Lost Gold Ledge of the Chocolate Mountains...Found!!

Dec 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings Everyone,

This will be my first post in this forum. I have often come here through links while doing research but never signed up or posted. I am posting this because I believe I have found the lost gold ledge of the Chocolate Mountains. I am hoping to find someone on here who knows what I am speaking about, and I guess get some advice. I am not comfortable making much public about its location, but it is in an inaccesible (restricted) area. I am certain I have found it. I am also pretty sure I am not the first to have tracked it down. I am hoping to correspond with someone who knows where it is as well. Looking for advice or maybe to put together a small team for an expedition. Southern Cal, restricted area. Anyone in the know please send contact info..I will meet you halfway with proving I have the location. Please no fishing..only looking for a co-conspirator already in the know. Dont want to go out there alone.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why is it a restricted area?

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
There are many stories and legends about lost ledges in the Chocolate Mountains. Most are just stories. So far you have found nothing. You have a theory based on information. That information may, or may not, contain verifiable facts.

As to the area you believe this lost ledge being restricted, why is it restricted? Which agency or department controls the area? When I lived in sunny Southern California, decades ago, part of the Chocolate Mountains was a bombing range controlled, primarily, by the Navy. Some of that area is now controlled by BLM. I no longer monitor the land status of that area, so you will have to be much more specific.

Time for more coffee.

OP
OP
S
Dec 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am unwilling to discuss the location with anyone not already in the know. Sorry. Thanks for the reply.

Rick4570

Jun 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, Minelab 800 Equinox, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it must be on the Naval Gunnery Range part of the Chocolate Mtns. that's where most hunters of this ledge have put it.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Soooooooo you haven’t really “found” anything

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was in the Marines back in the 70's. We would go out to the Chocolate Mtns and call in airstrikes. Bombs, rockets, and Napalm. This was/is a dangerous place to explore because of possible un-detonated ordinance. I'm sure that's why it's restricted. It may still be used for military practice from time to time. Be careful when you dig. If you hear jets overhead, LEAVE

Last edited:

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
The time to leave an impact area is well before you hear the aircraft or artillery. Once you hear something, it is too late.

Time for more coffee.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been on the outer edges of that area and felt someone watching me and saw a military helicopter hovering in a canyon about a mile away watching me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread