Templar Vault Chamber located in New Ross, Nova Scotia

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK I am sure everyone wants to know why we think the void or chamber is made by the Knight Templars. Well from the info we posted in the post ( tunnels and more found ) I believe we showed proof of 2 Templar Graves, the Castle is in the shape of the Tree of Life, We found many hand cut stones of great quality, many tunnels that carry water to the site and a 996' tunnel that runs west to a round stone foundation that could be a Templar Church. Now we have a well 12' wide with 4' stone walls and 90' deep with a 24'vault chamber under it. Everything about this site says the Knight Templar's were here. Who else would build a well ( NOT A WELL BUT A HOLDING CHAMBER FOR WATER ) This is not a well like everyone thinks, the water is brought in so who ever dug this dug it dry and had plenty of time to work it. Then when ready they ran the water to it and this held a great amount of water ( for what reason). To flood tunnels or Vault Chambers. Its not a well. We believe the water was 90' deep when it was built but something happen for the Templars to fill it in. The 15' room could be a tunnel or smaller room, Not Sure. A lot of ground removal work was done in this area back in the 1960's by the neighbor Sanders. So if this was a escape tunnel most of it is caved in. A few years back Ron Harris asked me to look at Joan Hope's work and try to finish it. Well from what I see Joan Hope and Ron Harris were both right about what they found. This isn't just another Oak Island Money Pit its a new start for a new hunt for answers to what happen here.
----------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
News Release

Vaults found below New Ross holy well​
By Josh Woods​
The co-founders of Clearfield, Pa. based Finders Keepers claim to have located two vaults below the well at the alleged Castle of the Cross ruins in New Ross, Nova Scotia. Dennis and Kem Parada and their team used ground penetrating equipment to locate a 15-foot vault at a depth of 40 feet and a 25-foot vault at 90 feet.
Finders Keepers has made seven trips to the site since their appearance on History Channel's America Unearthed TV show. In the season finale entitled 'Hunt for the Holy Grail,' their team investigated a well at the site with the show's host, Scott Wolter. It is known locally as the "holy well" by the native Mi'kmaq people.
Joan and Ron Harris, landowners of the New Ross property from 1972-1990, uncovered stone features and artifacts while landscaping their yard. In a self-published book, Joan Harris attributed their findings to undocumented occupation predating Columbus' arrival in North America.
Dennis Parada supports the theory that Templar treasure was brought to New Ross by Vikings or Henry Sinclair, Earl of Orkney. It has been theorized Sinclair left Europe with the remnants of the Knights Templar
"This site is a duplicate of Rosslyn Chapel in Scotland," said Parada. "The elevation and cardinal direction of both sites match. At Rosslyn there's a 996-foot tunnel from the church to a castle. In New Ross, there's a 996-foot tunnel from the castle to a pile of megalithic stones, possibly marking the spot of a church." Rosslyn Chapel was founded by William Sinclair, 1st Earl of Caithness.
Dye tests conducted by Finders Keepers proved a manmade tunnel, located below the frost line at a depth of 5 feet, carries water from the top of the mountain to the "holy well." According to Parada, the well may have earned the moniker, because it is the only water in New Ross that is safe to drink. Other wells near the site are polluted by uranium in the bedrock, he said.
Joan Harris wrote the well was 50-60 feet deep. Parada measured the well's depth at 20 feet, indicating the there are several feet of Earth between the bottom and the previously undiscovered vaults.
"To locate a void 90 feet under the well is as good as it gets," said Parada. "Oak Island money pit was 90 feet deep. At Rosslyn Chapel they found a chamber at 90 feet with a tunnel."
Parada hopes to raise enough money to conduct a 3D scan of the vaults, which would show them in greater detail and pique the interest of archeologists. A 3D scan of the site could cost upwards of $15,000, he said.
"I want a museum with a team of archeologists or someone like that to come in and finish it," said Dennis Parada. "This is something that has to be done properly. I would not send my son or good friends in (the well). I do not want a repeat of the Oak Island Money Pit where several people died attempting to dig up treasure."
well drawing.JPG Check out our other post ( Tunnels and More found in New Ross ) on this site. It has a lot more info on what we found and plan to do.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is how the Holy Well looks today. It may look like many of the wells in New Ross now, but this one holds the answers to many questions about what happen to the Knight Templars.

Attachments

• Holy Well  3.jpg
    Holy Well 3.jpg
    483.2 KB · Views: 2,877
Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well well well. theres hope in that well. lol

so joan was onto something. how come she went all eclectic and made it into a hippie commune if it was intended to be discovered by here and her entourage?

seems someone was not too concerned with the formalities and tried to live it up as a recluse. thats no way to hide something that important.

should look into the affairs that landed her there with the knowledge she had.

and then go look for the ufos!

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

so joan was onto something. how come she went all eclectic and made it into a hippie commune if it was intended to be discovered by here and her entourage?

seems someone was not too concerned with the formalities and tried to live it up as a recluse. thats no way to hide something that important.

You shouldn't belittle Joan. She did attempt to bring her discoveries to light, but I don't think she fully understood what her finds represented. Actually, IMHO, nobody does yet. Btw, I did see the photo of the grizzly bear protecting the well.
Cheers, Loki

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Eldo, you are so wrong about Joan, she did not turn the site into a hippie commune, I don't know were you got that info. The hippies were living there before she moved in. Joan was in her 50's when she bought the house. A friend or two would stop by and camp in the yard at times and that's the picture you see on her web site but she was far from being a hippie or running a commune.:icon_scratch:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Eldo, you are so wrong about Joan, she did not turn the site into a hippie commune, I don't know were you got that info. The hippies were living there before she moved in. Joan was in her 50's when she bought the house. A friend or two would stop by and camp in the yard at times and that's the picture you see on her web site but she was far from being a hippie or running a commune.:icon_scratch:

I hope you didnt take my comments as a troll's.

I really know very little of what I have heard about the place in the past.

Must have read the article about her from a critic who posted some negative sounding stuff about her and the area and assumed that she was the one throwing the parties.

I am sure that the stuff I wrote above was all in good faith, was just curious.

I meant it is strange to me that she was going on her research but nobody really knew she was around then up in Nova Scotia.

Seemed somewhat like a private affair was all I am saying.

BTW I do believe in UFO's. LOL

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
What method was used to confirm the original depth of the well at 90'? If I missed an earlier post, I apologize. It just seems a bit of a coincidence to me. And I would like to be able to rule this out before I myself would proceed.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We used a GPL for 3hrs on one side of the well to make sure of its depth and size, then 3hrs on the other side . Our pins were 190' apart. I am 100% correct on a void at 90' and 40' . we done this on different trips over 3 years. On Joans web site she said the well was 60' deep. I talked to Ron Harris and John Neuss and both were on site when she did the measurement. They said it was 60' deep in 1970' Now its only 20' deep.????? An interior wall of the well must of fell in. We see traps in a arch we found. I am sure there are other traps in the walls.

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
And 40 years of silt would add the the fill of the well shaft. Is it possible a large section blocks the shaft at that section, leading the remaining 40 feet open? If the shaft has collapsed, the material is completely saturated, and dangerous to attempt an opening, as encountered at Oak Island. However, this time, a more cautious approach should be made, to avoid the "sinkhole" created again like Oak Island.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And 40 years of silt would add the the fill of the well shaft. Is it possible a large section blocks the shaft at that section, leading the remaining 40 feet open? If the shaft has collapsed, the material is completely saturated, and dangerous to attempt an opening, as encountered at Oak Island. However, this time, a more cautious approach should be made, to avoid the "sinkhole" created again like Oak Island.
Their is no water or air pocket below the 20' of water, just the 2 vaults that show up as tunnel/ cave/ void. We shot the GPL down the well at 10' sections, 30',40',50',60',70',80',90' then we went sideways (left ) at 10' shots . We could not shoot to see the with of the 90' vault. There was not enough room to even get close to doing the job. There is a road next to the well with drain pipes and water pipes and the ground is 20' lower . This is why we need a 3D scan done.

Last edited:

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh, wouldn't it be nice to see the GPR scan over the well showing the solid walls, and the disturbed sediment extending below the 50-60 foot(Harris claim)? Also, what is the makeup of the soil around the well? Does it support the idea that water could leech in to the surrounding area, and that disturbing the area by drilling a test hole or side shaft would cause a collapse? Long story short, if the ground would allow it, then maybe it would be more cost/time effective to drill a test hole away from the well aiming for the depth of the void. this will tell you the makeup of the ground to be studied. If you hit ground water, then removal of debris in the well may start a flooding of the shaft as you progress down. The earlier drawing depicts a stone lined shaft leading down to the void. Do we know this to be true of the well? Again, if it was mentioned before I apologize if I missed it. I am just trying to develop my own idea of approach, without disturbing the area at the site, and when I finish, I will submit it here to you and everyone else to review and add to or retract from.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No water in this area. The only water in the castle area is brought in 5' under ground in a trench. The ground under the town and the castle in 100% solid dry hard high grade clay, 120' deep then bedrock. We drilled many 20' holes at the site with 3 different rigs, then we dug a 12' deep hole just 2' from the stone walls of the well and the clay stayed dry. The backhoe operator called his boss to come and see this dry hole with the walls staying hard and straight with no cave in. Ya everyone took pictures but me.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some background reading on New Ross - Saint Mary's University | - from St. Mary's University of Nova Scotia.

No water in this area.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
This is how the Holy Well looks today. It may look like many of the wells in New Ross now, but this one holds the answers to many questions about what happen to the Knight Templars.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Does that mean that [/FONT]all[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif] the wells in the area are treasure vaults rather than water wells??[/FONT]

Last edited:

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Remember when things seem the most promising, is usually before they fall apart. I would still scan first, drill second. For example, a layer of hard packed dirt over say.. a sandy layer holds weight. If the shaft collapses at a lower level, the sandy soil will continue to collapse until the hole made is made full again. It will still do so every time the dirt is removed. All the while the hard pack will keep adding weight to a now less stable area. sooner or later it will collapse in a very bad way. Be careful, and be safe. It's been there this long, a little while longer won't hurt.

NostraDanis

Feb 16, 2014
The Bluegrass
Primary Interest:
Other
Some background reading on New Ross - Saint Mary's University | - from St. Mary's University of Nova Scotia.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Does that mean that [/FONT]all[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif] the wells in the area are treasure vaults rather than water wells??[/FONT]

Charlie, you have always struck me as a clever fellow. Surely, you can't consider this student's paper as legitimate "background".

It could well serve as an example of how to pose a one-sided argument with all the usual suspects; only interviewing those who strongly support your position, cherry-picking opposing statements, omitting facts that don't support you, presenting speculation and opinion as fact, etc.

Truth be told, I read this piece a few years ago and thought it was a pretty weak piece of propaganda then. I'm not saying I know the story of New Ross, but neither does the writer of that "background" article.

cavdetect

Feb 18, 2013
Mt. Laurel, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I apologize I don't know nearly enough to weigh in, however I look forward to reading/learning more with a purely open mind

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy hearing from Franklin and reading reports from Student papers that think they know it all yet they bring nothing new to this form. If they would go and do something and post it here so we can read what it is they discovered so we can judge their work. Come on Frank you did not break any Beale Codes and you found nothing in your hunts , just a good story to tell , then you cut every one up when they find something and that make you feel bigger. People like you is what keeps me going. I will prove Joan Hope was right, this is going to happen soon. You backed down on doing the Discovery Beale TV series , WHY , because you never broke the codes. I was the only person that was willing to do the show and prove what I say , No ONE from Treasure Net would. What are the experts going to say if Joan Hope work turns out to be right. I guess they will look bad and then its time we look at the work all the experts did over the years to see if they knew anything or just followed what one expert said just to follow another. A GPL and LRL Locator work only as good as the person using it , sorry for your loss. This hunt is for real treasure hunters stay in Va.

Did not Finderkeepers claim that there was gold near the well, dug on National Television and found nothing. They were using a LRL locator that technically does not work. The GPL does not give any definitive answers either and their study can not be trusted. Whether a GPR will revea; anything at all, I truly doubt. Sounds like a wishing well to me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right about the TV crews, so you should know what you see may not be what happen. On the show we did locate gold, and its there. We did locate a room under the well , and its there. None of this was on the show. Why, because of GREED, by Scott , Land Owner, and guest on the show. Everyone wanted to dig the room up and grab what they can. That was not going to happen when the site was in my name to explore only. Digging was not going to happen but Scott had a backhoe hidden 1/2 mile away. Scott was selling the book, movie, and TV rights on site while we film. He said it was his find. So that night we decided to change the location for the drilling rig to drill , because I paid for the rig. Next day when the rig showed up I set them up in another spot. Scott was pissed, ya we had words. That's why I looked pissed. I told Scott we made a mistake and the room was in another spot. We knew the room was there but we had to do what was best for the site. Ya we looked bad on the show but we knew when we came back we would open the room and do it right. What happen next was by mistake , The drill rig drilled 3 holes and at the 3rd hole we hit a 1 3/4 " gold nugget 20' down. The drill hole video is on our web site. We could not get to it and we did not own the mineral rights to this area so we let it set. It took us $$$$ to set up a Mining office in Nova Scotia then we leased all the mineral rights under New Ross. We been back to the site 7 times since the show. So when you say we found nothing, WRONG but who knew:thumbsup:

At the time of filming we thought the room was 20' down because the water was 20' down. For the first year of work drilling and digging was done at 20'. When we found out how deep the room was , we held off on doing a dig until we tracked most of the tunnels looking for the 2 other Vaults. Did we find them :dontknow::occasion14::dontknow:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread