Spider Rocks Treasure mystery west central Texas

rennes

Dec 11, 2016
Hatton, AR
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hi y'all,
Was looking over the Treasure Legends Thread and missed seeing anyone posting about the Spider Rocks Mystery. I find that strange from the point that more evidence exists suggesting this is a real deal than any or should we say most of the treasure legends greatly debated on this site.
Perhaps because we have met and associated with thousands of THers over the years, we have acquired great knowledge of this well documented treasure mystery. Friends and others we know have published some great books on this subject. Steve Wilson's book THE SPIDER ROCKS TREASURE is likely the most researched work, but really great researchers/writers like Dr. Duane Hale, Bill Townsley and our good friend Jerry Eckhart have all contributed to solving this mystery.
Recently, out of the blue, came newly discovered information on the Spider Rocks. Strange but, we have had that information for several years and have sat on it due to our secrecy clause protecting all material obtained from clients or prospective clients. Now a cousin of the family member from which we received the material just received a second binder of containing the same and more documents, maps, photos, letters, contracts, etc from the widow of her deceased brother. The cousin, in fact, is the daughter of the treasure hunter who recorded the information. George Mitchell and his brother spent years and a fortune, in the Spider Rocks country working out the devilish clues trying to locate the treasure. We were acquainted with members of George's team and knew some of the investors in the project. Now, Geroge's daughter Margaret and author Bill Townsley just published a new book from George's files on the Spider Rocks Mystery. Besides a wealth of knowledge not available anywhere else, George's manuscript titled THE SPIDER'S WEB, is included in the new book. The book uses scanned copies of the original typewritten pages. After reading THE SPIDER'S WEB several times and comparing it to our original files, which BTW came from Geroge's brother's grand niece, its possible with the other writings on this subject, this is America's best documented treasure hunt.If any of you are interested, Margaret and Bill will be in Rochester, Texas, in the Spider Rocks region, for a book signing on Saturday April 27th at the Rochester Trade Days get together. We also are told Bob Brewer, famous KGC treasure hunter will be there autographing his books. This may be "Hillbilly Bob's last public appearance. If you've ever wanted to talk to a real authority on American treasures this would be a good and maybe the last opportunity.
Marta

OP
OP
R

rennes

Dec 11, 2016
Hatton, AR
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have not been able to find anything on line regarding the newly published book. Where is it available?

Dirt,
The new book may not be on Amazon yet as it was just published a short time ago. We don't have the authors's emails handy but you may find them on Facebook, search Bill Townsley. He is on there regularly. He will be at the Rochester, TX Trade Days Event on Saturday April 27th. We were just notified that John London also will be at that event along with Hillbilly Bob Brewer. Wish I could go too. Darn....Marta

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Makro Deephunter Pro 3D, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirt,
The new book may not be on Amazon yet as it was just published a short time ago. We don't have the authors's emails handy but you may find them on Facebook, search Bill Townsley. He is on there regularly. He will be at the Rochester, TX Trade Days Event on Saturday April 27th. We were just notified that John London also will be at that event along with Hillbilly Bob Brewer. Wish I could go too. Darn....Marta
It saddens me to inform all of you of William (Bill) Townsley passing due to an illegal alien drunk driver this past year. I will miss you Bill.

Rest In Peace

LUE-Hawn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions