Tunnels and more just found in New Ross, N.S.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya I am aware of the laws on found treasure , if its the Templar Treasure I don't want it or own it , it belongs to everyone. How ever I do own the mineral rights to this site and any gem stones un cut, gold nuggets or gold dust, diamonds uncut, etc belong to me. I believe the Templars found enough gold in Gold River to cover the towers of the castle. If this story is true then they have a lot stored away. This gold again is not part of any treasure from another country.
I did post a map picture of the site on the first post, check it out . Many more pictures will be posted.
FinderKeeper, may I just remind you that this is the Nova Scotia government you will be dealing with if you go the museum route. According to them, if anything of value is found on the land or under the water around here, they own it. Could you not hire a private archaeologist and skip the museums, or anything remotely connected with government, on this issue for now? Mind you the universities still have some semblance of autonomy here, so hopefully one of them can be of assistance. Good luck to you!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Charlie, that is what I have always been taught and what I have always read. Canada means, in a sense, "the village". I'd hate to lose that, as for many of us Canadians, the meaning is quite special. Cheers

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FinderKeeper, thank you very much for posting that map picture. I appreciate you having shared it, as it led me back to my old maps again. This is fun isn't it!

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can see that 3 houses have been built over the tower foundations that had a well in them. At the top of the Castle shape is the Holy Well and a tower was at this site to. If you google measure the distance from the stone pile in the field that could be a round church down to the castle it will be around 996' . Now the distance depends on what tower you pick and their should be a room at both ends of that tunnel.
FinderKeeper, thank you very much for posting that map picture. I appreciate you having shared it, as it led me back to my old maps again. This is fun isn't it!

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Charlie, that is what I have always been taught and what I have always read. Canada means, in a sense, "the village". I'd hate to lose that, as for many of us Canadians, the meaning is quite special. Cheers

There is a section of Ottawa called Kanata.
Did you see my question to you on the cross found by Champlain earlier on this thread? I knew the location of its discovery from his logs, but I could not find where Champlain himself thought it had come from.
Cheers, Loki

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is a section of Ottawa called Kanata.
Did you see my question to you on the cross found by Champlain earlier on this thread? I knew the location of its discovery from his logs, but I could not find where Champlain himself thought it had come from.
Cheers, Loki

Hi Loki,

A fair amount is second hand at the moment, but here's a start - the names have changed a great deal from what Champlain recorded in his voyages eg. Norumbegue River
Marshland: Records of Life on the Tantramar
https://archive.org/details/voyagessam00chamrich

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Loki,

A fair amount is second hand at the moment, but here's a start - the names have changed a great deal from what Champlain recorded in his voyages eg. Norumbegue River
Marshland: Records of Life on the Tantramar
https://archive.org/details/voyagessam00chamrich

Yes, I know about various name changes. Early on in my research of the Holy Grail in NS I spent some time looking into this cross Champlain had found. Premising that the Templars vacated Charing Cross (New Ross) and taking their artifacts into Annapolis Basin, I had speculated that they may have left that Cross. I do doubt it now, but I would still like to find out more about it as Champlain is still considered to have been the first Christian to investigate the Bay of Fundy.
Cheers, Loki

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have located the cross that you speak of. Its still on site. With the help of Joan Hope and Ron Harris I believe we can now tell the complete story of this stone . This is how New Ross ended up with its name but there is a lot more to the story of the Stone Cross.
Yes, I know about various name changes. Early on in my research of the Holy Grail in NS I spent some time looking into this cross Champlain had found. Premising that the Templars vacated Charing Cross (New Ross) and taking their artifacts into Annapolis Basin, I had speculated that they may have left that Cross. I do doubt it now, but I would still like to find out more about it as Champlain is still considered to have been the first Christian to investigate the Bay of Fundy.
Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Champlain passed through in 1603 with François Gravé Du Pont's expedition serving as cartographer (the one where he charted and named "Baie Française",which is now called "The Bay of Fundy") and came back in 1605 leading his own, and hung around until his death in 1615. That's about 75 years after Jaques Cartier went up the St. Lawrence.

The French Jesuits had established a mission in Penobscot Bay by 1608 and also had one in Port Royal (shared with de Champlain as a base camp) and were travelling with the Huron into the interior around that time.

What year did Champlain find the cross? I haven't come across a reference to it. I do find reference that he raised at least one himself.

Champlain, after a journey of some two hundred miles from the St. Lawrence, up the channel and over the portages around the numerous falls of the Ottawa, reached Allumette Island in that river. Here Champlain raised a cross of cedar, to which he attached the arms of France; not succeeding, however, in the main purpose of his journey.

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Champlain passed through in 1603 with François Gravé Du Pont's expedition serving as cartographer (the one where he charted and named "Baie Française",which is now called "The Bay of Fundy") and came back in 1605 leading his own, and hung around until his death in 1615. That's about 75 years after Jaques Cartier went up the St. Lawrence.

The French Jesuits had established a mission in Penobscot Bay by 1608 and also had one in Port Royal (shared with de Champlain as a base camp) and were travelling with the Huron into the interior around that time.

What year did Champlain find the cross? I haven't come across a reference to it. I do find reference that he raised at least one himself.

I would have to back through his journals, but I think 1606. Champlain established Port Royal in 1605. Also, FK, I believe this to be a different cross than the one you have found.
Cheers, Loki

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cross we have is 5' tall and carved in stone.
I would have to back through his journals, but I think 1606. Champlain established Port Royal in 1605. Also, FK, I believe this to be a different cross than the one you have found.
Cheers, Loki

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie, Columbus was way late on the scale of things Finders Keepers, a mining concession and a tresure trove permit can clash, they are separate,make sure that you are proteceted. I have this problem down here.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya the cross we have was found by Joan and its still on site on the castle grounds. I believe New Ross got its name from this stone . If its at New Ross and its 5' long carved in stone then this is the stone New Ross got its name from. This stone has a lot more story behind it .
Would I be correct in assuming that the cross you mention is the one discovered by Joan? The one I am discussing was found by Champlain on the other side of the Province in 1606, and of either wood or iron.
Cheers, Loki

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow a stone cross ! That's impressive.

I hope to see the shape and look of it so we can find out its origins.

Will help to separate the confusion between the multiple treasures that are in the area.

Will you post a pic of the Cross alone?

Just so we can all bow down :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Pretty Please? :headbang:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow a stone cross ! That's impressive.

I hope to see the shape and look of it so we can find out its origins.

Will help to separate the confusion between the multiple treasures that are in the area.

Will you post a pic of the Cross alone?

Just so we can all bow down :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Pretty Please? :headbang:

Actually, if its Joan Hope's, its a large stone with a cross carved into it.
Cheers, Loki

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
penhill%20mini%20grave.jpg 1906-find.jpg slabs-x-door-of-st-marys1.jpg
These pictures are from Europe , Old Templar Graves

cbplanofpits.jpg Helm 2.jpg cbporticofoundations.jpg This is what Joan found in her back yard, at end of Norse Hall. The Herm was with the N stone at first then moved to lower part of the yard. Check out the writing Joan has below the drawing.

The stone is the Celtic Herm stone she found. Its 4' long and has a cross carved into it , but that's not all the story. The cross is 4' long way to long for it to be a cross. Ron Harris ( Joans Husband ) told me a few weeks ago that the Herm is carved full length. THAT MAKES IT A SWORD.:occasion14: Why carve it full length then stand it up and burry 1/2 of it. The Herm is a Templar Grave Plate, one of two found at the site. The two burial sites were located at the end of Norse Hall. The Herm was one of the Grave markers but was moved to another part of the yard to make another burial burn site . If you look at the Tree of Life and lay it out over the castle site and you can see both grave sites are on the cross . One to the right and one to the left. The Death Area is just below this. I have posted some Templar Graves from Europe to show you why the drawings Joan Made look 100% like Templar Grave Plates. These Graves were made fast , it looks like they had little time to do the same kind of carvings like in Europe so something must of happen for them to make them crude. I believe they all died from the Bubonic Pledge and if this is true then the 2 sites located on the arms of the cross are burn sites to burn the bodies and place them in the area of Death. Joan found ash and smaller bones at both grave sites. So I believe they had 2 grave stones side by side then moved one so they could burn more bodies faster. The Herm was found later and stood up, that's when the town got its name. Ya , I am sure a lot of people will not agree with this but it works for me. Check out my first post for updates.
Actually, if its Joan Hope's, its a large stone with a cross carved into it.
Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The stone is the Celtic Herm stone she found. Its 4' long and has a cross carved into it , but that's not all the story. The cross is 4' long way to long for it to be a cross. Ron Harris ( Joans Husband ) told me a few weeks ago that the Herm is carved full length. THAT MAKES IT A SWORD.:occasion14: Why carve it full length then stand it up and burry 1/2 of it. The Herm is a Templar Grave Plate, one of two found at the site. The two burial sites were located at the end of Norse Hall. The Herm was one of the Grave markers but was moved to another part of the yard to make another burial burn site . If you look at the Tree of Life and lay it out over the castle site and you can see both grave sites are on the cross . One to the right and one to the left. The Death Area is just below this. I have posted some Templar Graves from Europe to show you why the drawings Joan Made look 100% like Templar Grave Plates. These Graves were made fast , it looks like they had little time to do the same kind of carvings like in Europe so something must of happen for them to make them crude. I believe they all died from the Bubonic Pledge and if this is true then the 2 sites located on the arms of the cross are burn sites to burn the bodies and place them in the area of Death. Joan found ash and smaller bones at both grave sites. So I believe they had 2 grave stones side by site then moved one so they could burn more bodies faster. The Herm was found later and stood up, that's when the town got its name. Ya , I am sure a lot of people will not agree with this but it works for me. Check out my first post for updates.

I have a couple of problems with your theories. Firstly, you mention the original name for New Ross was "The Cross" named from the stone with the cross Joan found, but I have a book called the "History of New Ross" by Mrs Leopold of New Ross that claims the original name was "Charing Cross". I also have a photo of a gun emplacement there on a concrete stand with the words "Charing Cross" on it. Remember, Joan herself considered it to have been called Charing Cross, after the name of the location in London. The poor quality of carving could also be related to the possibility that more experienced stone cutters did not make the trip. Keep posting, its all very interesting.
Cheers, Loki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread