Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Ok resident experts, I'll keep this short, how does one go about finding a financial partner? There are many wacko's out there and lets face it, I just might be one of them. :BangHead:
Go easy, Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance
DJ
Seek assistance or partners within a group of persons whom are knowledgable of the treasure your seeking
it is a waste of time trying to work with people who know nothing and cannot appreciate what you have discovered

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet DJ !
I'm no Expert on Financial Gobble-De-Gook

That is Very Hard to Answer.

First Thing you would Probably need a Lawyer & Be able to Draw up a Prospectus,
Contracts & Stocks .

Unless you Have a Rich Friend, OR meet an Addicted Gambler.

as To where to Look then , I don't Know :dontknow:

For Example

#1. It is against the Rules here to Ask for Financial Help.

&

#2. if it Was not, People are Soooo Paranoid, They would be accusing you of
everything under the Sun :tongue3: Heck... Some Accuse People of
Trying to Scam them, Just by Making a Post about TV shows :dontknow:

I Know people Like Mel Fisher was able to Get Backers, But I Don't know Where
he went to Advertise.

Last edited:

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok resident experts, I'll keep this short, how does one go about finding a financial partner? There are many wacko's out there and lets face it, I just might be one of them. :BangHead:
Go easy, Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance
DJ

Hola amigo

Some times we have to be honest with ourselves. Ask yourself this would you put your own money into the project that you propose? What type of funding are you seeking? A few bucks or several million.

I think there is no easy answer to your question as we know nothing about your project? So because of the general nature of question can only ever get a generalized answer.

In essence each project is unique in its own right. Small funding or big ticket item, You have consider the type of project land or sea? local or interstate or if international borders to be crossed? Perhaps negotiated agreements between governments? And of course any deals and permissions of land owners etc.. All of these things can cloud and make the issue much more complex.

In short you have to develop a business plan. Not just business plan but a real viable legal plan. Rich men are not rich because they are stupid? They are rich because they are smart? And they do not part with cash so easily.

There is no market where you can look for backers. Other then researching potential backers. Ie those people inclined to support such projects. Contacting them is not easy. They have thousands of people trying all the time to get money from them for charities and other projects.

Institutions, large companies and corporations will never do business with an private individual. Unless you have a very viable business plan and a legally registered company. So the business agreement can be conducted via the relevant countries corporate law. And such a project do not put their name company or corporation in ill-repute. Even then there was no guarantees.

Treasure hunting in circles of the high esteemed with money see treasure hunting as grubby these days. It was not always the case back in early 20th century.

But once again the above is a generalization.

Ps before you approach anyone you might need to draft non disclosure agreement to protect your information. However you cannot deem anything that is common knowledge as secret information. Each secret has to be stated as confidential to a prospective partner or investor must sign an agreement. Which also must state all interested parties in such venture.

That confidentiality agreement is the first part of such business proposal which should be signed before any prospective partner or investor looks at the business proposal. Failing or deliberate omitting relevant information in such a business plan that misleads or impends investors or partners from getting an accurate assessment of such proposal can leave you legally liable under corporations act. Your proposal should have clear list of points to legally indemnify yourself. Ie on risk nature of the project etc... So make sure your business plan is legal before putting such a document forward to investors or partners.

Mal

OP
OP
D

DJ Marley

Tenderfoot
Nov 15, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, Thank you, I know exactly what you mean. ;-)

OP
OP
D

DJ Marley

Tenderfoot
Nov 15, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
South Sea, Que paso! mi amigo, There is no easy answer, It is difficult to relay what one knows about a given project without exposing the prominence, I can't count how many have contacted me in the past with their supposed massive treasure only to discover they found a what? A Royal Poodle?

Disclosure is everything with agreements in place, I know this, I don't think Prominence will be a problem. Type of property can be a big set back but there are ways to proceed with few exceptions. I'd rather deal with a Mexico land owner any day of the week over BLM Land however even there exists possible peaceable resolutions. But where I am in all this, is technology, I, or we need technology, There are many twirly thing a ma-bops out there all of which claim they work, even after you tell them to go away as the crawl back into their old rusted 82 Toyota Truck, no offense, I have one too. Thermal Imaging is one that I seek, drone mounted and at least 500 Pixel, but more importantly someone who can actually fly it, operate the programs and I MUST be able to see and review and interpret the data. Lidar would only be helpful in one or two cases. There are some interesting developments with respect to the use a magnetometer combined with certain programming etc.

I am not a treasure hunter yet I seek, usually based on a very old document that has not seen the light of day since it was written. For the most part I am looking for the voids in the ground, ground disturbances, I need to know where there was a shaft but has been filled. GPR is great if you are looking for buried utilities in down town Phoenix, but I am not real impressed with the results on a rocky uneven mountain side, there isn’t a coffee cup holder.

There are snakes among you in this treasure site, just be aware. Thank You few who have responded, I suppose it has to begin with presentation which I don't have an issue with under the right circumstances. Contrary to popular belief, there is just too much out there to get greedy.

Alan M, although I appreciate your comments, there is no one "knowledgeable" of the treasure I am seeking.

Last edited:

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You might try Josh Gates. He has a show called "Expedition Unknown" You could make money from just having your searched filmed.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You might try Josh Gates. He has a show called "Expedition Unknown" You could make money from just having your searched filmed.
He won’t reply and some of his staff have a warpped sense of humor toward those who try to pitch suggestions or ideas to him.

OP
OP
D

DJ Marley

Tenderfoot
Nov 15, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Not an option, but thanks

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Alan M, although I appreciate your comments, there is no one "knowledgeable" of the treasure I am seeking.

Don’t fool yourself, if no one knows about your treasure, it probably doesn’t exist

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
May I simply respond in due respect but in fun with, LOL?
What I intended to confer was that, if a treasure does exist.....there is someone, somewhere that is at least aware of it.
I did not intend any disrespect to you or your information, if you do not like the answers provided then...don’t ask the question.

OP
OP
D

DJ Marley

Tenderfoot
Nov 15, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
um.... but I didn't ask that question. But It's ok, same answer with due respect, LOL I know you meant no disrespect whatsoever. If there was someone, it would be because I told them ;-)

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Arg, Matey...then thee treasure we speak of must be YOURS!

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy DJ,

If you indeed have an authentic document leading to treasure, it should have landmarks, direction, and distance, so why the need for new technology? Just get you a good pala, and dig it out.

Homar

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DJ Marley

I wish you well with your project. And fear not I am not treasure hunter more of an armchair one who over the years as sea captain had encounters with 2 very different groups of treasure hunters.

The advise I gave you was from interesting character I met in Tahiti. Drunk as skunk propped up by two lovely Tahitian dancers. Only way to describe him as an Aussie version of Homar Simpson. :-) Definitively not the muscle bound hero like in treasure hunting movies. But definitely not a man to be underestimated.

Never seen a guy drink himself sober. While at first he looked like any ordinary drunken bum on holiday. I never saw some one totally change from a drunk into business mode so quick. Snap like he two different persons. He chartered my cargo ship paying all up front. Lobbed a big pile of cash on the table and said money talks bull sh.t walks. I was never privy to the exact details as it was made very clear what my services was to be. He was to his credit a man of his word.

The guy was very professional. I had the pleasure sharing part of voyage with this strange character. Even so I never got close to knowing what he and his cohorts was fully up to. Strictly need to know only. But he did tell me a few things about treasure hunting.

Treasure hunting is world of smoke and mirrors. Nothing is what it seems. For him and his partners and associates have clear objectives everyone else was left second guessing. It I imagine was a way to protect one selves from the snakes?

I guess that is what you allude to about snakes freeloaders, hangers on and those who claim jump some ones research., instead he did not refer them as snakes but sharks. But imagine he said the same thing. However he did say the dangers for most people who search by themselves for treasure become too self absorbed in what they are after. Without second opinion to bounce ideas off they become egocentric and build a pre-determined idea. Some times that becomes their undoing. It becomes their precious baby blind to all else. Some times the task of recovering a treasure is just too big for one person alone. Without strategic alliances. He said treasure hunting is not totally about researching and finding it, but also positioning ourselves to benefit from it.

He told me he and his associates have searched the world for treasures and will work with people from all walks of life at first giving small tasks to see how they progress over time. They weed out the hangers on, freeloaders overtly egocentric and those unable to work with other impatient people. The people they look for a intelligent, loyal and have passion, patience and dedication able to work as a team.

They rarely ever promote anything they find in public. Only deal with governments if there is no other option. They never plan or expect the whole amount of treasure will be theirs to keep. He joked with me once the key to successful recovery operation bribe the crap out of everyone. :-)

These guys are not the type you see strutting around on tv treasure hunting shows they avoid such people as if they have the plague. Nor are they the type to overtly display wealth either.

It would not be of surprise for me some where some place as I type this they are working on various projects even as I post this. Because they are type that will never retire because they live and breath such things.

So I wish you the best in your quest and hopefully you are in right mindset to succeed.

Mal

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DJ Marley

I wish you well with your project. And fear not I am not treasure hunter more of an armchair one who over the years as sea captain had encounters with 2 very different groups of treasure hunters.

The advise I gave you was from interesting character I met in Tahiti. Drunk as skunk propped up by two lovely Tahitian dancers. Only way to describe him as an Aussie version of Homar Simpson. :-) Definitively not the muscle bound hero like in treasure hunting movies. But definitely not a man to be underestimated.

Never seen a guy drink himself sober. While at first he looked like any ordinary drunken bum on holiday. I never saw some one totally change from a drunk into business mode so quick. Snap like he two different persons. He chartered my cargo ship paying all up front. Lobbed a big pile of cash on the table and said money talks bull sh.t walks. I was never privy to the exact details as it was made very clear what my services was to be. He was to his credit a man of his word.

The guy was very professional. I had the pleasure sharing part of voyage with this strange character. Even so I never got close to knowing what he and his cohorts was fully up to. Strictly need to know only. But he did tell me a few things about treasure hunting.

Treasure hunting is world of smoke and mirrors. Nothing is what it seems. For him and his partners and associates have clear objectives everyone else was left second guessing. It I imagine was a way to protect one selves from the snakes?

I guess that is what you allude to about snakes freeloaders, hangers on and those who claim jump some ones research., instead he did not refer them as snakes but sharks. But imagine he said the same thing. However he did say the dangers for most people who search by themselves for treasure become too self absorbed in what they are after. Without second opinion to bounce ideas off they become egocentric and build a pre-determined idea. Some times that becomes their undoing. It becomes their precious baby blind to all else. Some times the task of recovering a treasure is just too big for one person alone. Without strategic alliances. He said treasure hunting is not totally about researching and finding it, but also positioning ourselves to benefit from it.

He told me he and his associates have searched the world for treasures and will work with people from all walks of life at first giving small tasks to see how they progress over time. They weed out the hangers on, freeloaders overtly egocentric and those unable to work with other impatient people. The people they look for a intelligent, loyal and have passion, patience and dedication able to work as a team.

They rarely ever promote anything they find in public. Only deal with governments if there is no other option. They never plan or expect the whole amount of treasure will be theirs to keep. He joked with me once the key to successful recovery operation bribe the crap out of everyone. :-)

These guys are not the type you see strutting around on tv treasure hunting shows they avoid such people as if they have the plague. Nor are they the type to overtly display wealth either.

It would not be of surprise for me some where some place as I type this they are working on various projects even as I post this. Because they are type that will never retire because they live and breath such things.

So I wish you the best in your quest and hopefully you are in right mindset to succeed.

Mal

*chuckles* Would that be a certain black bird you are referring to - I wonder ...

OP
OP
D

DJ Marley

Tenderfoot
Nov 15, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy DJ,

If you indeed have an authentic document leading to treasure, it should have landmarks, direction, and distance, so why the need for new technology? Just get you a good pala, and dig it out.

Homar

I guess you could say I have been around long enough to know X never marks the spot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions