secret hidden cipher message need help identifying

Oldasdirt

Greenie
May 9, 2019
Fresno ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found it on1884 tin type photo album when the pages became detached from the cover IMG_20190426_172652003.jpg IMG_20190426_172644683.jpg

lgadbois

Mar 20, 2003
There isn't much to go on. My wild guess is that the album may have been repurposed for photos, and that it originally held important legal documents. If you search on some of the German words, you may be able to learn more. Good luck!

OP
OP
O

Oldasdirt

Greenie
May 9, 2019
Fresno ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How bout the tin type photos that are in it how do I find out who they are

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Looks like OLD "High German" (like from an old German Bible); my mother's mother had an OLD German BIBLE; her sister, (my aunt) has it... I reviewed it years ago.

OP
OP
O

Oldasdirt

Greenie
May 9, 2019
Fresno ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I found 3 books and a red velvet rope with 2 crosses on each end and these were the books

1. This album

2.Order of the Eastern star

3. Key of heaven also had a prayer card from the year 1804 and a address of 29 rue st.sulpice Paris

EKG

Mar 19, 2017
From Germany but in South America at the moment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Fisher Jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I am German the first picture got academic title and teachers names
And pointed out the use from this document looks to me like an old berlin Brandenburg adress

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

Thats an old German script (19th century) list of names, professions and addresses.

Its either from a public addressbook or from the advertisment section of period newspaper. I see a tailor, a language teacher and food merchant (cheese, flour, yeast).

Obviously repurposed as glue underpaper for the pictures.

No hidden meaning, sorry.

If it is you family I think they read a Berlin newspaper since I can read a Köpenicker Strasse and a Jacobstrasse. Both of these are very close together in Central Berlin.

No hidden meanings imho, sorry.

Namxat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions