wanting help with deciphering images

longshotman

Sep 29, 2007
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
several, Garrett, whites, gold-bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these symbols about a 100 feet apart and the one on the right appears to me to be a turtle with no legs, anyone else have some insight? also i hope i posted this in the correct place?

turtle sign.jpg

noowbie

Greenie
Dec 26, 2009
It may be a turtle, but I see a man holding a shield with a cross ala crusaders or Knights Templar. That would match up with the first symbol of a cross. Just guessing!

OP
OP
L

longshotman

Sep 29, 2007
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
several, Garrett, whites, gold-bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may be a turtle, but I see a man holding a shield with a cross ala crusaders or Knights Templar. That would match up with the first symbol of a cross. Just guessing!

Thanks, i appreciate all comments, sometimes others see things that i don't and vice versa, i have given thought to it being a soldier, but if true then the mark across his legs is confusing, what i think it is a turtle that has no legs is last stop to where the treasure is buried, i think the circle with the cross means it is buried and that mark across the bottom which is his tail means the tunnel leading to it. what do you think with adding my thoughts?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these symbols about a 100 feet apart and the one on the right appears to me to be a turtle with no legs, anyone else have some insight? also i hope i posted this in the correct place?

View attachment 1486845

What is those photos on, photo-paper? Do you have any photos of the originals. They are hard to see on reflective paper.

There is a treasure buried in the center of a circle. Either a circle of rocks or trees. The first photo shows that the treasure is church artifacts or church treasure. It says the treasure is buried under a hill of stone that looks like a church. Or either buried under a church.

The photo on the right. I wish I had better detail of that photo. It gives directions and depth of the treasure. It also warns of "DANGER" The bottom part says it is six feet deep. If I had a clear photo, I could give you the exact information.

nmth

Oct 11, 2012
NM/AZ
Detector(s) used
V3(i), ATX, uMax, Gold Bug, TM808, Custom
The one on the left looks like a typical NM thundercloud embellished with (modern) Christian symbology. If the two carving styles/patinas were different from each other, then it might actually make more sense. I know of a nice priest and Thunderbird up north where crosses were obviously added to existing Native work. Not sure what the message is. "so above as below"? The second looks a little goofy, but I have seen similar anthropomorphic bubble heads near Hatch and Corralitos Ranch. The main circle-x means "travel on" sometimes. Put your back to it. Does not look like a turtle to me, but maybe try all the Kenworthy or Mahan "pull" stuff. The extra embellishments may just mean "look out for hostiles". Oh yeah, and look for any nearby drill holes (not tinajas). Would to know even general part of the state these are in. Good luck.

View attachment 1486845

nmth

Oct 11, 2012
NM/AZ
Detector(s) used
V3(i), ATX, uMax, Gold Bug, TM808, Custom
Does anyone else see something unusual in this picture?:

Joe Ribaudo

Sorry CJ/Joe, way too small for me to see. Maybe I don't understand Photobucket?

You seem to study diverse material. What do you think of longshotman's (unfortunately glossy) photos?

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
nmth,

In the center of my picture, there is a figure that seems to be working at a desk with a monitor setting on it.

The picture on the left seems to denote a mission, or possibly a headstone in a cemetery. The one on the right is a man with a shield. I don't read anything else into the pictures.

Thanks for your reply,

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread