OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who would dig a hole 12' wide, then line it with 4' of cut stone for the walls , then dig a 1000' trench to bring water to it as a storage tank. This summer we hope to scan the well to see if it goes 90' deep and if it does , WHO WOULD BUILD something this big and for what. Thank You[/QUOTE]
I think someone build the well with 4' stone cut walls so it could hold a lot of weight above it. Now in a castle there is a building or tower that is built bigger and better for the last place to hold up if the enemy made it into the castle. This would be called the Keep. All the food, water , and weapons would be at this site. To have a well in the Keep would be great and this well could hold a GREAT amount of water. I would think if there was a treasure this would be the place to hide it, maybe down in the well at 90' :occasion14: it will cost a fortune to find out.

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again, the title of the thread is, "Templar Vault Chamber located in New Ross, Nova Scotia". We are still waiting on the factual evidence that a Templar Treasure Vault was actually found. Please change the name of the thread to, "We think we might have a found a Templar Vault in New Ross, Nova Scotia but are still making it up as we go along" is no actual evidence is available.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Again, the title of the thread is, "Templar Vault Chamber located in New Ross, Nova Scotia". We are still waiting on the factual evidence that a Templar Treasure Vault was actually found. Please change the name of the thread to, "We think we might have a found a Templar Vault in New Ross, Nova Scotia but are still making it up as we go along" is no actual evidence is available.

Again, FinderKeeper, thinks he found a "Templar Vault Chamber located in New Ross, Nova Scotia". He will do more investigating and perhaps eventually be able to prove it. In the meantime I believe he can call this thread "Templar Vault Chamber located in New Ross, Nova Scotia", if he wishes. But, of course not being a moderator I have no say in the matter. Perhaps you do, have you become a moderator?

Cheers, Loki

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Singlestack , The title is correct its your thinking that I need to change. Now if we had a void down under in a field then I would say you were right with your thinking. Now lets say we have a void at 90' down under in the woods like on Oak Island, again I would agree with you. But we have a 24' void 90' down under a castle site , at the bottom of a well made with hand cut stones. THAT SAYS TEMPLAR VAULT CHAMBER to me :tongue3:

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Singlestack , The title is correct its your thinking that I need to change. Now if we had a void down under in a field then I would say you were right with your thinking. Now lets say we have a void at 90' down under in the woods like on Oak Island, again I would agree with you. But we have a 24' void 90' down under a castle site , at the bottom of a well made with hand cut stones. THAT SAYS TEMPLAR VAULT CHAMBER to me :tongue3:

Your argument relies on the "castle" at New Ross actually being a castle. That has yet to be proven.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your argument relies on the "castle" at New Ross actually being a castle. That has yet to be proven.
Can you prove to me that there is NO CASTLE AT NEW ROSS. I proved there is a castle at this site to my crew , my friends and to a growing amount of treasure hunters from all over who believe their could be a castle or something major at this site. This post is for them. I let them know what we found and what we plan to do . I been talking with Sean from Culture and Heritage and he said it will take a major find to get this site looked at by them. Not just some pottery, stones , bones or anything small that could be planted at the site to waste everyone's time . He said when we call them it better be a great find. Some time this summer I hope to do just that , I think a tunnel or one of the 4 vault chambers should do it. I may not have proved it to you or the rest of the world yet , but things like this take time.

Sean Weseloh McKeane
Coordinator, Special Places
Communities, Culture and Heritage
1741 Brunswick St. 3rd floor P.O. Box 456 Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada B3J 2R5
Tel.: 902-424-6475

Last edited:

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you prove to me that there is NO CASTLE AT NEW ROSS....

Can you prove to me that there is no Easter Bunny? No you can't. You can't prove a negative. You made a claim, so it's up to you to prove it, and you haven't done so, except to your friends and family. You do not KNOW that there is a castle at New Ross. You BELIEVE that there is a castle at New Ross.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you prove to me that there is no Easter Bunny? No you can't. You can't prove a negative. You made a claim, so it's up to you to prove it, and you haven't done so, except to your friends and family. You do not KNOW that there is a castle at New Ross. You BELIEVE that there is a castle at New Ross.
If you do not believe in the Easter Bunny or the Castle in New Ross what are you doing here :icon_scratch:. I think their is a post on Easter Bunny's :bunny:check it out. Thanks for stopping by.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you do not believe in the Easter Bunny or the Castle in New Ross what are you doing here :icon_scratch:. I think their is a post on Easter Bunny's :bunny:check it out. Thanks for stopping by.

I came here looking for some evidence to support your claim that a Templar vault had been located in New Ross. Seems that there is as much evidence for the existence of this vault as there is for the Easter Bunny.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So any stones with markings found in the bottom of a well grotto automatically mean "Templar Vault". You are starting to sound like the brothers on Oak Island. The Superstition Mountains thread has less bs.

NostraDanis

Feb 16, 2014
The Bluegrass
Primary Interest:
Other
Being a contrarian on the internet is very, very easy. Asking someone for additional evidence from a site that is clearly in a northern climate during the winter, non-digging season, seems disingenuous or ignorant.

If I were interested in things that have clearly defined, concrete solutions I think I would pursue things like mathematics or other fields that provided those kinds of rewards, not something like treasure hunting. The whole concept of the hunt requires speculation and projection, which is where the fun lies for some of us, I think. The conclusion or solution does not present itself at the outset - that's the whole point!

On the other hand, I hope for the best for those who are apparently being held at gunpoint and forced to read an internet discussion thread they do not like or agree with. Hopefully you will be freed from your captors soon!

Smithbrown

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
FinderKeeper started the thread himself, off his own bat; no one force him to do it. He could have waited until he had something concrete to announce. The choice was his to start on his hunch. And it was last August- do the snows and frosts start so early in Nova Scotia?

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
OK, Lets talk about the fortress and see were this goes :BangHead:. Do I think there is a Castle at the New Ross site , YES . Do I think it was built by the Templars, YES . So fire away with questions. :notworthy:

Many apologies. My work schedule over the last few weeks could be charitably called unreasonable, but now I have a few days before the shenanigans begin again.

Okay, questions. Just shooting from the hip here:

1. What is a castle? (Your definition, not anyone else's, but anyone else's is fine if you're happy with it.)
2. How long does it take to build one?
3. How many people do you think would be involved in such an undertaking?

I ask because I look at Hope's sketches, I do a little mental arithmetic, and I see a long term mission in an area populated by people that don't like outsiders, and have good reason not to like outsiders. That's a tough way to build a castle and a tougher way to hide a treasure.

I did ask about Norse fortifications though, as this theory more or less relies on Norse manpower to make it work, and Hope thought that it was a Norse fortification. The Templar confusion didn't happen until later. Since we're sourcing Hope as an authority on this, my fourth question will be: what evidence here suggests that there was a Norse fortification on the site? This of course suggests a fifth question: if we're sourcing Hope, why is this a Templar castle?

I've been out of the game for a few weeks and I've missed a few things, I'm sure. I don't have the time to go through every single post, so I'm hoping that a sort of "blanket" response will draw the attention of the interested and that we'll get it all hashed out in a compressed time frame. Barring that, it will be a couple of weeks of more unreasonable work and then I'll be home again, and it's sounding like it may be just as unreasonable there as it is here, so please don't count on me as being a regular on this forum for a bit. I love the discussion but work is work.

It's come to my attention again that Hope's book is no longer being hosted, and I think that this is a shame. I'm not in contact with her estate, but I know that others are. Is there a reason that this is off the internet?

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many apologies. My work schedule over the last few weeks could be charitably called unreasonable, but now I have a few days before the shenanigans begin again.

It's come to my attention again that Hope's book is no longer being hosted, and I think that this is a shame. I'm not in contact with her estate, but I know that others are. Is there a reason that this is off the internet?
1. What is a castle? (Your definition, not anyone else's, but anyone else's is fine if you're happy with it.)
2. How long does it take to build one? ??? I am not sure this castle was ever finished from what I saw.
3. How many people do you think would be involved in such an undertaking? No idea

I ask because I look at Hope's sketches, I do a little mental arithmetic, and I see a long term mission in an area populated by people that don't like outsiders, and have good reason not to like outsiders. That's a tough way to build a castle and a tougher way to hide a treasure. If the locals did not like them , that's all the more reason to hide it . I am not sure about your statement about the locals , I thought they liked the Vikings, and the Templars

I did ask about Norse fortifications though, as this theory more or less relies on Norse manpower to make it work, and Hope thought that it was a Norse fortification. The Templar confusion didn't happen until later. Since we're sourcing Hope as an authority on this, my fourth question will be: what evidence here suggests that there was a Norse fortification on the site? This of course suggests a fifth question: if we're sourcing Hope, why is this a Templar castle? Well Ron and Joan both said Vikings and Norse, but from what I see on site I say its a Templar Castle. I found things that Joan did not know of . Then the layout of the foundation is just like the tree of life. The two grave stones found had Templar carvings that show they were on site. And the two graves are on the arms of the tree of life cross along with other finds that show the cross does have some Templar planning behind it. This and a lot more tells me its a Templar Castle site but could the Vikings or Norse have been here first ?? :icon_scratch: . Then the Templars took it over :dontknow: . Is there info I am holding back on YES, Why should I tell everything I know , what would it get me. The Government will take everything we find, treasure, artifacts you name it, its gone
. So what do we get ???? movie, book, TV Series . and the right to say we did it. We took up the chase when no one wanted it and set history back on course.
I've been out of the game for a few weeks and I've missed a few things, I'm sure. I don't have the time to go through every single post, so I'm hoping that a sort of "blanket" response will draw the attention of the interested and that we'll get it all hashed out in a compressed time frame. Barring that, it will be a couple of weeks of more unreasonable work and then I'll be home again, and it's sounding like it may be just as unreasonable there as it is here, so please don't count on me as being a regular on this forum for a bit. I love the discussion but work is work.

It's come to my attention again that Hope's book is no longer being hosted, and I think that this is a shame. I'm not in contact with her estate, but I know that others are. Is there a reason that this is off the internet?[/QUOTE] Lisa Stone has shut down Joans web site and Ron has tried to get it up again but I was told Lisa wants to sell the site for a lot of money. She said she shut it down because of the bad reviews and will only give out info to anyone willing to help with the cause. I was the last person that got info from her.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FinderKeeper started the thread himself, off his own bat; no one force him to do it. He could have waited until he had something concrete to announce. The choice was his to start on his hunch. And it was last August- do the snows and frosts start so early in Nova Scotia?
Its best to go public with info like this before someone says hay that's my idea and Finders Keepers took my idea. To many stories out there and mine are way different from the rest . Now I know how Joan felt when she started this castle find and went public. Joan came out with ideas of a castle that to this day people don't believe her story. BUT guess what , ITS HER STORY and NO ONE CAN CLAIM IT. and I have my story of the work I've done and now that I went public no one can claim what I said. If someday there is proof of a castle at this site Joan Hope and everyone that help her will go down in the history books.

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

The choice is FinderKeeper's to make as to what he decides to post and when he decides to do it. The choice of reading them is yours. What I am having a difficult time in understanding, as I have been for quite some time, is the antagonism inherent in posts I find here. The level of derision is really quite wrong and not conducive to the sharing of knowledge and ideas. I have been quietly following FinderKeeper's posts and while I confess to not being in agreement with what he is theorizing, I may be proven wrong and wouldn't it be wonderful if I was!

Schlechter

Jan 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I'm just tired of sitting on edge waiting to hear about what you can confirm once you really start digging (or scanning) under the topsoil. I think many of us are getting restless and just want to hear some updated results.

I understand that you do need to get something out of all your efforts and I totally agree with it, I'd rather the government have to pay you whatever you felt was reasonable for your efforts. The only way they should get to just take it is if they funded the project in the first place.

I also hope that we don't have to be put through a painstaking tv show like the Oak Island show in order to get the results. Just remember to keep your camera's rolling as often as you can, if something truly unique or strange does occur that will be your proof before it has the chance to vanish before your eyes and you are called a looney.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
??? I am not sure this castle was ever finished from what I saw.

Be that as it may, how long does it take to build one? And what is a castle?

I don't require exact answers here. It's a mental exercise. Very few people know how long it takes to build a castle. That's why I'm asking. The folks that don't know, but are curious, will go and look it up. It's longer than most people nowadays think. I'll give the spoiler answer in a few days after everyone has had some time to research this.

So what you're telling me is that you're convinced that there's a castle somewhere, but you haven't told me what a castle is, you don't know how long it takes to build one, and you have no idea how many people would be required to build one?

If the locals did not like them , that's all the more reason to hide it .

If the locals did not like them, that's all the more reason to hide it somewhere else.

I am not sure about your statement about the locals , I thought they liked the Vikings, and the Templars.

Based on what? Not what the Norse were writing, that's for sure. Was there another source of information showing that the Norse greeted people that weren't Norse in a respectful and friendly manner? Or did they simply kill them and grab slaves whenever they had the chance?

(Hint: They wrote about it. We don't really have to guess about how they treated other people.)

Well Ron and Joan both said Vikings and Norse, but from what I see on site I say its a Templar Castle.

If you're going to appeal to their authority in order to win an argument, they have to be correct. Are they correct? If not (and they are not, as I've been saying for...sheesh, I guess it's a couple of years now), you can no longer invoke their names as an appeal to authority. I'm glad that we agree that they're probably incorrect about the nature of what they found in their yard.

Now that we've established that whatever it is that's in their yard is not a "Viking" castle, and presumably that leprechauns don't steal cars, what else might they have been wrong about?

So what do we get ???? movie, book, TV Series . and the right to say we did it.

You sound bitter. If you're not in it simply to be known as the person who changed history, why even get involved? You don't seriously think that there's anything valuable there, do you?

We took up the chase when no one wanted it and set history back on course.

That's debatable.

Lisa Stone has shut down Joans web site and Ron has tried to get it up again but I was told Lisa wants to sell the site for a lot of money. She said she shut it down because of the bad reviews and will only give out info to anyone willing to help with the cause. I was the last person that got info from her.

"...Lisa wants to sell the site for a lot of money. She said she shut it down because of the bad reviews and will only give out info to anyone willing to help the cause."

I invite the undecided to parse these sentences at their leisure. There is a lot to be learned here.

EDIT: Apologies for the occasional red text. I unintentionally corrected some of it while formulating my own responses, but I don't have the time to go through and fix all of it. It wasn't my doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread