Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
  • Hopefully Not a RE-Run
  • Omaha daily bee. (Omaha [Neb.]), 31 Aug. 1902.

000aaa.jpg
000bbb.jpg
000ccc.jpg
000ddd.jpg
000eee.jpg
000fff.jpg
000ggg.jpg
000hhh.jpg

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...&proxValue=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=387

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Now that's the Good Old Stuff!

Thank you for posting it.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
jeff, it would be sooo cool if the reading eagle or the pottsville republican would run reprints of all the old time articles that you post. a weekly run could be interesting. i betcha alot of readers would flock to it, i know i would. kevin in pa.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff, it would be sooo cool if the reading eagle or the pottsville republican would run reprints of all the old time articles that you post. a weekly run could be interesting. i betcha alot of readers would flock to it, i know i would. kevin in pa.

Yea I seem to Remember Back in BC (Before home Computer) I could go to the Library
& search The Pottsville Republicans Vintage Papers online.
for some reason they took that away from the public :(
the Eagle may have had that Search Option Also.

There used to be a Paper here, The West Schuylkill Press.

There was a Man in Tower City, had the Entire Micro Film Collection From Beginning to End 1800's up.
and a Micro Film Reader . Said he got hours of enjoyment looking up old Sports Scores ? :BangHead:
but refused to Sell it to Me :(
I Still wonder what happened to it after He Died.
I wasn't able to attend the 3 Day Auction. :(

I Got some awesome Deals from him, like a 1795 Lettered Edge Large Cent for less then 5 Cents. I took a Big Handfull :tongue3:
(a Handful of Tokens for $1.00 Contained it & other gems,
had to be over 30 in my hand. I Made a Few Hundred From) & Local History Books for $2.00 each.
But I Just couldn't Convince him The Micro Film Library Should be Mine :dontknow:

He got it for Free when the Paper Sold out.
I Would have given him a Grand for it.

Last edited:

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Tales of Famous Lost Mines / Tradition & Tragedy

The company that owns Newspapers.com (Ancestry.com) has been buying up the rights to the archives of newsies large and small, many of which are now owned by one of several large chain owners. It's all part of the corporate attempt to monetize information found on the internet as well as any old print that was available only on public library microfiches. Praise the almighty dollar !

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The company that owns Newspapers.com (Ancestry.com) has been buying up the rights to the archives of newsies large and small, many of which are now owned by one of several large chain owners. It's all part of the corporate attempt to monetize information found on the internet as well as any old print that was available only on public library microfiches. Praise the almighty dollar !

Between the monetization octopus and the search engine algorithms, it seems tougher to find information of any kind anymore. At least my Adblocker still works well.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

Maybe we ought to have a sub forum for the Lost Cabin mine of Wyoming? There are quite a few sources and tales about it, and people are hunting for it. Just an idea of course, but it would be nice if all the threads on this famous lost mine were under one forum.

Please do continue:

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I am gathering material on this one. I have roughly 3,500 newspaper pages to go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread