Seychelles...Olivier le Vasseur buried golden goblets, coins, diamonds ......

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a rough neighborhood.

Its no rougher than anywhere else if you want it to be.

One thing I can say there is an old saying that my boss always say...and perhaps Banana skin slippers with know this saying knowing my boss... "Where there's treasure evil is never far away"

Greed can be a dangerous drug.

Amy

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its no rougher than anywhere else if you want it to be.

One thing I can say there is an old saying that my boss always say...and perhaps Banana skin slippers with know this saying knowing my boss... "Where there's treasure evil is never far away"

Greed can be a dangerous drug.

Amy

Roger that.

Jun 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone's already decoded the cryptogram according to the latest French book released on this subject.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Banana

The problem I have is several people claim to have solved this thing and they all have different interpretations? I would not read much into this latest authors claims. Keep researching like you have as no doubt hardluck would of told you like a broken record. The person named giving the endorsement is the last person you would want to endorse your book.

Crow

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cruise-Wilkins junior is a proven liar. Many years ago, he 'produced' this Polaroid snap of the Cross of Goa (a huge golden monstrosity embedded with huge amounts of priceless gems. He claimed that he'd discovered the 'location' and it was simply a matter of "bringing it to the surface" but as it was buried under huge boulders and tons and tons of rock, he'd need "investors on board". This was documented in a TV series produced in Germany.

It would seem highly improbable that a pirate who knows he's end could come at any moment, spends ludicrous amounts of time hiding his ill-gotten gains, and that he had the workforce, capabilities, resources and focus to do so.

Why would deep excavation and complicated machinery be needed to dig for something that was placed by hand and simple tools unless the pirates were also expert engineers that had the know-how to fool modern searchers.

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not trying to denigrate anyone's effort - simply to look at this critically.

There are many facts that evidenced enough and are proven, but as far as 'The Buzzard' burying this enormous treasure....?

It is highly unlikely.

IUP

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi CI

The chap in question had set himself up as the 'expert' on the story and had actively courted the reputable TV company that had covered many interesting and balanced stories and legends. He was looking to raise funds and find investors who might have been swayed by his 'evidence'.

It would be difficult to blame the producers for the self-publicising and attention-seeking Cruise-Wilkins.

Just my opinion based on what I viewed and what I've read and observed.

IUP

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi CI

The chap in question had set himself up as the 'expert' on the story and had actively courted the reputable TV company that had covered many interesting and balanced stories and legends. He was looking to raise funds and find investors who might have been swayed by his 'evidence'.

It would be difficult to blame the producers for the self-publicising and attention-seeking Cruise-Wilkins.

Just my opinion based on what I viewed and what I've read and observed.

IUP

Hello IPUK was German documentary by Dr Ina Kabloch by any chance?

As for cruise Wilkins Jr you have to feel sorry for him as he was brought up and brain washed with his father assumptions. Now he is locked into a never ending fantasy that some where in the hole he is digging he will find treasure. Seychellois man tormented by treasure hunt - Telegraph

The Real treasure is real events around the execution of Olivier Levasseur. Bananaskinslipper has been digging deep into history behind the legend to find the facts. Slowly but surely chipping away around the peripheral.

As for Scott well..... The Templars, the Mormons, The Masons, the CIA are to blame for everything...:laughing7:

Amy

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi CI

It was many, many years ago and was from a crew that produced a series called "Terra X", they delved into treasure stories and legends. It really captivated me as a teeny-bopper growing-up.

It is an interesting one as I believe that Levasseur attempted to get pardoned and was keeping a low profile. If I am not mistaken one of the requirements was that he give up his loot.

The reason why I believe that Cruise-Wilkins junior should stop pretending he's on the "verge" of "uncovering" the treasure is because a poor American chap committed suicide (in the 1990s I think), after expending all of his wealth and resources. Yet more poor people will be vulnerable to 'believing' that if they invest in hare-brained schemes, they can become unbelievably wealthy overnight. Let everyone search for his or her own treasure, but not at the expense of those that might be vulnerable.

By the way, whose Scott?

IUP

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi CI

It was many, many years ago and was from a crew that produced a series called "Terra X", they delved into treasure stories and legends. It really captivated me as a teeny-bopper growing-up.

It is an interesting one as I believe that Levasseur attempted to get pardoned and was keeping a low profile. If I am not mistaken one of the requirements was that he give up his loot.

The reason why I believe that Cruise-Wilkins junior should stop pretending he's on the "verge" of "uncovering" the treasure is because a poor American chap committed suicide (in the 1990s I think), after expending all of his wealth and resources. Yet more poor people will be vulnerable to 'believing' that if they invest in hare-brained schemes, they can become unbelievably wealthy overnight. Let everyone search for his or her own treasure, but not at the expense of those that might be vulnerable.

By the way, whose Scott?

IUP

Some one who believe they are a real treasure hunter but in fact just a conspiracy theorist bank rolled by ass out of my pants documentary maker start ups. The link I posted is dead and for good reason. It appears it cut deep into truth of the Crap history channel has been dredging up for the general public. The article cut deep into the workings of history channel moving away from well researched quality educational documentations to cheap badly made low factual programs for entertaining the brain dead masses. Not my words the very words of the director of history channel himself.

Amy

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most shall never want to sit-down in front of their TVs to see in depth - sometimes 'boring' programmes where factual information, details and records are examined. After a hard day's slog, most would rather be 'entertained'.....

Not so for the serious researcher...

IUP

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most shall never want to sit-down in front of their TVs to see in depth - sometimes 'boring' programmes where factual information, details and records are examined. After a hard day's slog, most would rather be 'entertained'.....

Not so for the serious researcher...

IUP

That is the problem 99.9 percent are not serious researchers, they just want to entertained.... While most here have a greater fascination for treasure legends, than the general public as you would not be here to start with. Most of public do not want to think for themselves they want to be programed and entertained.

Factual details may be boring for the general public. But for anyone reading here this is mind Candy as Crow would say....

Amy

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CI

The wily EL Crow might call it "mind candy" but he sure as anything made his views clear on "eye candy"... that saucy old Birdy was cut from the same cloth as our venerable Don on that score...:laughing7:

But would you say it's fair that 'mainstream' folk might view those with interests in treasure legends and stories as "day dreamers", "fantasists" or other such unflattering moniker?

IUP

Jun 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello IPUK,
"It is an interesting one as I believe that Levasseur attempted to get pardoned and was keeping a low profile. If I am not mistaken one of the requirements was that he give up his loot."

Indeed , you are correct it is an interesting one , regardless if you believe or don't believe a mass of ill gotten gains was ever hidden.

I enjoy this legend because , no one has ever really done a full on proper research on him , practically everything on the internet , is a rehash of same story , without ever bothering to check if it was true or not.
The infamous "Fiery cross of Goa" i agree , probably never existed , my opinion , someone coined it from an Indian gentleman by the name of A.K. Srimar (from memory) who wrote a book for his children in the 70's i think.
You are correct , he did apply for amnesty. Some took it up , some fled into various islands in the Indian ocean , some left for Europe.
out of an original 600 pirates , on 3 vessels , 140 left and got amnesty in the west indies from the spanish. one vessel simply got lost in a "storm" the rest stayed with la buse , then that whittled down even further.
25th jan 1724 ,John Clayton , a trusted member for La Buse arrived at St Pauls , Bourbon Island asking for amnesty on behalf of La buse and others , he was later killed at 10am , 22nd march 1724 , by 3 pirates , Daniel Agres , Richard Septon and Henri Howard.
during that year a number took up amnesty in may ....
john Bentley , jack butler , julien clous , daniel danois , leston adem , edouard jones , pierre dossier , john allen , john flacombergue , julien hordouin , samuel d'hest , francois lefevre , william martin , benjamin melly , guillaume ottroff , john perse , alexandre vre , john tea , adam johnson , edouard lahe , joseph pascal , guillaume planter.
Pirate Captain Condent , actually got 2 amnesties , the original for Bourbon , the latter for allowed to return to France.

"but as far as 'The Buzzard' burying this enormous treasure....?" or "If I am not mistaken one of the requirements was that he give up his loot."
So which is more correct , if the buzzard through original documents , appears to show a stalling tactic of not coming in , does that not suggest there may just be a grain or two of truth in the legend?
(a lot of this information is online , transcribed by a researcher and historian , its his hard work into slavery on bourbon island that has made it known what information can be found , if prepared to look. )
Even to the actual journey of the Cabo through the storm , in great detail was documented and told by the viceroy himself can be found on the internet.
As for the Buzzard from birth to capture , thats for another day.
Bananas.

Jun 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
p.s. since Pirate Captain Condent "DRAGON" is in the mix with this legend , and his identity remained a mystery , even on documentaries , his real name was Kendal and he came from Plymouth i think , Kendal is among the names given in books of the time , but seems to disappear , however , in the calendar of state papers , and its numerous volumes , a name appears invidious forms , condon , condont etc , in examinations and testimonies , various pirates mention condol , to me , if his crew was predominately french , then the french accent lends itself to pronunciation of condol , rolls of tongue easier for them i guess, and over time , misheard , mis spelt , you get to condent. He after leaving the West Indies , eventually disappeared to Brazil , before heading round to the Indian ocean.
However , a naval officer , while in the Indian ocean , asked , demanded the local gov , that he hand over Christopher Kendal , but he was a free man by then.
Amazing what you find when searching from something entirely different.
Bananas

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CI

The wily EL Crow might call it "mind candy" but he sure as anything made his views clear on "eye candy"... that saucy old Birdy was cut from the same cloth as our venerable Don on that score...:laughing7:

But would you say it's fair that 'mainstream' folk might view those with interests in treasure legends and stories as "day dreamers", "fantasists" or other such unflattering moniker?

IUP

Hello IPUK

Indeed that is 100% true for many it all too easy to deride such people and dismiss them as mere Crackpots, even with all levels of society, to bother to take the time to really see what they are researching. Not just every day people but even academics who became one by their credentials not by questioning things but by maintaining the status quo . These people who do this are content of spending their lives as Drones, as long as they are told, what to think, when to think, when to eat, What to eat, when to sleep when to go to work, When to Crap, when to breed, as long as they have access to the consumer carrots offered to them accepted as the social norm. Their whole lives have all been programed for them from the cradle to the grave. They feel safe in their little world not having to question anything....

And if you look around on this Forum, you will everyone who is here reading this in their own way questioning, seeking answers....As hardluck once said "We flee to forums as refugees first from gods at the altar telling us what to think to the new God the TV that tells us how to think? Ironic is it not they call it TV programing? Crow saw that years ago...

There are others out there....Who Question those things, who dare to dream to push the boundaries of knowledge, who dare to dream free of shackles of what is expected of thus....the Norm, the status Quo set by whom?

Well you may take heart its the day dreamers that changed the world my friend....Those who will question what if? And if being called a dreamer them I am proud to be one... Better to be a bright spark of inspiration than the living dead free of opinion and thought. Plenty of them can be seen on any subway is it not?

And if we look a the world changing successes of people through history we are in fact in good company. One of the reasons why yourself, myself and others who refuse to be that drone, but to live , question and experience, the Mindy candy we are all secretly addicted to.

Amy

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions