These Bars Should Not Exist!!!

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's one of the Mystery Glyphs. Mystery Glyphs - Home They can be found in about two dozen remote locations in the western USA and many were chiseled by the same hand. Many are near railroad lines and I believe all or nearly all are found close to rich treasure legends. There are three sites in your state, CO: Del Norte, Grand Junction and Durango. Many folks believe they were carved by the KGC.

You are so right on the locations I see you to have studied them, but the way the one sign is positioned is off to the side and not with the others is a clue.

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t know if it’s been discussed on here, Holabird had a gold nugget he bought seized by the Feds. I used to know him when I was younger. My family was in the same club as him and his wife.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t know if it’s been discussed on here, Holabird had a gold nugget he bought seized by the Feds. I used to know him when I was younger. My family was in the same club as him and his wife.

Why did it get seized being a nugget I would think a natural nugget I found would be safe.

DolanDave

Aug 25, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPZ 7000, GPX 6000, Equinox 800, ect.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Has anyone seen or have copies of : Engel Sluiter's research notes and copies and transcriptions of historical documents from archives throughout Europe and Latin America made during approximately 1930-2001. Subject matter concerns Dutch voyages to the Pacific during the early 17th century, from Repository: UC Berkeley. Bancroft Library Berkeley, California
Especially the section on Anglo-Dutch voyages to the Pacific Coast of America which includes Spanish reports showing the English intrusions on the Spanish Pacific, loot obtained by Drake and Cavendish, and Spanish defense expenditures for royal Pacific Armada ?

Artifacthound

Jul 19, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I inherited a bar that looks similar to these with a copy of an old newspaper article from my grandfather.
My grandparents spent years living in New Mexico and Texas looking for treasure in the caballo mountains.
That searched an area and I was told actually drilled into a stack of gold bars and the government shut them down and made them backfill everything and arrested a few of them.

I believe the company was called D.G.M mining

I don’t believe this bar is from that some stash but my grandfather is deceased and my grandmother has fairly advanced dimensia. I remember seeing a half of a bar similar at a friend of my grandfathers when I visited at 12-13 years old.

The one I have is a finger bar with V I and I think a couple indents.

Any way to test this type of Possible gold/silver mix?

Last edited:

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have photos you could share so we know what you're referring to? There are plenty of metal testing kits that could do what you want, but it would be better to first determine as much information about the bar that you can and identify the marks on it before testing the metal itself.

Bran <><

Artifacthound

Jul 19, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
E4ADA76C-F3A4-432C-9226-2F28D365A2FA.jpeg 18C1837C-6283-4766-A451-AD184FAFE11D.jpeg 660A1403-C4D2-4F9A-BA3D-930384A4C7C2.jpeg
Do you have photos you could share so we know what you're referring to? There are plenty of metal testing kits that could do what you want, but it would be better to first determine as much information about the bar that you can and identify the marks on it before testing the metal itself.

Bran <><

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread