Could this be a Lost Pyramid in the Jungles of Mexico?

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Thought I would post this here. Its been a long time since I have been on the forums, but a friend of mine found this possible pyramid in the jungles of Mexico a few years ago using Google Maps. From the aerial image it was certainly interesting in its shape alone but when we started looking at other images and topo maps of the area, we started to see some alignments we couldn't just dismiss. Check it out and see what you think. We are talking with several archaeologist, but want to try to put together an expedition to survey it with LiDAR. It is very deep in the jungle and getting there on foot would be extreme.

We wanted to document the find with a website or video. I have no illusions of travelling down there and trying to be Indiana Jones. We just thought it was a possible huge discovery and wanted to share! Let me know your thoughts or suggestions.....

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be cool to parachute in and check it out. Ive seen photos of myan ruins from the air where no one has gone there since they left Cool post

OP
OP
rgecy

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
That would be cool to parachute in and check it out. Ive seen photos of myan ruins from the air where no one has gone there since they left Cool post

Parachute in but no way out? Maybe go in comando style and repel from the chopper and get picked back up later by chopper. But risky if we get stuck! LOL! Sounds fun.....

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda like those old mines that go down for what seems like miles. get tea bagged down it by Chopper with a big light lol

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that's why no one goes to the Myan ruins is all the critters and who knows what else and the thick vegetation ect

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Thought I would post this here. Its been a long time since I have been on the forums, but a friend of mine found this possible pyramid in the jungles of Mexico a few years ago using Google Maps. From the aerial image it was certainly interesting in its shape alone but when we started looking at other images and topo maps of the area, we started to see some alignments we couldn't just dismiss. Check it out and see what you think. We are talking with several archaeologist, but want to try to put together an expedition to survey it with LiDAR. It is very deep in the jungle and getting there on foot would be extreme.

We wanted to document the find with a website or video. I have no illusions of travelling down there and trying to be Indiana Jones. We just thought it was a possible huge discovery and wanted to share! Let me know your thoughts or suggestions.....

Fascinating! Thanks for sharing this, hope you will keep us posted?

Please do continue;

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been to some lesser known ruins down there. While any "undiscovered " temples would by definition be extremely inaccessible you can't go five miles without finding some Mayan ruins. The temples are often next to the fresh water sink holes that have a beautiful azure color. These "sinotes" were the water source and are sinkholes in the limestone. There are also salt water ones they used as their sewers. There are some great artifacts in the sinotes that were offerings to the Gods. Good stuff.
I got to play Indiana Jones when I was exploring the limestone caverns under some ruins. I discovered a backpack hiddenup on a ledge in the cave with some looted artifacts. I stuffed some of them in my bag (I know I know bad karma but I was young) and eventually made my way out. I became aware that two guys were following me. I think I had spooked them and they stashed their goods. I was alone in the jungle a few miles from the old Spanish fort where we had taken refuge during a hurricane. It was closing in on darkness and the wind and rain were sweeping in in sheets. The faster I hustled the more I could feel these guys tailing me. I decided to dump all but a few of the artifacts on the trail to throw them off before I got myself in over my head. As soon as I did the guys stopped following me. I have some great photos in an old shoebox of the cave full of bats, the sinotes , the ruins etc. I even have the artifacts lol. If I get a chance I'll post them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread