Paintings with clues to hidden treasure

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if we can pool some Info's together to list known paintings that might be holding clues to hidden treasure .It would be great for armchair treasure hunters as literally all paintings nowadays can be viewed online on art websites..

Here are some suggestion for a start..

1)The shepherds of Arcadia by the french painter Nicolas Poussin
This painting is believed by some to hold clues to the so called Knight Templar lost treasure...but the painter himself has also been associated with the Rerenne le Chateau treasure mystery....

2)the Battle of Marciano in Val di Chiana- a mural by Vasari painted in a hall called "the Hall of the Five Hundred" in the Palazzo Vecchio, Florence,,...Recently it is believed that this mural painting may hide underneath it a lost painting by Leonardo da Vinci called The Battle of Anghiari.In the Mural a certain clue(left by vasari) has been discovered that suggests the lost Leonardo could be underneath the Vasari Mural.This lost Leonardo if found is a priceless artwork.

3)Though it may not be catagorized as standard painting the LUE map is also an art that holds a clue to hidden cache of gold in the Ricky mountains by the Spanish..( note:the Nazi connection to the LUE map has been ascribed to be wrong by leading researchers)

Please continue to add some more treasure related paintings

TT

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tintin treasure,:coffee2: ever see the painting with the old man sitting at his table with his bread and soup,and he is praying, he is praying for a better life than all the years he wasted treasure hunting,np:cat:

OP
OP
T

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tintin treasure,:coffee2: ever see the painting with the old man sitting at his table with his bread and soup,and he is praying, he is praying for a better life than all the years he wasted treasure hunting,np:cat:

Thanks. I like that,,:).You brought back memories from my childhood as we used to have that painting in our home..
TT

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
MAYBE, I'll start painting again... my older brother wants me to; GREAT Idea! FIRST... the BEALE TREASURE; then SILVER MINES of J. SWIFT. Hmmm... :laughing7: 8-)

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

That old man praying must have been doing the treasure hunting wrong - there are no years wasted in treasure hunting! :tongue3:

REB - absolutely you should be painting again. Not everyone has that talent, so in a way it is wrong NOT to, if you are able to create such works of art.

Interesting topic Tintin, had never heard of those examples you listed, please do continue! :thumbsup:

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know a man that has a picture of a nude lady that once hung over a bar, that somone painted over her so that she is no longer nude, hmmm, does that qualify ??

Will have to ask OrO.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That old man praying must have been doing the treasure hunting wrong - there are no years wasted in treasure hunting! :tongue3:

REB - absolutely you should be painting again. Not everyone has that talent, so in a way it is wrong NOT to, if you are able to create such works of art.

Interesting topic Tintin, had never heard of those examples you listed, please do continue! :thumbsup:

For the shepherds of Arcadia painting, the version of the painting on the monument found on the grounds of Shugborough Hall in Staffordshire, England has been associated with the templar treasure,,there is a documentary on youtube
On the knight templar treasure associating this painting and in general Nicolas Poussin to the overall mystery
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L3Ex8Uf9rKs

TT

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

TY, Oro... Think "Justin" would be good...

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:coffee2:maybe he spent to much time sitting at the table,np:cat:

OP
OP
T

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question TT, how do you know if there is a hidden message under the last / latest painting without destroying it ??

I know that strappd artists often recycled used canvas / paintings.

Tayopa
The obscure clue that was found on Vasari's Mural is a small text "cerca trova",,which was not noticed for centuries until recently,,there is now a controversy whether the process of getting the potential lost Leonardo painting would damage the Vasri painting on top...anyway check this articlcle for details about this amazing saga,including the historical intrigue of the lost painting itself,how it was initiated in the first place etc ,also below I put a wiki art encyclopedia for paintings.It may come in handy..

Leonardo & the Treasure-Hunt Instinct: TED Talk | The Secret History of Art / Noah Charney | BLOUIN ARTINFO Blogs
WikiArt.org - the encyclopedia of painting

TT

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Tayopa
The obscure clue that was found on Vasari's Mural is a small text "cerca trova",,which was not noticed for centuries until recently,,there is now a controversy whether the process of getting the potential lost Leonardo painting would damage the Vasri painting on top...anyway check this articlcle for details about this amazing saga,including the historical intrigue of the lost painting itself,how it was initiated in the first place etc ,also below I put a wiki art encyclopedia for paintings.It may come in handy..

Leonardo & the Treasure-Hunt Instinct: TED Talk | The Secret History of Art / Noah Charney | BLOUIN ARTINFO Blogs
WikiArt.org - the encyclopedia of painting

TT
Does Dan Brown know...?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread