Civil War Gold Found?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes but the story is not clear as to whether gold was actually found or not? It does not even interview any of the FBI to see if this was a legal dig or whether Finderskeepers was found digging illegally? Bad story.

Bumbalawski

Mar 2, 2015
Beans Cove Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dennis has been trying to work a deal with the state for about 10 years on this one. It is on state property. Maybe he finally got it done. It is suppose to be in a "cave" that closed by a road back in 1969. I am assuming a logging road from what pictures I have seen of it. As for him digging illegally, the DNR put cameras up and he did also. It was sort of a "Mexican stand off". Hopefully all is now being done legally and we will see what is in there.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
There's more on this in the "General Discussion" sub-Forum (I hope that is the correct term) above.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Yes but the story is not clear as to whether gold was actually found or not? ...

Haha, here's where it's "not clear" : As you probably noticed, various references (interviews with the dudes, titles to news clips and posts, etc...) are peppered with the word "found". Notice that's past tense. Eh ? As if it were already "found".

But you're right: You dig deeper into the minutia. And lo & behold, no one's found diddly squat yet.

So why the discrepancy ? Here's why: Because whenever dreamy eyed TH'rs like this read a legend, and have their wands point a certain direction, (so that they've narrowed it down to a certain canyon, marsh, or cave) then in their mind's eyes, they've "found" it. It's merely small details of getting a detector that goes 6 meters deep, recovery, govt. clearances, taxes, smelting , etc... But rest assured, it's past tense "found".

Last edited:

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
You're just going to have to wait for The History Channel TV show that shows how Jesse James and the KGC worked with the Knights Templar and the Japanese Army to hide the plunder, leaving hundreds of treasure signs and a dozen or so maps that are difficult to read but definitely lead to the plant.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
You're just going to have to wait for The History Channel TV show that shows how Jesse James and the KGC worked with the Knights Templar and the Japanese Army to hide the plunder, leaving hundreds of treasure signs and a dozen or so maps that are difficult to read but definitely lead to the plant.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Old-book, That was the best post I read all day.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
There are far more treasure hunters than there are treasure finders.

The first rule of treasure finding is to look for something that is actually there.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Well I guess I should at least say Dennis is out there looking. I'll give him credit for that. He is not sitting at home on his ass. Perhaps one day one of those holes will have something.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dennis needs better equipment to locate treasure. I had one of those high powered metal detector he is referring to the GPL. Ground Penetrating Locators. It is about as good as his dowsing that he does for locating treasure. False readings all the time and you never know whether you have found anything or not? Quartz and/or either sand shows up on the machine as GOLD. Dug enough quartz and dug enough sand. Dennis needs something that can find gold and there is not much out there on the market worth a hill of beans. Two boxes and larger metal detectors for all metal is about the best but then they only go about 4 to 5 feet for a large target. If there is any better equipment on the market to locate treasure I wish someone with demonstrate it.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Dennis needs better equipment to locate treasure. I had one of those high powered metal detector he is referring to the GPL. Ground Penetrating Locators. It is about as good as his dowsing that he does for locating treasure. False readings all the time and you never know whether you have found anything or not? Quartz and/or either sand shows up on the machine as GOLD. Dug enough quartz and dug enough sand. Dennis needs something that can find gold and there is not much out there on the market worth a hill of beans. Two boxes and larger metal detectors for all metal is about the best but then they only go about 4 to 5 feet for a large target. If there is any better equipment on the market to locate treasure I wish someone with demonstrate it.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...easure-hunting-condensed-118.html#post5536867

Have you tried capturing auras?

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dennis has been trying to work a deal with the state for about 10 years on this one. It is on state property. Maybe he finally got it done. It is suppose to be in a "cave" that closed by a road back in 1969. I am assuming a logging road from what pictures I have seen of it. As for him digging illegally, the DNR put cameras up and he did also. It was sort of a "Mexican stand off". Hopefully all is now being done legally and we will see what is in there.
Before he talk to the state, he should hired an attorney to do his talking for him. He may had better luck.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... It does not work either.

Tsk tsk tsk. But don't you know how the camera-aura-believers will respond to this ? They simply say you didn't practice enough. And/or you weren't doing it right. Tsk tsk. If you tried it a day, you shoulda tried a week. If you tried a week, then you shoulda tried a month. If you tried a month, you should a tried a year. If you tried a year, then you shoulda tried 10 yrs. And so forth, till infinity.

It's never that it doesn't work. It's that you need more practice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread