Ark of the Covenant may be hidden in Africa, biblical scholars believe

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(deleted by mod)

All of this world's older religions have their artifacts and "relics" as symbols of faith and humility.....that there is truth in their history, their faith and that there will always be a power and wisdom greater than any individual or even group of followers. It is those who dismiss these things, assuming there can be no one greater than themselves and "their" chosen leaders who most often display the worst characteristics of humanity, and it is quite clear that is what they worship and practice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Samanthy, per our rules please keep religious attacks and comments out of the forums. Members can discuss religious treasures but not theology. Religion and politics can only be discussed on our politics forum.

Last edited:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , In the last 800 years most of the holy lands and the middle east was controlled by the the Ottoman Turkish Empire and the British . So then was the USA in control? TP

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , In the last 800 years most of the holy lands and the middle east was controlled by the the Ottoman Turkish Empire and the British . So then was the USA in control? TP

Nope. In fact nobody has been in control since the UN got involved with that in mind.
Which is why the area has seen so much conflict since the termination of the British Mandate on May 14,1948.

Last edited:

joshputman

Mar 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, come on, the US government has it in a crate stuck in a secret warehouse somewhere. It was recovered by Indiana Jones. [emoji12][emoji16][emoji16]

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also believe it was recovered by Harrison Ford some time in the 80's.

chub

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday amigos

The alleged Ark of the convent has sparked many theories amigo. But how one can find the lost ark when ever historians and archeologists cannot even agree on the actually location of the 1st temple on the temple mount?

It is generally agreed that the ark disappeared during the destruction of the 1st temple. Here is a map of two key proposed sites of the temple. To complicate thing the second temple was built over the dome of the rock. In second temple period built by king Herod incense was burned on the spot where the ark rested. There are ongoing debate on the exact location of the first temple. As you can see below.

568ebe087801988e703aa9b83f442bb4.jpg

Getting a better understanding of the above problem in regards to the site of first temple? Was in fact in the same spot as the second temple? Can give us a better understanding where it actually disappeared from.

The alleged Ark was not seen after the destruction of the first Temple was looted and then destroyed in 586/587 BCE at the hands of the Babylonian king Nebuchadnezzar II. Thus the looting of the second temple built by king Herod by the Roman which brought the temple loot back to Rome and is celebrated on the Titus arch in Rome shows all the temple treasure except the Ark. Why because it was lost from the looting of the first temple?

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday amigos

The Ark was held in Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem until the Babylonian siege of Jerusalem of 586 BC. After the Temple was destroyed, the Ark seemingly vanished never to bee seen again.

However Professor Tom Meyer, a public speaker and college lecturer, believes there are clues about the Ark's secret whereabouts.

He claims "It was common for temples in the Ancient Near East to have a designated space for sacred religious objects which were the property of the deity worshipped there.

"According to the Bible, the Temple in Jerusalem built by King Solomon had such designated storage areas hidden from the public eye in the bowels of the Temple Mount.

"It was in secret chambers like these, whose whereabouts were guarded by a select few, that the Ark of the Covenant could have been hidden before the final Babylonian invasion of Judah in 586 BC, which culminated with the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple of Solomon."

The Bible lists the many treasures plundered and carried to Babylon by the King Nebuchadnezzar.
But the biblical records do not mention the Ark of the Covenant, suggesting it may have never been stolen.
The plundered treasures were later sent back to Jerusalem on the order King Cyrus and were restored to the Second Jewish Temple.

In total, some 5,400 objects were returned to the Israelites - but there is no mention of the Ark among the relics.
Professor Meyer said: "Jewish sources in the Second Temple period tells us that after the Ark of the Covenant went missing, the Holy of Holies - the Ark’s former resting place - remained empty in the Second Temple period; all that remained in the holy spot was a stone jutting above the ground at the height of three fingers, this is where the Ark of the Covenant once stood and where the Muslim Dome of the Rock rests today.

“Based on over a millennium of Jewish tradition, Maimonides the famous 12th century AD Jewish sage stated that when Solomon built the first Jewish Temple, he was aware that it would ultimately be destroyed.

"Therefore, he constructed a chamber, in which the Ark of the Covenant could be hidden below the Temple surface in deep, maze-like vaults."

There is also mention of the Israelite King Josiah hiding the Ark in a secret underground tunnel under Jerusalem's Temple Mount, under an area known as the wood storage, in the seventh century BC.

Professor Meyer said: "This wood storage area is perhaps located halfway between the site of the former holy of holies - where the Dome of the Rock now stands - and the modern-day Golden Gate.

"This underground vault is known as chamber #12. This chamber some 40 feet underground was last explored in 1865 by the English archaeologist Charles Wilson.

"He journaled the following about his explorations of chamber #12 'cut into the rock…is a low doorway that leads to a flight of steps. This…passage is covered by semicircular vaulting, and at the end are the remains of another doorway…blocked by earth.'

"The most famous archaeological object yet to be found could still be resting quietly in the subterranean chambers behind this dirt-sealed doorway just below the hustle and bustle of the thousands of pilgrims daily touring the Temple Mount."

It remains to be seen whether the Ark of the Covenant will ever be discovered. However any exploration is discouraged by hotly contentious views by the 3 main religious groups that lay claim to the temple mount.

Any one interested in seeing pictures?

Crow

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And what of the tale that the prophet Jeremiah putting the ark of the covenant in a cave on Mt Nebo???

Wouldn't it be something IF it was brought to the Americas???And what IF its resting place is mentioned and recorded in the Cursum Perficio???

We may never know...Unless some lucky person connects all of the dots and realizes it...

Ed T

P.s. Here is a little something I came up with earlier this month...

Created By Ancient Men (Tanka)

I've been to the moon
And I have walked on the sun
I'm no astronaut
Yet I've been to the heavens
Created by ancient men

Edwin Tanguma 3/6/2021

Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still believe that it is hidden there in Jerusalem.

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still believe that it is hidden there in Jerusalem.

I believe its most likely still hidden in a secret underground chamber. However that hypothesis will never be tested as the powers to be the three main religious groups that control the dome of the rock will not permit archeological excavations in the tunnel under what is now the Temple mount.

On the temple mount where the first temple and second temple stood is dome of the rock and outcrop you can see below. On the lower left hand you can see a hole with a light in it. ( interesting note on the dome of the Rock you can see carved rectangular flat areas? the one on the right was reserved for the ark of the covenant during the time of the second temple )

20776778_10150894965609969_9009018799371950289_o.jpg

It was original entrance to cave known as the Well of Souls. In the 12th century the Templars dug an access stairway into the cavern below.

20767778_10150894965639969_3608114638437582082_n.jpg

Inside the Well of the souls below

20799067_10150894965579969_3142961341358508100_n.jpg

What is interesting in the floor pattern in the well of souls there is cover over shaft by a concrete and title cover.

20799472_10150894965714969_3458933836474909293_n.jpg

This shaft believed to be a natural karst was partly explored about 120 odd year ago, there was rubble filled passage ways leading to ? known one knows. but here is a passage way from under the dome of the rock below.

800px-City_of_david_-_Warren's_shaft_Pir_IMG_4894.jpg

Valter_Juvelius_Parker_missionjpg.jpg

Kanacki

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday Kanacki

Its good you got pictures of the floor of the well of the souls as normally it is covered with prayer carpet.

If you follow the Gihon tunnel which is water tunnel deep underneath halfway through the tunnel below there is what appears to be a stone lid in the ceiling. It is hypothesized that it connected to shaft under the well of souls.

Gihon33s caanite tunnel.jpg

I have posted some where on this site before a map of the shaft. It was explored again without permission by an english man in 1911. the caretaker of the mosque heard digging and removal of debris in which caused a near riot. The Englishman and his group of followers had to flee the country as they nearly lynched by an angry mob.

That was the last time anyone has explored the tunnel.

Even archeologists cannot get access to the site.

Crow

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Crow my raggedy old friend.

Do you still have that photo of the entrance of the shaft from Gihon Tunnel? I recall the tunnel was dug by Cannites?

Here was a stone inscription telling who dug the tunnel found in the late 19th century.

ShiloahInscriptionS.jpg

Kanacki

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hola Crow my raggedy old friend.

Do you still have that photo of the entrance of the shaft from Gihon Tunnel? I recall the tunnel was dug by Cannites?

Here was a stone inscription telling who dug the tunnel found in the late 19th century.

View attachment 1918457

Kanacki

Gidday Kanacki

I have it somewhere I have to dig it up. ha no pun intended.

It is funny I could not remember the name of the Englishman from the 1911 expedition?

Then ping it popped into my head "Parker"

Lord Morley led the "Parker Expedition", which carried out excavations searching for treasure from Solomon's Temple between 1909 and 1911. Neil Asher Silberman described the expedition as "Conceived in folly, but planned with cunning, the Parker Mission had come to Jerusalem with a single goal: to locate and unearth the fantastic treasure of Solomon’s Temple buried beneath the Temple Mount.

Montagu Brownlow Parker, 5th Earl of Morley (13 October 1878 – 28 April 1962) The real life Indiana Jones.

Here is one of best map of tunnels under the temple mount.

tunnels under temple mount parker.jpg

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday Kanacki

About halfway through the tunnel from the Gihon spring to the pool of Slalom. In the ceiling of the tunnel there is high spot a small natural cave the tunnel dug into in the ceiling of that cave appears to cover a shaft above.

Here is the picture below. Is it the bottom of the natural karst under the well of souls?

blocked enterance in ceiling.JPG

blocked entrance 2.JPG

Hardluck climbed on my shoulders to reach the ceiling and was even then well too short to reach the ceiling. But he claimed he felt a draft of cold air blowing through the edges of the rock that seems to be acting as a plug. Then my back gave way...Old men should not stand on old men shoulders....

But that what ya get when the curiosity gets the better of ya.

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread