Deming NM is a tresure "hotspot"?

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Deming NM is a tresure "hotspot"?

Anyone know of a man that used to have a treasure-hunting newsleter over 20 years ago?Or, perhaps recall the name of the newsletter? I recall that he said he moved to Deming because of all the abundance of treasure leads, folklore, lost mines, etc....Now, in my book, that is quite an endorcement for a town. I mean for a man to move himself and his wife there to spend his retirement years to have a base of operations to search from? Hmmmm....Makes me wonder, at the very least, though. steven.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Re: Deming NM is a tresure "hotspot"?

You're thinking of Glenn Carson, who's dead now. His daughter is carrying on the family tradition at http://www.waybilltoadventure.com/

There are outstanding treasure tales in the Deming area - some published, the best ones 'private'. There are also a number of UFO people who consider the area to be active. And also, Charley Manson once stated that "the gates of hell are in Deming, New Mexico". Don't know what he meant by that.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

This is good to hear ;D ;D

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004

I lived in Deming for a year or so. That gates of Hell comment about Deming is not far from the truth.

Cheap house and Property costs. Most of the Legends and leads are outside of the town. But within a hour or so drive from there.

Unless you consider that stolen gold that is buried under the pavement on a Highway exit road.(It was put there in the 1800's after a train heist, yes I know where it is, but how are you going to dig it up?)

Some strange things happen in that boring little town. Lots of Secrets. Outsiders are watched closely.

There are better areas in my opinion. Too strange for me, even if there are tons of leads

I could tell you some very odd things about that town.

OP
OP
morbiusandneo

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods

ericwt said:
I lived in Deming for a year or so. That gates of Hell comment about Deming is not far from the truth.

Cheap house and Property costs. Most of the Legends and leads are outside of the town. But within a hour or so drive from there.

Unless you consider that stolen gold that is buried under the pavement on a Highway exit road.(It was put there in the 1800's after a train heist, yes I know where it is, but how are you going to dig it up?)

Some strange things happen in that boring little town. Lots of Secrets. Outsiders are watched closely.

There are better areas in my opinion. Too strange for me, even if there are tons of leads

I could tell you some very odd things about that town.
I'd LOVE to hear some stories about when you lived in Deming!! The stranger, the better......I've heard some bizarre stuff in Albequrque(?)NM, SaltLakeCity, Portland, Phoenix.....This is a strange world. Your observations are most welcome. How big was that train robbery cache supposed to be anyway? steven.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread