Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you're thinking. "Another network making treasure episodes." Or, "just looking for somebody elses work for free." But I promise it is neither.

I have a youtube channel that covers the Forrest Fenn treasure. I told my viewers that I was going to begin making videos about other treasure legends, and they seemd to like the idea. I got to thinking about what could make it more interested. I thought, "maybe people would be willing to do phone or video interviews and help share the story/legend."

I'm not interested in specifics, or info you have tracked down that would be crucial to you finding the treasure. I'm more interested in people that are willing to tell the history of the tales, indicators that make you believe it's not just a legend, and ultimately just having fun telling stories that get people excited and have their minds go to that place it went to as kids when we thought of treasure.

I took a poll, and the majority of people that answered the poll wanted to hear about the LDM, and the Superstition Mountains. I also want to make a 50 state series discussing the top 5 treasures in each state and why it's not just a legend.

The perfect example of what I'm trying to do would be like those top 5 videos, combined with videos like Terry Carter's, combined with a typical informative interview.

If anybody would like to participate, I would love to hear from you. If you want to remain anonymous or not show face, that can be figured out. Pretty much, while the discussion is going on, I'll be showing images/articles/maps, etc. on the screen for the viewers to look at while we stream/record.

Thank for reading :)

OP
OP
J

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you share the name of your YouTube channel with us please ?

Absolutely. But please help me out with a sub ;). I really want to grow this channel to everything treasure related, metal detecting, thrift store treasures, coin roll hunting, etc.

The channel name is "Rodney Greenway" and most videos are titled "Forrest Fenn Treasure Thoughts." I hope you like it. Please let me know what you think about it and share with any like-minded people that you think would enjoy it :)

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What you need to find is a set of "United States Treasure Atlas" thousands of "camp fire" stories in there for every state.
Gary
Picture 225.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you need to find is a set of "United States Treasure Atlas" thousands of "camp fire" stories in there for every state.
Gary
View attachment 1670827

Good recommendation. I'll look into it. I just feel like it would be more exciting bringing people on and having discussions about it. More personal/interesting than reading off the internet or books. But I'll definitely look into the book as a possibilty...and just to own myself ;) lol

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, I'll sub just because your a Tnet member. But I like watching stuff like that too.

I don't have any good treasure stories....But you never know!! One may come to me in my sleep!!!:laughing7: I'm sure I could Dream something up!!:laughing7: Just jkg around but I will check out the channel and Sub.

I may actually have a couple for Ohio, but making it interesting and more than 30 seconds would take a little thought. More like Urban legend type treasures that are passed around those areas. No real info or evidence to back them up as truth.

Look into Rogue's Hollow if you need some when you get to that state. Counterfeiters making and hiding money in a cave, outlaws, speak easy's, etc...Interesting little hidden place. We ran all over that little place exploring in our late teens early 20's. No shortage of stories for that area or locals looking for the stash of money in one of the old mines or "caves".

Here's a little example...
http://www.weirdus.com/states/ohio/fabled_people_and_places/roques_hollow/index.php

Last edited:

sushidingo

Mar 3, 2015
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster pro, at gold. Gold monster 1000. Equinox 800, sdc 2300, soon D2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely. But please help me out with a sub ;). I really want to grow this channel to everything treasure related, metal detecting, thrift store treasures, coin roll hunting, etc.

The channel name is "Rodney Greenway" and most videos are titled "Forrest Fenn Treasure Thoughts." I hope you like it. Please let me know what you think about it and share with any like-minded people that you think would enjoy it :)
Hey everyone. I also have a YouTube channel about detecting, exploring remote spots, ghost towns, magnet fishing, treasure hunting and whatever else i find fun at the time. Going to be hitting a super remote area and digging for relics soon. Its called "The Wandering Fools" if you guys want to check it out.

TintedSnow

Sep 25, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, White's Goldmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get with me on Alaska. Been hunting the legends all my life here.

OP
OP
J

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang. I just seen this, but heck yeah, that would be awesome. I'm gonna shoot you a PM with my email address so we can work something out. Just email me whenever you get a chance and feeling up to the task :)

lockdownking

Dec 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's see....there are lots of treasures in Florida, two in New Mexico (one I have searched for) the other I have compiled a ton of research on, a few in Texas, and one in Southern California.
I have put in 123 hours of driving time before figuring out the solution for Forrest Fenn's Treasure. The results of which you can find on my facebook page at Reconnaissance Treasure Hunters.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Let's see....there are lots of treasures in Florida, two in New Mexico (one I have searched for) the other I have compiled a ton of research on, a few in Texas, and one in Southern California.
I have put in 123 hours of driving time before figuring out the solution for Forrest Fenn's Treasure. The results of which you can find on my facebook page at Reconnaissance Treasure Hunters.

Why not post your Fenn solution here? A lot of us (I assume) are not on FB.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread