jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Eaton Democrat. (Eaton, Ohio), 25 Feb. 1886.

000aaa.jpg
000bbb.jpg
000ccc.jpg
000ddd.jpg
000eee.jpg
000fff.jpg
000ggg.jpg

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...&proxValue=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=864

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats kinda crazy is... this has been a little known / published / talked about heist.

The biggest diamond was found in a ditch... crazy.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your old news articles are interesting to review Jeff. Just imagine how many stories of losing something of value have not been written. Sometime in the 1930s my grandpa bought a lot in Burlington Iowa. Being to poor at the time of the depression he only used the lot to grow a garden on it instead of building a house he hope to do. While he was digging in the garden he recovered an 18k gold ring, with 5 old mine cut diamonds in it. My mom now 95 still remembers the time it was found and my grandpa even posted an add in the local paper saying he found it in hopes the person who lost it could get it back, but no one responded. That was most likely because the ring was at the time he found it was then 60 to 70 years old as I have it now and did the research of when it was made. It's English with marks to help in dating it. It's in mint condition and was most likely lost around the late 1860s to early 1870s by my guess. I asked my mom if she could still recall the address it was found so long ago and she remembered. I googled it and the address wasn't really in existence anymore, but it did pinpoint it to a parking lot to a large apartment complex, which looked to have been built around the late 1950s to early 1960s by the architecture imo. I always thought it be cool if I could find an old print of that add in the paper to add to that ring.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread