Desert Cache Recovery by “Ron”

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Like this thread title states, a treasure recovery was made by Ron (last name i don’t know) and Lost Treasure magazine featured it in a 1986 article.

The recovery team discovered a series of caches buried in geometric pattern. IIRC, petroglyphs were found in the area.

And that’s about all I know. I’m hoping other members know more specific info and are willing to discuss here in the forum. Thanks.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Like this thread title states, a treasure recovery was made by Ron (last name i don’t know) and Lost Treasure magazine featured it in a 1986 article.

The recovery team discovered a series of caches buried in geometric pattern. IIRC, petroglyphs were found in the area.

And that’s about all I know. I’m hoping other members know more specific info and are willing to discuss here in the forum. Thanks.

Ron Quinn. There have been a number of TNet threads in which this topic has surfaced. It was apparently a legitimate recovery in southern AZ, purportedly billed as a "Jesuit cache." I provided information a few years ago on one of the threads that linked the cache to a wealthy Mexican rancher who moved gold into the US during the Mexican Revolution to avoid confiscation from Villa's side of the struggle. I got my information from an unassailable source who knew Quinn and who himself was quite active and well-connected in the TH scene in AZ for many years. Most folks emotionally want the cache to be Jesuit, but I'll stick with what I found out since I prefer facts, or at least testimony from credible people.

If you have any luck with the TNet search feature, maybe you can find these threads. I have virtually no results using it myself. Try the Jesuit Treasures and Lost Dutchman categories as these should be the most likely places to search. Or maybe someone else has saved a link.

OP
OP
Ryano

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks for the leads, guys ! I will see if I can finesse the Search feature to find those old discussions here. I did order Ron's book "Treasures of Arizona" and I look forward to reading that very soon.

¡Salud!

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
when i first read this story i was very happy that someone found it big and was not afraid to show and tell, later, i read that it was a hoax. i hope not because it fueled my happy bone to the max. most never tell when it came out large.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread