Wow!!!! Mountain door?

fetcher

Sep 24, 2011
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm from the east coast and recently traveled out to Seattle. I was super bored and decided to stare off into the mountains as we approached the airport. After 10 minutes I saw huge iron doors on the mountain side. Imagine the mountain being at a 40 degree angle. The doors appeared to be flush, which is odd to me. I mean these doors had to be 20 feet high by 20 feet wide and looked to be pure metal. They appeared to be older with a bit of rust, but not too bad.

Here's the kicker. It was maybe 2 miles from Mt. Rainier. My first thought was.....WTF is that...my next thought was......why would they put a cave/tunnel/hideout/whatever near a volcano?!?!?!?!

Any ideas?

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
They are the entrance to a highly secured Bingo Hall. Only for top level Bingo Masters.

No idea man, I have heard it before though.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm guessing U.S. Military of some sort. Norad installation. Either that or a bunker for Bigfoot and his friends. A lot of them out there you know and they need a place to go , when the volcano blows...

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Ft Lewis, Washington, encompasses an area that includes some of the lower slopes of Mt Ranier. The Army has many bunkers located throughout the base. Some are large enough for tanks and other heavy equipment. Knowing only the limited information you have given, that is the best explanation I can give.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I'm from the east coast and recently traveled out to Seattle. I was super bored and decided to stare off into the mountains as we approached the airport. After 10 minutes I saw huge iron doors on the mountain side. Imagine the mountain being at a 40 degree angle. The doors appeared to be flush, which is odd to me. I mean these doors had to be 20 feet high by 20 feet wide and looked to be pure metal. They appeared to be older with a bit of rust, but not too bad.

Here's the kicker. It was maybe 2 miles from Mt. Rainier. My first thought was.....WTF is that...my next thought was......why would they put a cave/tunnel/hideout/whatever near a volcano?!?!?!?!

Any ideas?
Sure... you saw the opening "port" for "Light Ships", formerly known as Flying Saucers (once German SECRET Crafts), UFO's; first sighting was in the 40's/50's near Mt. Rainier by Kenneth Arnold (I think). :laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread