Treasure Mountain, CO - Lost Frenchmens Gold - Page 34
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast
Like Tree1442Likes

Thread: Treasure Mountain, CO - Lost Frenchmens Gold

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jul 2018
    Mountains of Western Colorado
    Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Crystal ball,
    1299 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by mdog View Post
    What's the KOA?

Kampground Of America. lol
    mdog and Rebel - KGC like this.
    The mountains have rules.They are harsh rules,but they are there,and if you keep to them you are safe.A mountain is not like men. A mountain is sincere. The weapons to conquer it exists inside you,inside your soul.

us
    Jul 2018
    1299 times
    Qui court deux lievres a la fois, n'en prend aucun"
    Last edited by cyzak; Jun 21, 2019 at 09:16 PM.
    Rebel - KGC and mdog like this.
    The mountains have rules.They are harsh rules,but they are there,and if you keep to them you are safe.A mountain is not like men. A mountain is sincere. The weapons to conquer it exists inside you,inside your soul.

us
    Mar 2011
    3974 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cyzak View Post
    Kampground Of America. lol
    Lol! I thought it was the the initials of a mountain. Goes to show how much camping I do.
    cyzak, alan m and Rebel - KGC like this.

us
    Jul 2018
    1299 times
    I think they are few and far between now back in the day they were pretty popular.lol
    Rebel - KGC and mdog like this.

Jun 2007
    13728 times
    I think they are few and far between now back in the day they were pretty popular.lol
    I like Yogi Bear Campgrounds... they have LAKES to play in!
    cyzak, mdog and Oroblanco like this.

us
    Jul 2018
    1299 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    I like Yogi Bear Campgrounds... they have LAKES to play in!
    Rebel - KGC, Ryano, mdog and 1 others like this.

us
    Jul 2018
    1299 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Platoro View Post
    Our group has been researching and looking for this treasure since 2004. After spending much time in the San Luis Valley, Pagosa Springs, and South Fork areas, we concluded that the Spanish had to have known French soldiers and miners were in the area from roughly 1748-1756. Also, again 1799-1802. This is because of the relationships that both Spanish and the French had with the local Indians. Furthermore, it would have been impossible to have groups ranging from 200 - 350 men that would have not been discovered. We have read your posts in this forum. You clearly have done much research.

The article you eluded too about the pistol is no surprise. It is a smoking gun. Our research so far places Spanish Conquistadors in the San Luis Valley as early as 1519. Oddly enough, we also had a gentlemen show us a book that possibly puts Montezuma himself in the San Luis Valley as far north as Antonito! How awesome would it be if it some day could be proven!

I think, in the Citadel, Maynard explains the need for the French to leave the Summitville area in the winter. Treasure Mountain is next to Wolf Creek and Summitville is within a day or less hike. There is no way the French would have endured 450" averages of snow at those altitudes. I have hiked TM several times, and know the Wolf Creek Pass area very well. It gets a lot of snow. Taos and Sante Fe would have been the winter destinations of these men. Look forward to your response.
    Do you have any more info to share that you might have discovered.
    Rebel - KGC and Ryano like this.

Apr 2019
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMatt View Post
    Engelmann Spruce and Ponderosa Pines are the most common. If you want to see an example of such a large old tree, please stop at the Animas Museum in Durango, CO and look at the tree cookie they have on display there. It germinated in 1605, and didn't die until it was cut down near Vallecito Reservoir in the early 2000's.
    Here is a blaze I found where I think the treasure is cached. Itís a trail mark that predates 1878, and was commonly used by Europeans and migrated to America. Whatís interesting about it is that I found it at the top of a ridge I had to cross to get into a valley where I believe the treasure is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3FB25C8B-590F-45A5-AAF3-4EEFBE605054.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	1742998  
    weekender, cyzak and Rebel - KGC like this.

us
    Jul 2018
    1299 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua9900 View Post
    Here is a blaze I found where I think the treasure is cached. It’s a trail mark that predates 1878, and was commonly used by Europeans and migrated to America. What’s interesting about it is that I found it at the top of a ridge I had to cross to get into a valley where I believe the treasure is.
    Welcome to Tnet from the Western Slope I see this is your first post you will find lots of good info on this website. Nice tree blaze but be careful Joshua9900 I have been fooled many a time by the blaze. You need to be looking for carvings in stone that is the true indicator of the trail and the site.Here are a couple of blazes that are true to the time period to, these two trees are over 6 feet around good luck in your endeavors.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4993.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	4.34 MB 
ID:	1743004
    Last edited by cyzak; Aug 14, 2019 at 07:58 AM.
    Oroblanco and Rebel - KGC like this.

us
    Jul 2018
    1299 times
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tree blaze.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	5.05 MB 
ID:	1743048I have circled some thing in red to the left of the tree in the back ground you will have to magnify it but this is what to look for to, and I am saying it could be nothing to but research everything.Boots on the ground is the only way this will be found one of these days some one will stumble across it.
    Rebel - KGC and Ryano like this.

us
    Jul 2012
    Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
    Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
    2470 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua9900 View Post
    Here is a blaze I found where I think the treasure is cached. It’s a trail mark that predates 1878, and was commonly used by Europeans and migrated to America. What’s interesting about it is that I found it at the top of a ridge I had to cross to get into a valley where I believe the treasure is.
    Did you date the blaze using a dendrochronologist?
    cyzak, sdcfia and Rebel - KGC like this.

us
    Jul 2012
    2470 times
    Sometimes natural blemishes on trees end up looking man made. If you want to be sure, you have to investigate underneath the edges of the blaze to see if there are blade marks on the wood underneath. And if you want to date a blaze, you have to use tree rings to do so.
    cyzak, sdcfia and Rebel - KGC like this.

us
    Jul 2012
    2470 times
    Do you have any more info to share that you might have discovered.
    Did platoro delete his posts in this thread? If not, what page was that quote from where he posted about his group?
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    Jul 2018
    1299 times
    Here is an excellent tutorial on it I have carried one of these in my pack for about 3 years now.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    Jul 2018
    1299 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMatt View Post
    Did platoro delete his posts in this thread? If not, what page was that quote from where he posted about his group?
    Page 25 thru 26.

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links