Probably a stupid question.. but

zombieraccoon

Dec 30, 2017
Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Living about 10 minutes from the Superstition mountains in AZ, my eyes are already almost permanently rolled into the back of my head from all the stories of lost treasures, most bordering on the ubsurd. But having never really given such things serious consideration, my question is this:

Outside of mysterious maps are there any credible cyphers, codes or other similar types of "puzzles" that remain unsolved ? I rather enjoy puzzles and figured it could be fun to try a "real" one for a change.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been said...

"There is no such thing as a stupid question"

But I noticed...

There was nothing said about the answer being stupid.

:)

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Well, there is the Voynich Manuscript. I wouldn't suggest spending any time on the Beale "code." That myth has pretty much been blown out of the water.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Living about 10 minutes from the Superstition mountains in AZ, my eyes are already almost permanently rolled into the back of my head from all the stories of lost treasures, most bordering on the ubsurd. But having never really given such things serious consideration, my question is this:

Outside of mysterious maps are there any credible cyphers, codes or other similar types of "puzzles" that remain unsolved ? I rather enjoy puzzles and figured it could be fun to try a "real" one for a change.

Well when you start off with a negative attitude, it is pretty much assured you will never find any treasure unless purely by accident. Treasure tales do not form out of the air, nearly all are based on facts though things get distorted over time and exaggerated as well.

There are many real mysterious maps, cyphers and waybills to treasure that remain unsolved. The Tayopa inventory, the Copper Scroll, heck even the Beale ciphers might be real although there are reasons to suspect it is a fake. If these are not up your alley, there is a legend of a secret cave full of "Egyptian" mummies and artifacts in the Grand Canyon, a legend of a lost city in Death Valley, a lost pyramid in Arizona, a lost ship loaded with pearls in the Colorado desert of southern CA, or perhaps you could find the site where Sir Francis Drake put ashore in California to repair his ship, for he dumped tons of silver there to lighten his cargo load. It really depends on what you like and where you are located, for in the east there is the lost city of Norumbega to search for along with Vinland of the Norse colonists or the lost colony of Roanoke, lost Spanish missions and forts across the southern states, Mound Builder cities dotting the country and we could go on and on with the list but you get the picture. The opportunities are there, just pick one and get after it. Good luck and good hunting to you, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bob Ward's "map" to the location where he said that Ted De Grazia buried 18 sketches and/or paintings sealed in sections of pvc pipes ( so you may as well leave the MD gadgets at home ) might be the closest thing to a cypher/puzzle that I know of.
Could be right up your alley......

Ward's DeGrazia map.jpg

Good luck !!
I've spent a couple of days out there on this one myself.....

Regards:SH.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread