Good plan,

Nobody will be tapping into that site having to dig all that dirt.

Or with the current curse placed on it all by Stephen King......LOL.....

finders_keepers_prop_embed.jpg

Here's the review from his own website

"Wake up genius." So begins King’s instantly riveting story about a vengeful reader. The genius is John Rothstein, an iconic author who created a famous character, Jimmy Gold, but who hasn’t published a book for decades. Morris Bellamy is livid, not just because Rothstein has stopped providing books, but because the nonconformist Jimmy Gold has sold out for a career in advertising. Morris kills Rothstein and empties his safe of cash, yes, but the real treasure is a trove of notebooks containing at least one more Gold novel.

Morris hides the money and the notebooks, and then he is locked away for another crime. Decades later, a boy named Pete Saubers finds the treasure, and now it is Pete and his family that Bill Hodges, Holly Gibney, and Jerome Robinson must rescue from the ever-more deranged and vengeful Morris when he’s released from prison after thirty-five years.

JIMMY GOLD......LOL

We should ask him for 'Royalties'.....LOL

http://stephenking.com/promo/finders-keepers/

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tunnels have been associated here with treasure finds. I believe they are of Spanish or that era origin. Although much older culture have used tunnels too. The lay out of the tunnels could follow the ore, or be of a specific design. This is very good news, no matter how the tunnels were formed.

NostraDanis

Feb 16, 2014
The Bluegrass
Primary Interest:
Other
FK, congrats, again. Do you know if you will have a chance to update your site with info from New Ross?

I'm sure you find yourself with a million things to do and limited resources, but don't forget to let yourself and your team enjoy the thrill and excitement of such a potentially wonderful site!

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are working with a news reporter now to release our story for next week. I am sure we have enough proof to show the Knights Templars did make it to Oak Island then moved up hill to New Ross and build this castle or at least started to build a castle and church.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Astonishing if true. We can call off Columbus Day for sure, then.

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Goodness, I was just up around New Ross on Monday of this week - driving and looking and pondering with my husband as we always do when we go through there. FinderKeeper, I admit to being quite intrigued by those tunnels, but I have a question regarding the graves you are leaning towards being of Templar origin. How did you discover that they were, in fact, graves?

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tunnels have been associated here with treasure finds. I believe they are of Spanish or that era origin. Although much older culture have used tunnels too. The lay out of the tunnels could follow the ore, or be of a specific design. This is very good news, no matter how the tunnels were formed.

I'm wondering if not Spanish, then perhaps Portuguese. If we follow the Templars, when they were suppressed throughout areas of Europe, nothing happened to them in Portugal other than a name change. There they simply became the Knights of Christ. We do know that the Corte Real brothers who came over around these parts of Atlantic Canada were Knights of the order, as was Prince Henry the Navigator for that matter. Nova Scotia was the demarcation point between Spanish and Portuguese claims to the New World. The Corte Reals (sp?) predated Jacques Cartier's voyages. Champlain attributed a cross he found in Advocat Harbour to the journey of Fagundes, also Portuguese, at least seven decades before he made his journey. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that coming here to this little province was nothing new by the 1500s, and with what folks like FK are doing, I'm hopeful that evidence will finally come forward to illustrate that. What if, just what if, what is going on at New Ross is Knights of Christ, with Templar as the origin?

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We are working with a news reporter now to release our story for next week. I am sure we have enough proof to show the Knights Templars did make it to Oak Island then moved up hill to New Ross and build this castle or at least started to build a castle and church.

Im glad i stumbled on this thread. I live in nova scotia and actually have a cottage in the new ross area I've bern going to all my life. I heard of the story years ago as a kid and have always been very excited about something being proven there. Im glad of all the work you seem to be doing to solve the mystery. Keep up the good work! [emoji106]🇨🇦

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a good question. We been looking for grave sites and bones from day one, 4 years back. This is just one of many things needed to date a site. So while we looked for gems , gold, etc if the workers found anything during a major dig at the site we held on to it. Ron Harris ( Joan Hopes Husband ) said Joan sent bones to the Museum in Halifax but they disappeared. On Aug 8th we had run some test up in the field above the castle to see if the bones are their and things look good , but what kind of bones ?? could be a old cow buried but this is just feet from the Church area and this would be the right place for a grave yard. Again we need a 3D scanner to be sure or we could just core drill a spot and get a sample. THIS IS NOT MY FIRST CHOICE. The second site is with in the castle walls, a trench 20' long and 5'wide with bones but again not sure if human. There is just to much work for us to do when we are on site. New leads come in from locals about gold sites in the area so we check them out to.

Goodness, I was just up around New Ross on Monday of this week - driving and looking and pondering with my husband as we always do when we go through there. FinderKeeper, I admit to being quite intrigued by those tunnels, but I have a question regarding the graves you are leaning towards being of Templar origin. How did you discover that they were, in fact, graves?

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You, I will say one thing, we will not sit on this and drag it out. We want to know what's there to. So we plan to return and drill into the Vault Chamber unless we get a 3D scanner or Museum or University on site.

Im glad i stumbled on this thread. I live in nova scotia and actually have a cottage in the new ross area I've bern going to all my life. I heard of the story years ago as a kid and have always been very excited about something being proven there. Im glad of all the work you seem to be doing to solve the mystery. Keep up the good work! [emoji106]

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FinderKeeper, may I just remind you that this is the Nova Scotia government you will be dealing with if you go the museum route. According to them, if anything of value is found on the land or under the water around here, they own it. Could you not hire a private archaeologist and skip the museums, or anything remotely connected with government, on this issue for now? Mind you the universities still have some semblance of autonomy here, so hopefully one of them can be of assistance. Good luck to you!

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
João Alfonso - Portuguese explorer - the first I believe to refer to Norumbega in the New World. Interesting that.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am pretty sure that Canada is a word that is Spanish or Portugese of origin

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Champlain attributed a cross he found in Advocat Harbour to the journey of Fagundes, also Portuguese, at least seven decades before he made his journey.

I had been searching for more information on that "cross". Can I ask where you found that?

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread