Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO :( Missed it.

Didn't even know about it.

I watched & Enjoyed Hunting Hitler series.

Thanks for the Warning on the narrator.
I Don't think I'd ever enjoy watching anything he's on again

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watched about 40 minutes or so. Was starting to do the reality show double talk and stretching everything out to the next commercial. Last I saw they were in the second entrance, the one they got in. Is this gonna wind up as a 5 year drag on?.. grin

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watched about 40 minutes or so. Was starting to do the reality show double talk and stretching everything out to the next commercial. Last I saw they were in the second entrance, the one they got in. Is this gonna wind up as a 5 year drag on?.. grin

Sounds like another potential Jeraldo Rivera Stunt

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
It sounds like it's about 'The Monuments Men'. You can read the story online in The Smithsonian. There is a book about it and there was a movie with George Clooney and other notable actors in it. Very Good. Just search 'Monuments Men'

Amazing True Story about Hitler using these tunnels to hide gold, silver and Major Artwork..paintings and sculptures stolen from Churches, Museums, Jewish Private Homes, etc for a museum he was planning and also for his homes.

It really is an awesome story and pretty much was One Man who pushed to rescue these irreplaceable works of art and what this small band of men accomplished.

I didn't see the show you are talking about last night but that's what it sounds like.

Kace

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the announcer is the same on all History channel shows. He can put you to sleep on Oak Island, Ancient Aliens and now this show!

Interesting is the thought of what could have been in there from treasure, to weapons to who knows what. Keep us posted on this thread.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
i felt it was a complete waste of my time. they should send me a check for watching the show. it was that bad.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Imagining he vast scale of the manpower employed by the Israeli and Allied governments and all the private interests that were bent on recovering Nazi war spoils in the decades following WW2, its difficult to reconcile the idea of some massive trove still hidden away underground. I reckon whatever is still documented missing was either obliterated by bombs or financed the family fortunes of those lucky enough to have “found” it during the rebuilding of Europe.

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not seen this show. I will have to check this out.
There could still be some tunnels out there still filled with stuff.
Germany built thousands of miles of tunnels in many countries.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Imagining he vast scale of the manpower employed by the Israeli and Allied governments and all the private interests that were bent on recovering Nazi war spoils in the decades following WW2, its difficult to reconcile the idea of some massive trove still hidden away underground. I reckon whatever is still documented missing was either obliterated by bombs or financed the family fortunes of those lucky enough to have “found” it during the rebuilding of Europe.

The loot was moved to an empty, cave-riddled Victorio Peak following the idiot criminal Noss's death in 1947. It's a perfect back story - a mountain full of "Spanish treasure" discovered. Well, well, it's on Government land, so it belongs to the Government. The good old US of A. Then it's "recovered." Big piles go to LBJ, a few generals, and others. Most of it disappears into Black Ops. A clean way to launder a massive theft.

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hello Ryano

If your interested in searching for Nazi Funds I would be searching Switzerland first.

https://www.nytimes.com/1996/12/14/world/swiss-acknowledge-profiting-from-nazi-gold.html

https://www.economist.com/europe/1998/07/02/swiss-banks-and-nazi-gold

Kanacki

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
thanks Kanacki - I’ve enjoyed reading your posts and all the insight, knowledge, and experiences you’ve shared across the wonderful forum of TreasureNet. :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread