Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Waco Kid

Apr 21, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Re: OLD BENTWOOD BOX'S AND DEM BOARDS

To me, the thread is getting more and more confusing. In fact, I don't know why I'm still looking at it. Probably I keep looking in hopes that I'll see something that tells me what it's actually about, but so far that hasn't happened. What I see are a couple of boxes that look like they are made of ordinary plywood, fastened together with nails and wooden dowels. I also gather that the area in question is positively littered with "dem boards" whatever those may be. I am mystified to read that the "cops" have dated some of the "dem boards" to 1735. Who called the cops in? I also see what appear to be blue plastic beads in someone's hand with no explanation as to what they have to do with anything. What date do the cops place on those beads? For that matter, what is the cops' opinion of the boxes themselves or of the other assorted trinkets? I also didn't know that the Indians discovered how to make a wheel - that's the first I have heard of it. I'll retire now to the sidelines and see if any relief is forthcoming.

Ralphw

May 26, 2003
long island ny
Detector(s) used
white's dfx Bounty hunter landstar

I do agree It is a little confusing.... if i were you i would make a web page documenting this from the first day for found this stuff and as clear as possible.

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Georgian bent wood box taken for reburial

Waco kid,  you have the same id as the logging company that logged the area.
What i am trying to do here, is find out who made all these boxes and why did they put them in caves.. these boxes are supposed to be protected, because of the connection to graves. Sadly i missed seeing one of the box's. In the summer 06, i went to go see one. My friend told me the bay it was in, we searched the bush , we found a dry over hang and searched the area and found no box.  I talked to him yesterday and asked him if it was in the over hang , , he said it was right there sitting on the floor.. he reported it to the band and now its gone, i only hope there are pictures somewhere ..    the one he took to the cave took the box and the bones, she gathered them up and put them in the box and took them.. I think it was another of Georges men. 

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x

I belive at this point we are being subjected to a tall a tale.
Dem boards-dem-boards-dem.. dry boards

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Georgian bent wood box taken for reburial

hmmm said:
he reported it to the band and now its gone
i think "the doors" will be happy to have a replacement panel
all joking aside
interesting read but convoluted to a sort :-\

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

just replace dem boards with dem bones.

Ralphw

May 26, 2003
long island ny
Detector(s) used

hmmm said:

I'm really interested in your posts but I find it hard to follow.
I knew about the boards bones,

I still think you need to sit down for half a day and write it out from the day you found out about this stuff to now in detail... using all the pictures you have.

its interesting but hard to follow

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250

Ralphw said:
hmmm said:

I'm really interested in your posts but I find it hard to follow.
I knew about the boards bones,

I still think you need to sit down for half a day and write it out from the day you found out about this stuff to now in detail... using all the pictures you have.

its interesting but hard to follow

What he said...

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

THE PROBLEM WITH DOING THAT IS THE LOCAL LAWS. i have learned the hard way that there are treasure hunting companies with millions of dollars, they have no problem taking what i have found and breaking the law to do it. It happened with the first box i found, after i found the site, i went home , researched what it could be, when i went back 3 months later , the site looked as if nothing had changed , but things did change, and the buried treasure was gone. for all i know , it could have been 500,000 silver coins , all cemented together, buried deep within a cave , marked by the pirates skull and cross bones. if my story is hard to follow, its because of the frustration of finding something, and walking away leaving it for those less honest. ;) this picture is what we found 3 mounths later, you dont want to hear what i have to say , which was caught on video.

Attachments

• crossbones.jpg
    crossbones.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 4,595

Ralphw

May 26, 2003
long island ny
Detector(s) used

don't mention names or exact places.... just the story

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

my story is relay long and started with these caves.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,112379.0.html
the profile picture is a interesting part of my story, the picture was taken in the 1800's less then a mile from the box. its Robert Lewis Stevenson's ship. He wrote the fantasy about young Jim hawkins finding a cave with 700,000 silver coins buried in it. they took what they could hall and left the rest for the next lucky treasure hunter to stumble on. hmm

Attachments

• silver.jpg
    silver.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 4,736

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used

Still listening, still intriged,..............

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This is a very significant peice to the box puzzel. I noticed this peice of wood under a ledge looking over a bay. i took a picture and noticed there was a head .  actualy,  IT WAS A [head]---- on a plater, very odd find, yet connected to the boxes.   i cant help to assume this is also  connected.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,114520.0.html
i should say, for those who are confused just pm me.

Attachments

• headboard1.jpg
    headboard1.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 4,714

Ralphw

May 26, 2003
long island ny
Detector(s) used

to me this piece of wood looks as if it may have come from somewhere on a boat....
I have built boats and studied boatbuilding quite a bit....
I have some friends... will check it out

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used

It looks to be a wedge to lock some kind of wheel or cog

Ralphw

May 26, 2003
long island ny
Detector(s) used

look at the area above his thumb... it is compressed like a cross beam would be supporting deck. that spot would rest on a stringer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread