Alien Treasure Troves

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Ancient Aliens. Yes, this TV series is known for playing fast and loose with factual information and jumping to over-eager conclusions at times - we all know that. However, this recent episode centers on "treasure legends", which, as we also know, is plagued by similar over-enthusiasm. In any event, there are some interesting ideas presented, one of which is a hint that some sought-after treasures in the Southwest are not necessarily precious metals.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
The networks/producers will make anything about anything for any reason, no matter how stupid, as long as they can make money on it.

Our gene pool is littered with the gullible masses who believe whatever they see on the magic picture show now in HD.

OP
OP
sdcfia

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Our gene pool is littered with the gullible masses who believe whatever they see on the magic picture show now in HD.

Ha ha ... yeah, so true. Before electronic media, folks had to read to get ideas. Of course, they were just as curious and gullible then too, just not as lazy. Before the printing press, it was so much easier for everyone - the church just told people what to believe ... or else. Nowadays, it's more of a free-for-all. Bottom line: today, as always, most of what you know to be true is likely not.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just another reason that I am glad that I only have an antenna and not cable. Cable will rot your mine and take time away from detecting and research. Computers will rot your mine too, but at least I can do research, email and get on Treasure Net!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What? COWBOYS & ALIENS was not based on a true story!
Whaaaaa wait a minute! It wasn't?:tongue3:

Still waiting for the one where Giorgio Tsoukalos finds a used Q tip and Swears it's ancient alien technology. An ancient Venusian ear lubricating device given to the Egyptians so their ears wouldn't squeak.:laughing7: Wish he would find an ancient alien comb!:laughing7:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy shows that make you think.

It seems obvious to me that more advanced species were here before us, are here now, and will be here long after we are gone.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Whaaaaa wait a minute! It wasn't?:tongue3:

Still waiting for the one where Giorgio Tsoukalos finds a used Q tip and Swears it's ancient alien technology. An ancient Venusian ear lubricating device given to the Egyptians so their ears wouldn't squeak.:laughing7: Wish he would find an ancient alien comb!:laughing7:
HA! "aac"...? They were ALL "Bulb Heads"! NO combs needed; HUGE BRAINS, ya know...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
During the Great Airship Mystery of 1886-1887, when the west and mid-west reported sightings of "cigar shaped" airships, the DALLAS HERALD TIMES reporter, E E Hayden wrote about an alien craft that crashed in Aurora, Texas, April 19, 1887.
Hayden reported that a strange airship was seen flying above the town of Aurora, then "went to pieces with a terrific explosion" as it crashed into Judge J S Proctor's garden, destroying the Judge's windmill.
A small humanoid was recovered from the craft, disfigured from the crash, but it was claimed to be "not an inhabitant of this world".
The "alien" was buried in the Aurora Cemetery with a carved grave marker depicting the alien craft.
The grave marker remained until the 1970's , when it was stolen.
The Texas Historical Commission then placed a marker outside of the cemetery which relates this event, and still stands today.

Last edited:

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
One of my favorite Ancient Aliens episodes...Some good truth, more than Gold,Silver, and Jewels....

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I can relate....that's why I like it.lol

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It seems obvious to me that more advanced species were here before us, are here now, and will be here long after we are gone.
We've probably been here for a gazillion years, had wondrous technology that we've screwed up misused and destroyed our selves only to start over again and again. The advanced beings are laughing their rears off thinking maybe we'll learn something this time.:laughing7:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
We've probably been here for a gazillion years, had wondrous technology that we've screwed up misused and destroyed our selves only to start over again and again. The advanced beings are laughing their rears off thinking maybe we'll learn something this time.:laughing7:
Or NOT!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

The human draws too near to the truth of our domesticating his species. Have him reassimilated immediately.

space-cats--large-msg-135516304806.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions