an update on the mine El Naranjal

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loke, you posted -- Nature can play some nasty tricks

I'll have to ask you to keep Oro out of this.
:laughing7: He's ok, it's just that he is, well, Oro, and my friend ( yours also, which is why I allow him to go with you.) :occasion14: Hi to Beth, she's fair game also :laughing7:
OK - I _know_ that I'm wayyyy off the subject of 'Naranjal' - so I beg yalls indulgence for what I'm about to say:

What the heck does Oro have to do with 'nature playing nasty tricks' ???
Now - if you are suggesting that sock-coffee has summat to do with 'nature' (I guess some BO draining into said socks may be a natural cause), you might be right ... but I'll let you know one thing - he's the best cook around!! (which is a priceless property when you're out 'camping')
Just don't tell him I said that - might cause his head to grow bigger ...

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a kindle. Unfortunately it doesn't show the like button to like other posters posts so Don Jose and loke take it as read I've liked your posts

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
I use a kindle. Unfortunately it doesn't show the like button to like other posters posts so Don Jose and loke take it as read I've liked your posts

It is good to see you back amigo, hope all is well with you and looking forward to reading MORE of your posts! :thumbsup: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Hmm Loke may have been out in the desert TOO long, if he thought MY camp cooking was any good! :tongue3:

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Roy thanks I hope you and Beth are well.
I did write a much longer post but it timed out before I could reply.
Jose I agree you have a mine named EL naranjal you've posted a photo of the stone with the name engraved on there. but I'm not convinced for many reasons that it's the one dobbie talks about in his book.
I'll drag my old laptop out and use that to write a much longer post in my email box that way I can save it then cut and paste it here without it timing out.

John

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Furness,my friiend, a version of that is here in Alamos, Where Almada laid silver bars from his home in the Plaza to the church when a heavy rain storm made the streets to muddy for his daughters wedding at the church.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
All I can say is that he either had more silver bars than he knew what to do with, OR, he wanted to get rid of his daughter so bad that money was no object.
I thought Aluminum foil, or tin foil, was a fairly new concept , mid 1800's ?

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is that he either had more silver bars than he knew what to do with, OR, he wanted to get rid of his daughter so bad that money was no object.
I thought Aluminum foil, or tin foil, was a fairly new concept , mid 1800's ?

The celebrations using foil wrapped pieces of timber are recent not in the 1800s it was a tourist website. I'd gone through a number of sites when everything stopped working

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Furness,my friiend, a version of that is here in Alamos, Where Almada laid silver bars from his home in the Plaza to the church when a heavy rain storm made the streets to muddy for his daughters wedding at the church.
That sounds more likely than a celebration for a Don who used the Indio Labour in his mine and explains why they would celebrate it even today.
I had never heard that story only the visit by the bishop to the Don where silver flags were laid. Gracias jose

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll just add that I was so amazed when I read about the Don laying silver flags that it never occurred to me that anyone else would have done the same although for a different reason . And I assumed the celebration was for that event ! I couldn't conceive of any one else doing it.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Furness, the gentle man in question had the richest silver mine here, but he also was a col in the French troops and was the fence for any ill begotten Gold or Silver bars. He simply ran them though as his mines production, nice setup eh ?

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep he sounds just like the CEO.s and bosses of the big investment banks we have now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread