Colorado Treasure Stories

dennisdunigan

Apr 8, 2007
Canon City, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Hello Hunters,
I sure could use any stories or books of legends of lost gold or Treasures in Colorado. If you know of any I would sure like to know of them. I am building a data base of maps and stories. Any very old maps would be great too. Any showing Spanish trails or stage routes. If you need info on some I already have I will be glad to share. Let's have some fun! Maybe even find something :)
Let me know.

Dennis

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Dennis,

What part of Colorado ? Let me know I will be glad to give a pointer. Be as specific as you feel comfortable being but get me as close as a couple hundred miles.

Western Colorado is my playground,
am glad to share with anyone.

I am pretty familiar with most of the legends and most of the myths.
Drop a PM if you need to. I check at least once per day.

Old Dog

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
If you are active in Colorado you probably have this reference. "Golden Treasures of San Juan" by Temple H. Cornelius (He has several other publications-e.g. Sheepherder Gold). His books are factual in content. He has a hard to read , rudimentary small map inside the cover showing Spanish trails in SW Colorado.

George

OP
OP
dennisdunigan

dennisdunigan

Apr 8, 2007
Canon City, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Thanks George,
It's a good one, I am trying to get many versions of stories so I can compare them. Your imput is very much appreacated. Thanks! If you know of any more please drop me a line. Again Thanks!!
Dennis

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can find a copy...

Guide to the Colorado Ghost Towns and Mining Camps
by Perry Eberhart

copyright 1959 Sage Books

Found mine in a thrift store. It shows everything that went ghost or abandoned before 1959. I've been working out of it for about 2 years now & have about 40 more to go!

ccj_colorado

Dec 14, 2019
Pueblo, CO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know of any good stories associated with the Front Range/Southern Colorado? I am from the Pueblo area and would appreciate any help I can get building my knowledge of the area as I plan to spend next summer in the mountains looking for gold/treasure.

Thanks

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are active in Colorado you probably have this reference. "Golden Treasures of San Juan" by Temple H. Cornelius (He has several other publications-e.g. Sheepherder Gold). His books are factual in content. He has a hard to read , rudimentary small map inside the cover showing Spanish trails in SW Colorado.

George

Its only hard to read because it has been copied over so many times. If you get an original printing, the map and all the photos are crystal clear. I once offered a relative of Temple's $500 for an autographed original printing, but they declined.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions