Updated FENN TREASURE - July 2016

fetcher

Sep 24, 2011
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a fresh thread regarding the FENN treasure. I created this because the old threads became full of things unrelated to hunting for his treasure. Let's get to the latest on the hunt. Nothing else. Please keep to the story.

So, are there people still working on this? If so, what's the latest? I personally think the treasure is out there, and believe it's near Folsom Falls.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, last night I watched Josh Gates interviewing Fenn... and Gates' travels, looking for it in Yellowstone National Park area, even hunting with 3 generations of Fenn TH'ers (all women). Personally, I think Fenn just wanted ppl to get outdoors; I DO NOT believe that he buried the alleged Treasure Chest... the "poem"...? BAH HUMBUG! (MHO).

Last edited:

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being outside with nature is truly a treasure today........not that civilization is bad, but being with nature provides much perspective and needed relief.....
Vaya con Dios

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got my own theory about where it is... and one of these days I'll get back out west and have a look see.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What is the current theory on "how does Fenn know his treasure has/hasn't been found" ?

Surely there are people watching/following his movements.. and he knows this. So either he has someone he trusts to check on the treasure..or there is some sort of transponder device . Perhaps it's buried deep enough to not transmit a signal to the receiver - but when uncovered, the signal is relayed and Fenn knows it's been found.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
What is the current theory on "how does Fenn know his treasure has/hasn't been found" ?

Surely there are people watching/following his movements.. and he knows this. So either he has someone he trusts to check on the treasure..or there is some sort of transponder device . Perhaps it's buried deep enough to not transmit a signal to the receiver - but when uncovered, the signal is relayed and Fenn knows it's been found.
As I watched Josh interview Fenn (closed-captioned), MY impression was that Fenn didn't care if someone found it. He was WEALTHY as is (seeing his room, made me drool, HA!). ANY WAY, I think that he was MORE interested in ppl getting outside & EXPERIENCING the outdoors; if it was Yellow Stone National Park, FORGET the "alleged" treasure... the "richness" of the WILDS is MORE important, IMHO.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
As I watched Josh interview Fenn (closed-captioned), MY impression was that Fenn didn't care if someone found it. He was WEALTHY as is (seeing his room, made me drool, HA!). ANY WAY, I think that he was MORE interested in ppl getting outside & EXPERIENCING the outdoors; if it was Yellow Stone National Park, FORGET the "alleged" treasure... the "richness" of the WILDS is MORE important, IMHO.

Fenn's motivation was the same as that underlying the Pokémon Go smartphone game - get people off their asses and out into the real world. And, for anyone clever enough to solve Fenn's puzzle, a payoff at the end. I'll bet a searcher's odds are a thousand or a million times better searching for Fenn's stash than any of the countless other "treasure legends" out there.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Fenn's motivation was the same as that underlying the Pokémon Go smartphone game - get people off their asses and out into the real world. And, for anyone clever enough to solve Fenn's puzzle, a payoff at the end. I'll bet a searcher's odds are a thousand or a million times better searching for Fenn's stash than any of the countless other "treasure legends" out there.
YEAH! Like the BEALE TREASURE! Heh...

OP
OP
F

fetcher

Sep 24, 2011
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the recent death of Randy Bilyeu, don't you guys think Fenn would have come clean about the treasure being "the exploration of the outdoors," so that others wouldn't risk their lives?? I think it's real.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
With the recent death of Randy Bilyeu, don't you guys think Fenn would have come clean about the treasure being "the exploration of the outdoors," so that others wouldn't risk their lives?? I think it's real.

If I'm not mistaken, Fenn actually did "come clean" concerning his wish to motivate more people to enjoy the outdoors when he provided the original treasure clues. There's no reason to suggest that the treasure isn't real, but so far it seems nobody has found it. Is Fenn responsible for Bilyeu's death? Or was Bilyeu accountable for his own decisions?

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

Saying Fenn should "come clean" implies that he is lying about placing the treasure.

That fact has not been proven, nor has it been proven that it is there.

Fenn has clearly stated that the treasure is where an 80 year old man could carry it, and it's what... 45 pounds?

If you are going where an 80 year old man could walk carrying 45 pounds, how much death defying do you think was going on?

treasure_hunter_2004

May 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I'm not mistaken, Fenn actually did "come clean" concerning his wish to motivate more people to enjoy the outdoors when he provided the original treasure clues. There's no reason to suggest that the treasure isn't real, but so far it seems nobody has found it. Is Fenn responsible for Bilyeu's death? Or was Bilyeu accountable for his own decisions?

every time you go out looking for treasure by yourself there is always a risk involved!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread