Treasure of Pisco

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Original church at Pisco does not exist anymore. It was destroyed by an earthquake. Sadly most likely all the records went with it.

4142448.jpg

Vista_aerea_iglesia_San_Clemente_Pisco.jpg

5 years later it got replace with an ugly brick one.

pict.jpg

The point is there may be many church records destroyed to either prove or disprove the story?

Mal

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good delving with the church angle, SSM.

Fair point about the records being destroyed as well.

It could be said that if such a large treasure had been taken, there would have been a hullabaloo and the papers, authorities etc., would have communicated regarding the same.

The use by fiction writers of some non-fiction has been widespread and, as you say, muddies the waters even further and some will make the mistake of taking it as 'fact', unfortunately.

One of the famous Trio has a rather large collection of archive material from Peru that would probably put a library to shame for its in-depth information and rare documentation...

If the Pisco Treasure exists/ed, there will be something out there to confirm it.

IPUK

OP
OP
marticus

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have also came across a few other books with the same wording also. But i would not expect less. Treasure always offers a great story. Throw in a women and some romance and you could have a best seller. But these storys didnt not just appear without some kind of history behind it.
I did read that the church was damaged in the earthquake. But did not know that was the extent and even being rebuilt over. The church was spanish. I wonder if it had jesuit ties to the gold.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, the Crow-Meister and Kanacki have not been posting. More than likely busy with other things.

I discussed another legend concerning a ship in the Pacific and a treasure (that was more than likely recovered), with Amy (aka Corporate Investigation) about a ship that was sunk near Tonga and a large treasure recovered in the 1990s and sold to a billionaire Japanese businessman who was a War Criminal who had an interest in treasure hunting.

The Pacific is huge and between South America and New Zealand/Australia, there is a fair few island locations to 'hide' something if one so wishes.

But with regards to this Pisco story, there is too many gaps and improbabilities for me. As an example, how did the four rogues overpower and murder the officials and guards said to be accompanying the treasure? The church wasn't silly - they'd have sent a fair number of their people with any treasure. How did the four manage to navigate the vast distances involved without a proper crew and have sufficient resources? If any treasure really was taken, what steps did the church/ authorities take to recover it?

More questions than answers...

Crow told me another story about a treasure taken from South America to the Mariana Islands. The Trio had researched that one and it was documented...:laughing7:

IPUK

Who is Amy? I am a little lost there?

Not wrong about the Pacific being Huge. Some times it hard to tell what stories are real or not?

Marina islands are in the north Pacific sounds like an interesting tale?

Ironic is it not I sail with 1000 km south of southern Tuamotu archipelago. Big ships like mine avoid it like the plague. One my crew spent many years crewing on vessels in French polynesia. He said to me tongue in cheek not many believes in the tale anymore. There was an alleged big discovery in 1934 but it turned out to be hot air. However there is some one allegedly still searching Pinacki for the treasure.

It that time again duty calls...

Mal

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amy is a wonderful investigator/researcher that posted here on TNet until recently. She has helped many members on here with some super assistance on an array of subjects, stories etc...

Hopefully, she will be back...

There really is so, so much out there, that it can start to get bewildering sometimes.

That Mariana story is an interesting one, and if my memory serves me correctly, it started with a ship off the coast of Chile...

I bet you chaps hear treasure stories so many times, it probably does start to feel like fatigue. I would hazard a guess that most major discoveries, will always try and fly under the radar because there always exists the possibility of the find being confiscated- both legally and illegally.

Good luck with your duties...

IPUK

OP
OP
marticus

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Amy is a wonderful investigator/researcher that posted here on TNet until recently. She has helped many members on here with some super assistance on an array of subjects, stories etc...

Hopefully, she will be back...

There really is so, so much out there, that it can start to get bewildering sometimes.

That Mariana story is an interesting one, and if my memory serves me correctly, it started with a ship off the coast of Chile...

I bet you chaps hear treasure stories so many times, it probably does start to feel like fatigue. I would hazard a guess that most major discoveries, will always try and fly under the radar because there always exists the possibility of the find being confiscated- both legally and illegally.

Good luck with your duties...

IPUK
Must say i have the same feeling. I always question my posts. Like hmmm should i be doing this. But at the moment i have no other to share my ideas or interests with. So tnet it is. Cant say i have had much to do with amy. Heard many a tales and read some old posts. For me being in the land down under. I feel the pacific is where my future my lie. But yes any find or discovery that may come in the future. Will be completely under the radar. Im not in it for the fame. The adventure drives me. The booty will just help in the next adventure.

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good and sensible approach, Marticus.

There is more than enough to keep one busy in the Pacific...

If you ever fancied going north, the Indian Ocean has its fair share of "Treasure Islands" as well...

Always keep your focus, if there is a smell of BS in the air, walk away and onto the next project. I've wasted much time, resources and effort, when, in practical terms, I should have dropped something for it being too vague, unrealistic, mired in complexity and bureaucracy, hard to reach or even a combination of these factors...

IPUK

OP
OP
marticus

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

If you ever fancied going north, the Indian Ocean has its fair share of "Treasure Islands" as well...

Always keep your focus, if there is a smell of BS in the air, walk away and onto the next project. I've wasted much time, resources and effort, when, in practical terms, I should have dropped something for it being too vague, unrealistic, mired in complexity and bureaucracy, hard to reach or even a combination of these factors...

IPUK
IPUK
I must say i am starting to learn that. But as of yet i dont know exactly when to stop the pursue. I have several leads in my file cabinet but as of yet nothing solid. So i take a step away and look into something else. But theres a small niggling sensation in the back of my mind saying " if you stop looking for leads. You wont find new ones" but then on the flip side am i making the asumption of new leads out of nothing at all.
All learning curves a guess

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I am afraid I cannot offer much advice in those quarters.

My job family business and family duties own me Alas. But may one dream on day of retirement. I have no real treasure hunting skills or experience. But I think one thing anyone researching these terribly interesting stories is stick to what can be proven as the facts. It was a life time rule that has never left me down. After all no fun facing admiralty court explaining why you ran aground a 50000 to cargo ship onto rocks based on assumptions.

So it much in some sense must be the same for any treasure hunter.

Reading through many interesting posts on various treasure legends on this website there seems a little too much reliance on assumptions. While i suppose its fine like an armchair treasure hunter like me, not risking my neck. To type out a theory. But I think many of wrongly thought out assumptions have cost many people their lives over the years.

As for this story. The Cocos story spewed offshoot stories like Trinidad story as Australia's queens cliff loot of Lima story. Perhaps Tahiti felt they needed one also with the treasure of Pisco story? Some times it hard to know the facts from the fantasy.

Maritcus I heard that there is group in western Australia searching for buried loot from the Gilt Dragon?

Mal

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

IPUK

Well I suppose some would knock you for trying. Well you know what at least you tried. Learning what is workable comes with experience.

I imagine the trio you speak of learned those lessons many years ago. Ironic is it not that you seem to know more about them than I who I may of met them 3 years ago? Yet still I am not sure who if or what. Perhaps that is the mystery of it all or may be with all of us unknowingly playing in a mechanization within a mechanization? Perhaps that public prosecutor that grilled me is just one of us locked into the endless intrigue not really ever knowing?

Just as intriguing as any of these stories we read here. Perhaps they entice us to wonder.....and dream a little. Wasted time perhaps But no worse than watching a bad movie.

Mal

OP
OP
marticus

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well I suppose some would knock you for trying. Well you know what at least you tried. Learning what is workable comes with experience.

I imagine the trio you speak of learned those lessons many years ago. Ironic is it not that you seem to know more about them than I who I may of met them 3 years ago? Yet still I am not sure who if or what. Perhaps that is the mystery of it all or may be with all of us unknowingly playing in a mechanization within a mechanization? Perhaps that public prosecutor that grilled me is just one of us locked into the endless intrigue not really ever knowing?

Just as intriguing as any of these stories we read here. Perhaps they entice us to wonder.....and dream a little. Wasted time perhaps But no worse than watching a bad movie.

Mal
Your right there. But i dont mind people can knock all they want. I enjoy it even if it doesnt always pan out.
I dont know much or anything really of the trio. I put a msg out looking for like minded people. Crow was the first to respond. Him an i got talking. Told him i was a bit stuck on one of the quests i was looking into. Put me in contact with hardluck. Who kind of took me under his wing abit and pointed me in the right directions and what to pursue. I kept in touch with them. But havnt heard nothing for a few months. They must be on a trip or living their lifes. Great bunch of people though.

OP
OP
marticus

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

My job family business and family duties own me Alas. But may one dream on day of retirement. I have no real treasure hunting skills or experience. But I think one thing anyone researching these terribly interesting stories is stick to what can be proven as the facts. It was a life time rule that has never left me down. After all no fun facing admiralty court explaining why you ran aground a 50000 to cargo ship onto rocks based on assumptions.

Reading through many interesting posts on various treasure legends on this website there seems a little too much reliance on assumptions. While i suppose its fine like an armchair treasure hunter like me, not risking my neck. To type out a theory. But I think many of wrongly thought out assumptions have cost many people their lives over the years.

As for this story. The Cocos story spewed offshoot stories like Trinidad story as Australia's queens cliff loot of Lima story. Perhaps Tahiti felt they needed one also with the treasure of Pisco story? Some times it hard to know the facts from the fantasy.

Maritcus I heard that there is group in western Australia searching for buried loot from the Gilt Dragon?

Mal
Yea i have helped the gilt dragon reasearch group a few times with some of their stumpings. Also another group i have communed with is the Past Masters in Northern Territory. Another bunch looking into early maritime of Australia. But both these groups work along side museums and to an archeological point. Not like a fortune seeker like myself.
I know what you mean im working 6 days a week 55-60hr weeks. Family comitments along the way also. So time for accual reasearch. Planning and exploring is slim when i do get it. Perhaps one day it will all be worth it.
Dang. I have always had a fascination with those cargo carriers. Always wondered what it would be like on one of those for its run around.

OP
OP
marticus

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Mal
As they say the more you research the less in the field you need to be. Not to mention having your own ship. Those retirement days could involve a smaller run about. A few guys to dive. And you yourself doing the research arm chair style if you like.
That could lead you to a prize and you wouldnt miss out on any of the excitment either

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Marticus

Here is a basic view inside a bridge of a modern container ship.

Maybe you could hunt down that guy taht found some treasure in 1994?

mal

OP
OP
marticus

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello Marticus

Here is a basic view inside a bridge of a modern container ship.

Maybe you could hunt down that guy taht found some treasure in 1994?

mal

Thats a pretty impressive sight. Fantastic view of the ocean. Hate to tey and park one of those boys in at port. Oooweee that would be full on

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is good and heartening to see the Trio have been helping others in trying to get started/established. One thing amongst many I have come across, is how some will not assist, support or share with fellow enthusiasts even the smallest amount of details or information even if it doesn't interfere with their own interests. There is secrecy, jealousy, envy, cynicism, rivalry and even hatred that can accompany any quest in tracking a lost, buried or hidden treasure. This is where the Trio (and Amy!!) differ. There is no obligation on them but they understand what it was like for the newbies once...

I have also come to the realisation that, in reality, you usually you need major resources/backing for any serious project. If you don't, your chances of success have diminished exceedingly. Most fortuitous 'finds' are made on the off-chance by some lucky worker/farmer/traveller etc., and even then, it usually those further up the food chain, who will probably see the biggest gains.

SSM, good to see you've realised at the outset what is "right" and "acceptable" for you. This way you are unlikely to have to deal with all the crap, loss, frustration and despair that usually accompanies any search. By being a facilitator/broker or even a part of a larger team with your own area of specialty, is always wise and commendable.

Marticus, the harder you work, the luckier you shall get...

Going back to this Pisco story, from what I can see and think about all the info to hand, the islands mentioned, are only the views of those that searched for the treasure. There is nothing conclusive that the chaps that buried any possible treasure, actually did so there. But getting the original event in South America is probably the best starting point.

My thoughts only.

IPUK

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is good and heartening to see the Trio have been helping others in trying to get started/established. One thing amongst many I have come across, is how some will not assist, support or share with fellow enthusiasts even the smallest amount of details or information even if it doesn't interfere with their own interests. There is secrecy, jealousy, envy, cynicism, rivalry and even hatred that can accompany any quest in tracking a lost, buried or hidden treasure. This is where the Trio (and Amy!!) differ. There is no obligation on them but they understand what it was like for the newbies once...

I have also come to the realisation that, in reality, you usually you need major resources/backing for any serious project. If you don't, your chances of success have diminished exceedingly. Most fortuitous 'finds' are made on the off-chance by some lucky worker/farmer/traveller etc., and even then, it usually those further up the food chain, who will probably see the biggest gains.

SSM, good to see you've realised at the outset what is "right" and "acceptable" for you. This way you are unlikely to have to deal with all the crap, loss, frustration and despair that usually accompanies any search. By being a facilitator/broker or even a part of a larger team with your own area of specialty, is always wise and commendable.

Marticus, the harder you work, the luckier you shall get...

Going back to this Pisco story, from what I can see and think about all the info to hand, the islands mentioned, are only the views of those that searched for the treasure. There is nothing conclusive that the chaps that buried any possible treasure, actually did so there. But getting the original event in South America is probably the best starting point.

My thoughts only.

IPUK

Interested Party in UK some good points. As with all with all newspaper stories they I imagine are only as correct as person giving the information out. The trouble I see Treasure hunters it appear only want to give the bare minimum to reporters be they want backers and not hoards of competition. Newspaper reporters want a sexy story so they intern will sex up parts. That said in among lies and half truths that the belief treasure was somewhere out there. What is the 100 million dollar question? And for me just a arch chair treasure hunter the most logical question is to find the original source.

That I imagine will take a lot of time and perhaps a visit to south America to get at the truth.

Mal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread